Anime Recommendation Thread

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
CoolKid3

Anime Recommendation Thread

Post by CoolKid3 »

Can I ask for some help from my fellow anime enthusiast? I would probably use this thread for future request that's why the thread title is generic...

Currently searching for;

(1) Episodic anime series that
(2) Has great episode resolution

Something;
(A) Serious like real life problems presented in the series Bartender in which realizations are facilitated thru Sasakura Ryuu's hints using alcoholic drinks and their history...
(B) Varied situations and circumstances like Detective Conan cases wherein the culprit breaks down at the end of the episode to atone for their crime
(C) Maybe with a mixture of comedy but the realizations can still be found like in the case of school life anime series like GTO and Gokusen...

Not something like;
(A) Hell Girl - which usually (if not always) ends in tragedy
Last edited by CoolKid3 on May 4th, 2010, 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you think you are cooler than me then prove it, B*TCH!

Sakina

Re: Anime Recommendation Thread

Post by Sakina »

Code Geass.  Not exactly what you're searching for but you should watch it anyway.
xpon
Community Sepll Chkecer
Spreading the cuteness, all over DCTP

Post by xpon »

CoolKid3 wrote: Can I ask for some help from my fellow anime enthusiast? I would probably use this thread for future request that's why the thread title is generic...

Currently searching for;

(1) Episodic anime series that
(2) Has great episode resolution

Something;
(A) Serious like real life problems presented in the series Bartender in which realizations are facilitated thru Sasakura Ryuu's hints using alcoholic drinks and their history...
(B) Varied situations and circumstances like Detective Conan cases wherein the culprit breaks down at the end of the episode to atone for their crime
(C) Maybe with a mixture of comedy but the realizations can still be found like in the case of school life anime series like GTO and Gokusen...

Not something like;
(A) Hell Girl - which usually (if not always) ends in tragedy

so basically you want Non-Fantasy anime right......

let see......

eto....

- Ai Yori Aoshi
Quite romance and not too fantasy... about a gril who try to become the perfect bride for her childhood fiancee.... but because it's an old anime.. the resolution isn't quite good

- Chi's Sweet Home
about a cat journey.... nice

- Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight
This is my most recomended anime for you. about the life of 5 student council

- Genshiken
A life discoreography of otaku's life... (want to know better about otaku ... watch this this is my second best otaku after lucky star and in pairing with bakuman)

- Lucky star
ha ha ha... find it your self

- Ichigo Mashimaro
very funny...

- Minami-Ke, Minami-Ke Okawari, Minami-Ke Okaeri
about life of Minami's... a high shool girl, with 2 her sister (1 in junior and 1 in grade school)

- Today in clas 5-2
just an ova but the same creator of minami-ke

- You're Under Arrest (all seasons)
quite realistic .. about the life of police officer (specially the 2 main police woman )

thats my recommendation....
sorry... most of my anime is about magic, and fantasy.. but i've seen bartender.. it was quite nice...
xpon is so cute...
Image                         Image
Even Ayumi~chan and Sera~chan love to hug him.....
Thanks to sonoci & Yuri
CoolKid3

Post by CoolKid3 »

Sakina wrote: Code Geass.  Not exactly what you're searching for but you should watch it anyway.
Watched and liked it
xpon wrote: - Ai Yori Aoshi
Quite romance and not too fantasy... about a gril who try to become the perfect bride for her childhood fiancee.... but because it's an old anime.. the resolution isn't quite good
I don't mind old CGs as long as the series is really damn good...
- Chi's Sweet Home
Not a neko-lover, really!
- Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight
I'll first check this one... Thanks...
- Genshiken
A life discoreography of otaku's life... (want to know better about otaku ... watch this this is my second best otaku after lucky star and in pairing with bakuman)
Haven't watched this one... The theme is the same as Welcome to the NHK, I just hope its just as awesome...
- Lucky star
I heard about this and heard both good and bad feedbacks... so I haven't tried it yet
- Ichigo Mashimaro
very funny...
Ichigo 100%?
- Minami-Ke, Minami-Ke Okawari, Minami-Ke Okaeri
about life of Minami's... a high shool girl, with 2 her sister (1 in junior and 1 in grade school)
Not into female lead character except if the female lead has a strong personality and not a whining bitch...
- Today in clas 5-2
I'm beginning to like short series more lately so I don't mind OVA recommendations
- You're Under Arrest (all seasons)
quite realistic .. about the life of police officer (specially the 2 main police woman )
2nd priority at the moment...

TBH, i never expected this much recommendation in such a short period of time... But thanks for the quick response!

xpon
Community Sepll Chkecer

Post by xpon »

CoolKid3 wrote:
xpon wrote: - Ai Yori Aoshi
I don't mind old CGs as long as the series is really damn good...
yup it was good...
CoolKid3 wrote:
xpon wrote: - Chi's Sweet Home
Not a neko-lover, really!
ha ha ha.. recommended for young girly sister ..

