Sword Art Online

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
Kor

Re: Sword Art Online

Postby Kor » October 28th, 2012, 2:43 pm

So now it's becoming even more over-the-top than earlier.
This is entering the Yu Gi Oh territory, only with video games.

Dunno how I feel about the sister being that green elf girl. I kinda wished the sister wouldn't be involved in the game in order to serve specifically as an RL person...and also that would have meant overall seeing less of her.
Soreiyu

Postby Soreiyu » October 28th, 2012, 6:12 pm

^ I agree entirely.
phreak_91

Postby phreak_91 » October 28th, 2012, 6:23 pm

So.. is there going to be some incest in this anime now? Normally that would be something I would welcome in an anime, but in this case, I really don't want to see Kirito cheating on Asuna for some reason.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » October 28th, 2012, 8:45 pm

when a character decides they love someone in an anime, very rarely is it the case that they'll start to love someone else instead unless the original person dies. So you can be pretty sure that Kirito will only ever have eyes for Asuna, and then his sister will just be there on the sidelines dreaming.
leokiko

Postby leokiko » November 1st, 2012, 2:09 am

Everywhere I go I see people bashing the hell outta this ;/
Last edited by leokiko on November 1st, 2012, 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soreiyu

Postby Soreiyu » November 1st, 2012, 5:18 pm

It's because people set their expectations too high. When something doesn't meet your expectations the natural response is to complain.

I personally have not been bashing. I just like to nit pick on things that could be handled better. This show isn't exactly a masterpiece in writing/storytelling. So I'll give it criticism when it is due.
Last edited by Soreiyu on November 1st, 2012, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redangelran

inlove with a mystery geek || is stalking someone

Postby redangelran » November 2nd, 2012, 6:26 am

I guess the latest episode is okay, though I expected something better :/
"I don't mind waiting for people. Because the longer you wait, when you do meet, you'll be more happy."
-Mouri Ran

"Is a reason necessary? I don't know why you would kill someone but as for saving someone-- a logical mind isn't needed, right?"
-Kudo Shinichi

My Twitter||My MAL
-super stupid case fanatic, i'm waiting for you ♥-
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member

銀霊

Postby GinRei » November 3rd, 2012, 7:25 pm

They really should've split the seasons.  Going from rush rush rush to this snail's pace is ridiculously jarring.  If they were using SAO pacing, the last three episodes would've been done in 1 episode.
Kor

Postby Kor » November 10th, 2012, 4:39 pm

This was an...okay episode I suppose, but the pacing is still bad.

So did he actually shapeshift or something? That doesn't really sound like an illusion thing.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » November 10th, 2012, 9:26 pm

not quite illusion, but depending on what the other schools of magic in the game are, it might be the closest to that.

edit: also, considering that he transformed into The Gleam Eyes, you could also blame it on his SAO-ness glitching the ability out.
Last edited by Akonyl on November 10th, 2012, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aly_angelflight

Get that squirrel!

Postby aly_angelflight » November 12th, 2012, 2:53 pm

Explanation from the Light Novel wrote:"The spell Kirito casting is an illusion magic that makes a player look like a monster. But the magic is not useful in actual combat. Because the shape depends randomly on the player’s combat skills, usually the result is some weak monster, with no change in stats; since most people are aware of this it won’t frighten them."

Just goes to show just how much more powerful Kirito is over everyone else with the whole SAO attribute carry-over. ::)
"I suppose he could have changed. I myself have noticed my growing resemblance to a daffodil.”
3DS Friend Code: 2723-9258-9521
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » November 17th, 2012, 6:19 pm

kirito harem +2

and this illusion magic was actually illusion magic, how about that
ranger
Community Villain

Postby ranger » November 17th, 2012, 7:23 pm

is sword glop online still worth watching? I think I last left off on episode 10, and now I'm on break.

Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » November 17th, 2012, 11:59 pm

from a critical standpoint, no, not really. But if you're willing to just watch the show as "The Adventures of Glorious Leader Kirito" and not get annoyed by how everything is written to make the main character better than everyone else, it can still be entertaining.
Vylash

Postby Vylash » November 18th, 2012, 12:51 am

ranger wrote:is sword glop online still worth watching? I think I last left off on episode 10, and now I'm on break.
not at all, keep it dropped