Worst anime in your opinion?

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
kirite
Cookie-Eating Moderating Machine
Chillin'

Re: Worst anime in your opinion?

Post by kirite »

leokiko wrote:
How was the Chrono Crusade anime a disappointment? I mean, the plot went a little crazy there, but the same sadness that I had with the ending repeated itself when I watched the anime. It was still painful to see.

And about Rosario + Vampire: completely agree. This anime is one THAT SHOULDN'T EXIST. The manga is soooooooooooooo much better. Seriously, there's very little fanservice in the manga, believe me. To anyone that watched the anime: Go read the manga.

I'll try to keep my ranting to a min, no promises though.  SO.  MUCH.  RAGE  ARGGGG.

It was a disappointment because all characterisation and charm...and plot...and conflict...and SENSE went out the window.  Seriously the OOC is so painful I felt like I was reading poorly written fanfiction where the writer JUST WANNA HAVE A BAWW and OMG LOOK ROSETTE IS BORN SPECIAL OH NOESSSS.  

The whole plot of the story was poorly explained.  Father Remington's part was like....err...what?  The Apostles...err why do we need them again?  WHY IS MARY NOT THERE?  WHY IS CHRNO'S PERSONALITY SO UNLIKABLE?  

*breath*  

Chrno Crusade manga was great because it made you feel for both sides of the coin.  The "evil" side was charming and funny, the "other" love interest was sweet and loving, both people who ran away and people chasing have their reasons.  There is actually conflict and you actually like characters as the story progresses.  Characters grow up over the course of the story, and the ending -the ending was amazing. It was painful and happy and makes you want to keep growing and living.  No open ending for "sequels" either.  Things were wrapped up yet the world keeps turning.      

For the anime, sure the sad part was tragic and romantic, but that was all there was to it.  Didn't show their growth except maybe in their relationship (let's die togetherrrrrr).  Bad guys win.  Everything is terrible.  I don't mind sad endings and all but NOT WHEN THEY'RE OOC WHEN IT HAPPENS FFF.    
Hey, I have an idea, let's have a THIS SUCKS / NO THIS SUCKS / NO YOU / NO YOU argument for a couple pages, that will really be great. - Ingmar
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

^that

The manga was brilliant. It almost made me cry. :P When I finished the anime I was like WTF just happened?! D:
leokiko

Post by leokiko »

It's your opinion but...I liked the main characters. The only strange thing was the absurd and nonsensical presentation of the plot. But since I read the manga before, I was in more to see the character's I loved animated ^^.
Vicky

Post by Vicky »

Naruto, Angel Sanctuary, and One Piece.

>_>
<_<

I couldn't even sit through Angel Sanctuary for a minute without wanting to headdesk.
A Detective Conan and Magic Kaitou Role Playing Game / collaborative writing community.
Many characters from the series are available, including major ones! We also accept original characters from any faction in DC and MK. Despite the usage of real life PBs, we follow the anime/manga.
Silver1412
No, I'm not sarcastic. I'm sarCATic ~nya.

Post by Silver1412 »

kirite wrote: That's crazy talk.  One Piece's character design is the best I've seen in a long long time.  THE CHARACTERS ACTUALLY LOOK DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER. 
^ THAT is one of the truest things I've read on this thread ~nya.
~nya!
"Oh, don't give me that! None of you are saints, some of you are just good at hiding your sins!" - Our grade school teacher ~nya... She REALLY believed in our innocence didn't she
The resident DCTP mother kitty ~nya!

DCTP Cat Family
Join us, you know you want to ~nya!
Avatar the courtesy of brilliant Yuri Iwamoto ~nya.
Spoiler: Sad truth about Mass Effect
rpgplayer00
You won't like Ai when she angry!

Post by rpgplayer00 »

SD Gundam.
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

Ro-Kyu-Bu
aly_angelflight
Get that squirrel!

