MAJOR (Anime/Manga series about baseball)

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Re: MAJOR (Anime/Manga series about baseball)

Post by Jd- »

Every episode and every manga chapter of MAJOR feels like it means something. For a series that ran for so long to have that to its name is really a feat that can't be matched by anything else out there. The only thing I haven't seen in full is the extended version of the World Series special (the one aired on TV that combined the two OVAs with 15 minutes of new footage at the start). Did anyone ever sub it?
The Mask
Part-time teacher, full-time dreamer

Post by The Mask »

Jd- wrote:Every episode and every manga chapter of MAJOR feels like it means something. For a series that ran for so long to have that to its name is really a feat that can't be matched by anything else out there. The only thing I haven't seen in full is the extended version of the World Series special (the one aired on TV that combined the two OVAs with 15 minutes of new footage at the start). Did anyone ever sub it?
That's what makes MAJOR so special. It's not just a typical shonen anime. It really has a heart that makes it so inspiring and heartwarming to watch. Even until now, I still cry over MAJOR. No other anime series could probably induce that much emotion on such a regular occasion.

I've been looking for that extended OVA as well, but so far, I'm not getting any luck. I'm not even sure if there's a raw copy of that. Somehow, I don't understand why they didn't include the extended footage in the DVD. It kinda makes the DVD less appealing to buy at this point.
"Every man’s heart, one day, beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized."

- Ultimate Warrior (1959-2014)
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Thankfully, I was able to acquire that raw! It took ages upon ages to get it, but it was finally possible after much searching and many failed attempts and broken links. Most people don't know what it is, so we're lucky it was recorded at all, given that most people think it was just the two parts of the World Series added together with nothing new. Instead, it makes them into a coherent "movie" of sorts, and a great one.

I'm still hoping there will be some new MAJOR-related anime movie or something in the future. I know the series is neatly wrapped up at this point, but it's a sad prospect to think that the series is just completely over now. I shall forever miss Goro and the gang if it is to be so.
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Wha-what is this?! :OOOOOOOOO There's a topic?! \o/
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
The Mask

Post by The Mask »

Jd- wrote:Thankfully, I was able to acquire that raw! It took ages upon ages to get it, but it was finally possible after much searching and many failed attempts and broken links. Most people don't know what it is, so we're lucky it was recorded at all, given that most people think it was just the two parts of the World Series added together with nothing new. Instead, it makes them into a coherent "movie" of sorts, and a great one.

I'm still hoping there will be some new MAJOR-related anime movie or something in the future. I know the series is neatly wrapped up at this point, but it's a sad prospect to think that the series is just completely over now. I shall forever miss Goro and the gang if it is to be so.
What?! Where did you find it? Could you send me a message about it, just to avoid legal issues?

I feel the same way, too. Maybe they could give us some update as to what happened with Goro after
Spoiler:
becoming a family man and going to the Japan major leagues
. And heck, I was even expecting an entire episode devoted to
Spoiler:
Goro and Kaoru's wedding
, and how it becomes a reunion for many characters from previous seasons (since the manga showed a
Spoiler:
wedding picture
implying that to be the case).

They might even make it into a live-action movie, but I'm not sure if that would work at all, considering the fact that Goro's fastballs needs to be highlighted properly if they were to do so. Then again, the live-action Rurouni Kenshin movie was surprisingly good.

It's really sad that it's completely over already. It's a bittersweet feeling, to be honest. And after seeing that Shonen Sunday has already deleted its MAJOR website, and with Takuya Mitsuda being busy with his boxing manga, I feel that this is really it already. I will miss Goro and the gang, just like you. They have now become a significant part of my life. And with the age I'm in, Goro still continues to inspire me to rise to the dream stage.
"Every man’s heart, one day, beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized."

The Mask

Post by The Mask »

Jecka wrote:Wha-what is this?! :OOOOOOOOO There's a topic?! \o/
Yes, there's a MAJOR topic. Feel free to talk about anything related to Major here. ;)

The Mask

Post by The Mask »

Well, I've managed to get a hold of the extended World Series OVA. If you've followed the anime, you'll probably be able to get a good grasp of what happens in the extended footage. Still, it would've been great if there were subtitles.