CoolKid3 wrote:
xpon wrote: - Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight
okay.. nice graphic but kinda chibi..
CoolKid3 wrote:
xpon wrote: - Genshiken
Haven't watched this one... The theme is the same as Welcome to the NHK, I just hope its just as awesome...
- Lucky star
I heard about this and heard both good and bad feedbacks... so I haven't tried it yet
The NHK.. wow.. i though you havent watch it..... let see... The NHK is a story abbout a hikikomori (kinda like an otaku go bad)... but in genshiken and Lucky star.. the story is about their life days (lucky star is high school while gensiken is collage student) ... they tell almost diferent story each episode and with minimum link between each episode.. (like you can skip an eps and still able to continous. although you'll lose about 20%)

so it kinda same but different at the same time with WtNHK.

But i must warn you.. (are you a male or woman? sorry.... :P) The Genshiken is pack with quite alot ero and ecchi stuff. so it become teen to mature... (age 18+ ) like when they buy doujin in comicet... and after that in his room he is
Spoiler:
jeking off but not shown but indicates... ha ha ha... what else you used tissue after playing bishoujo games
so feell free to skipp this anime.

but Lucky star is a funny story about a fujoshi (female otaku) and most of the anime they parodies the previous anime
Spoiler:
NHK, Initial D, Full Metal Alchemist, Full metal Panic, ect
it was funny...
and take my advice
Spoiler:
Skip the Lucky chanel.. it ws borring and make you feel down.. and dont put too much attention to episode 1.. the food episode
CoolKid3 wrote:
xpon wrote: Ichigo Mashimaro
very funny...
Ichigo 100%?
No.. The ichigo mashimaru is chibbi and different to ichigo 100%..

about ichigo 100% ( i dont recommended it to you because i thing ai yori is better in romance... but in school life yes it was good... i've read and watch it.)

and if you like Ichigo 100% maybe you'll like onegai Twins (not the onegai teacher okay.. but you can if you want)
CoolKid3 wrote:
xpon wrote: - Minami-Ke, Minami-Ke Okawari, Minami-Ke Okaeri
Not into female lead character except if the female lead has a strong personality and not a whining bitch...
it funny... no whining bitch... just a baka older sister, genius little sister and charing oldest sister.. with teir friends...
CoolKid3 wrote:
xpon wrote:- Today in clas 5-2
I'm beginning to like short series more lately so I don't mind OVA recommendations
okay .. go ahead..

CoolKid3 wrote:
xpon wrote: - You're Under Arrest (all seasons)
2nd priority at the moment...
They are strong willed officer....
Spoiler:
too much strong indeed
CoolKid3 wrote: TBH, i never expected this much recommendation in such a short period of time... But thanks for the quick response!
the truth is.. i'm surprise too..

if you look at my past post record.. i usually post a one liner.. ( some of the people hate me because i did this) but i gues if you're talking about something you like... the stuff just go out and flowing like a river stream. ha ha ha

-------------

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/xpon

if you like to see the title you haven't watch.. then i can give you my opinion

PS; sorry... you are on age and male right.. sorry.... :D
Last edited by xpon on May 4th, 2010, 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
xpon is so cute...
Thanks to sonoci & Yuri
Azu
ME GUSTA

Post by Azu »

Lovely Complex! :).

It's my favourite anime by far. I gues it sorta reflects on real-life problems. s: . In a way.

The comedy in it is awesome! :D.
xpon
Community Sepll Chkecer

Post by xpon »

Azu wrote: Lovely Complex! :).

It's my favourite anime by far. I gues it sorta reflects on real-life problems. s: . In a way.

is that about a giant female and a short guy?

then it was hillarius .. the comedy is gread... but i only read the manga though
xpon is so cute...
Thanks to sonoci & Yuri
Introuble
Ah-le-le

Post by Introuble »

Looking for an anime with...

- Several insane plot twists.
- Action,suspense and thrill.
- A gripping plot.

Would be nice if that certain anime has...
- Bearable Art
- Battle of the wits like Death Note and Code Geass

Generally an anime with...
The outwitting of Death Note.
The action and brilliance of Code Geass.
The thrill/suspense of Monster
The greatness of Detective Conan's dark side (Black Organization - serious tone,great plot twists,mind boggling suspense/thrill/action,etc)

Or anything across these lines :)
"Spelling Disney as "Di$ney" is strongly discouraged." - Toonzone forum rules.
Thanks Sherlock!
Azu
ME GUSTA

Post by Azu »

xpon wrote:
Azu wrote: Lovely Complex! :).

is that about a giant female and a short guy?

then it was hillarius .. the comedy is gread... but i only read the manga though
Haha yeaps!!