Post by aly_angelflight »

I absolutely hate Seto no Hanayome. Absolutely absurd, cliched, and boring. Only thing I liked about it was the music, but the rest was so crappy that I like to pretend that the music isn't even related to it. :|

Can't stand White Album or Ristorante Paradiso, either. Too much pointlessness, random drama, and boringness along with a BGM that made me sleepy while I was watching it. (I like the BGM better on its own. :-X)
"I suppose he could have changed. I myself have noticed my growing resemblance to a daffodil.”
3DS Friend Code: 2723-9258-9521
redangelran
inlove with a mystery geek || is stalking someone

Post by redangelran »

aly_angelflight wrote: I absolutely hate Seto no Hanayome. Absolutely absurd, cliched, and boring. Only thing I liked about it was the music, but the rest was so crappy that I like to pretend that the music isn't even related to it. :|
"I don't mind waiting for people. Because the longer you wait, when you do meet, you'll be more happy."
-Mouri Ran

"Is a reason necessary? I don't know why you would kill someone but as for saving someone-- a logical mind isn't needed, right?"
-Kudo Shinichi

My Twitter||My MAL
-super stupid case fanatic, i'm waiting for you ♥-
Silver1412
No, I'm not sarcastic. I'm sarCATic ~nya.

Post by Silver1412 »

aly_angelflight wrote: I absolutely hate Seto no Hanayome. Absolutely absurd, cliched, and boring. Only thing I liked about it was the music, but the rest was so crappy that I like to pretend that the music isn't even related to it. :|
Sounds a lot like Fushigi Yuugi ~nya... Though I admit that the plot had potential in that one. But the heroine was absolutely PATHETIC ~nya.
~nya!
"Oh, don't give me that! None of you are saints, some of you are just good at hiding your sins!" - Our grade school teacher ~nya... She REALLY believed in our innocence didn't she
The resident DCTP mother kitty ~nya!

DCTP Cat Family
Join us, you know you want to ~nya!
Avatar the courtesy of brilliant Yuri Iwamoto ~nya.
Spoiler: Sad truth about Mass Effect
leokiko

Post by leokiko »

Seto no Hanayome is one of those animes that makes me laugh no matter how many times I watch it. I think it's awesome.
MaitreDétective

Post by MaitreDétective »

Parkur wrote: C³
Chuu Bra!!
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
Kiss x Sis (TV)
Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle
Seikon no Qwaser
B Gata H Kei
D: Phi Brain is great imo
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

I'm gonna add to here that I tried watching Hetalia: Axis Powers and disliked it. I don't get what all the fuss is about. It's crap. I'm assuming that all of the popularity is down to the "pretty" boys in yaoi-ambiguous situations, but a) they're really not that pretty and b) personally, I can't bring myself to rabidly fangirl anyone that I'm not also emotionally invested in.
IHKF
AyuCon forever & other INTERESTING couples :3

Post by IHKF »

mangaluva wrote: I'm gonna add to here that I tried watching Hetalia: Axis Powers and disliked it. I don't get what all the fuss is about. It's crap. I'm assuming that all of the popularity is down to the "pretty" boys in yaoi-ambiguous situations, but a) they're really not that pretty and b) personally, I can't bring myself to rabidly fangirl anyone that I'm not also emotionally invested in.
D: OMG?! HOW THE-

It's HILARIOUS! XD
Definition of AyuCon:
An underrated couple overthrown by a mass of overrated couples in a world of fangirls/boys who like stoic characters and Mary-Sues.

"Please be okay... Ayumi!" -Conan
Definition of MitsuAi:
Best thing ever- better than ice tea on a hot day or ice cream cake at a B-Day party.

"(to Mitsuhiko) At this moment, you are my outstanding rescuer. Thanks for your help." -Haibara

(Don't own the picture)
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

IHKF wrote:
mangaluva wrote: I'm gonna add to here that I tried watching Hetalia: Axis Powers and disliked it. I don't get what all the fuss is about. It's crap. I'm assuming that all of the popularity is down to the "pretty" boys in yaoi-ambiguous situations, but a) they're really not that pretty and b) personally, I can't bring myself to rabidly fangirl anyone that I'm not also emotionally invested in.

D: OMG?! HOW THE-

It's HILARIOUS! XD
It's really not :/ When the jokes tried to be historical they were inaccurate and not funny, and the rest of the time they were just not funny.