Sword Art Online

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
Trishula

Sword Art Online

Postby Trishula » July 8th, 2012, 5:25 am

Adaption of the SAO Light Novel which you can read on Baka Tsuki.

Episode 1 aired yesterday, discuss the potential best anime of the season.
Kor

Re: Sword Art Online

Postby Kor » July 8th, 2012, 6:25 am

First of all, the word you're looking for is "adaptation"
Second, after the first episode, any anime has the potential to be the best of the season.

Either way I already posted my thoughts about this in another thread.
Holmes

Erabareshi Kodomotachi

Postby Holmes » July 8th, 2012, 1:26 pm

DC, making deadly virtual reality game before it was cool. The phantom of Baker street.

But liked the first episode, I have high expectations.
My drawings thread :) [size=120]Holmes´Drawings

*Amazing banner done by KaitoGirl, thank you very much! :D*
leokiko

Postby leokiko » July 9th, 2012, 12:01 am

Enjoy the hell outta this, as I am a big fan of MMO's. Enjoyed most ''hack'' series and I'm sure this one will be no exception.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » July 9th, 2012, 10:53 am

I'm curious how many times they'll introduce an enemy/character as powerful by saying "I was in the beta and I cleared ____ floors!" :P

anyway, I'm hopeful, but that's partially because it's really the only new show I've decided to watch this season as of yet.
Soreiyu

Postby Soreiyu » July 9th, 2012, 11:41 am

LOL Hopefully that won't happen too often...

I'm reminded of when I've been in MMO closed beta and still sucked when the game went online... >_>
leokiko

Postby leokiko » July 9th, 2012, 3:03 pm

I read the novel, and the only thing I can say is: Don't worry about that.

@edit: I actually only read Volume 01, and I can already say that if the anime follow the novel closely, we are looking at the best anime of 2012. And the best romance.
Last edited by leokiko on July 9th, 2012, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ranger
Community Villain

Postby ranger » July 9th, 2012, 6:31 pm

the first episode had some really funny moments

the whole "you're a guy?!" scene

and I couldn't stop myself from laughing when he takes down the boar and thinks it's a raid boss, hahahah

leokiko

Postby leokiko » July 14th, 2012, 7:56 pm

This episode rushed through the novel. I was hoping for an two-parter for this arc. Still good though, if a bit confusing for anime-only viewers.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » July 14th, 2012, 11:10 pm

I didn't really see anything confusing about it, except maybe why he decided to just go "yeah okay I'm just gonna act all evil now instead of explaining things"
ranger
Community Villain

Postby ranger » July 14th, 2012, 11:40 pm

it didn't live up to the expectations of the first episode, but whatevs

leokiko

Postby leokiko » July 15th, 2012, 1:06 am

Akonyl wrote:I didn't really see anything confusing about it, except maybe why he decided to just go "yeah okay I'm just gonna act all evil now instead of explaining things"

To show ppl that he is better than them, and that idealism and sh*t doesn't matter anything on this death game. Stats, level and knowledge does.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » July 15th, 2012, 1:09 am

leokiko wrote:
Akonyl wrote:I didn't really see anything confusing about it, except maybe why he decided to just go "yeah okay I'm just gonna act all evil now instead of explaining things"

To show ppl that he is better than them, and that idealism and sh*t doesn't matter anything on this death game. Stats, level and knowledge does.

if he's actually being serious about it, then that's just weird, considering that like a minute before, he was inner monologuing about how the other guy did what he didn't (helping everyone else out), instead of just thinking "man this guy should've just looked out for #1".
ranger
Community Villain

Postby ranger » July 15th, 2012, 1:31 am

I'm guessing he went all villainy to unite the rest of the players, so they can fight under a single cause, and to shift the blame from all beta testers to just him, "DA BEAATTAAHH"

leokiko

Postby leokiko » July 15th, 2012, 2:47 am

Akonyl wrote:
leokiko wrote:

if he's actually being serious about it, then that's just weird, considering that like a minute before, he was inner monologuing about how the other guy did what he didn't (helping everyone else out), instead of just thinking "man this guy should've just looked out for #1".

HAHA, I know, sorry, I was just joking around. He pulled a Lelouch there, like ranger said.