It IS hilarious. XD. I've watched the anime about 375082572308 times. XD. (yes, I'm exagerrating but it's that awesome.)

I'm going to read the manga when it's holiday for me. :).

I guess one factor that makes it fun it's because the characters speak in Kansai-ben~
xpon
Community Sepll Chkecer

Post by xpon »

Introuble wrote: Looking for an anime with...

- A gripping plot.

- Bearable Art

The greatness of Detective Conan's dark side (Black Organization - serious tone,great plot twists,mind boggling suspense/thrill/action,etc)

-Basilisk!
an event that put 2 ninja family kill each others... while the main heir is in love (just like Romeo & Juliet... the forbidden love story)

- Death note it self

- Fate-Stay Night
not quite at your request but the battle is sure nice....

- Pumpkin Scissors

- black lagoon
(just watch a couple random episode but i think it quite recomended)

and if you're looking for a good battle scene that makes adrenaline rush to your head... try Makunochi Ippo (boxing but he is the best because HARD WORK... not because he is gifted a special power or anything.... just hardwork , patience and a strong will)

----

@Azu
yup...
Spoiler:
and the best comedy for me is when they take the match percentage machine.. and get 100% ha ha ha

and if any of you like some romance and funny but quite a lot classical music atmosphere then Nodame Cantabile is very recommended
Last edited by xpon on May 4th, 2010, 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
xpon is so cute...
Thanks to sonoci & Yuri
Azu
ME GUSTA

Post by Azu »

- A gripping plot.

- Bearable Art

The only anime that has popped in my head was Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. s: . It probably wouldn't give you the thrill/suspense of Monster nor insane plot twists, but action is definitely guaranteed. I wouldn't expect you to like it, but give it a try when you're bored. :).

@xpon:
Spoiler:
HAHA IKR!!!! srsly this series is awesome beyond words. the Nibui pun was XDDD. How dense can Ootani be!
CoolKid3

Post by CoolKid3 »

- A gripping plot.
You basically described One Piece right there however I'm not sure if you like that type of series considering most of the series you mentioned in your post are Suspense/ Psychological Thriller series type...

A must-see psychological thriller IMO is Welcome to the NHK...
xpon wrote:
CoolKid3 wrote:
Yeah, I just downloaded it and the characters are really chibi... Never saw that one coming...
CoolKid3 wrote:
xpon wrote: Ichigo Mashimaro
very funny...
Ichigo 100%?
No.. The ichigo mashimaru is chibbi and different to ichigo 100%..
No, I haven't watched or even tried Ichigo100%... I just thought they were the same... Actually I was considering trying it before when I was searching for ecchi series... However, the only ecchi series I liked and finished were Kanokon, Green Green and Golden Boy
Last edited by CoolKid3 on May 4th, 2010, 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Introuble
Ah-le-le

Post by Introuble »

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS!!  ;D
"Spelling Disney as "Di$ney" is strongly discouraged." - Toonzone forum rules.
Thanks Sherlock!
xpon
Community Sepll Chkecer

Post by xpon »

CoolKid3 wrote:
xpon wrote:
CoolKid3 wrote:
Yeah, I just downloaded it and the characters are really chibi... Never saw that one coming...

but the story is deep.. bring joy and tear.. believe me.. i cry when i saw her in her room (confuse.. :D i'm not going to put spoiler ha ha ha)

but the story is really deep.. Full of Trust, Spirit for not Giving up, Friendship, Love, and silly stuff

believe me.. if you don't want to watch all the anime list that i gave.. please watch this.. and if you dont like it.. than you can curse me.. ha ha ha

and if you watch kanokon.. than there is no ecchi in genshiken ... ha ha ha.... kanokon is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more ecchi and vulgar if you compare with any of my recommendation

BTW.. where you download the anime? can you pm me the site? pleaseeeeeeeee :D

Introuble wrote: THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS!!  ;D
You're welcome!
Last edited by xpon on May 4th, 2010, 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
xpon is so cute...
Thanks to sonoci & Yuri
CoolKid3

Post by CoolKid3 »

xpon wrote: BTW.. where you download the anime? can you pm me the site? pleaseeeeeeeee :D
I'll just post the site here... I posted the link in Beastly's thread Best Case 1-99 or something like that and I wasn't infracted so I'm assuming it's alright to post download links...

Not sure what series you're talking about so I just posted the index listing; http://animestash.info/alphabetic

I started downloading the 1st few episodes of You're under arrest and Genshiken for trial purposes but it appears I'll go all the way based on what I read on wiki about the plot and the characters...