Pokemon!

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
User avatar

Conan Shuuichi

Posts: 5194

Re: Pokemon!

Postby Conia » March 29th, 2010, 1:22 pm

Commi-Ninja wrote:
conia wrote:If you want dual type advantage, get a spiritomb ;D


No kidding, haha.  Sableye works for that as well.

True. Well, those 2 are the only ones with almost no disadvantage, but there's a way to make an attack to super-effective to them, you now how ;D?
Image
Commi-Ninja
User avatar
Posts: 1583

Re: Pokemon!

Postby Commi-Ninja » March 29th, 2010, 1:41 pm

There is?  I don't know, then.

Impart your wisdom, please, conia.
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
User avatar

Conan Shuuichi

Posts: 5194

Re: Pokemon!

Postby Conia » March 29th, 2010, 1:49 pm

Commi-Ninja wrote:There is?  I don't know, then.

Impart your wisdom, please, conia.

LOL, well, I found it by typing my previous post :P
I figured that a fighting pokemon, like Machamp, could use Foresight, making normal and fighting type attacks effective against ghost types. without the ghost type advantage, a fighting type attack would be super-effective to dark-type, and x1 to ghost, instead of zero.
Image
Commi-Ninja
User avatar
Posts: 1583

Re: Pokemon!

Postby Commi-Ninja » March 29th, 2010, 1:58 pm

conia wrote:
Commi-Ninja wrote:There is?  I don't know, then.

Impart your wisdom, please, conia.

LOL, well, I found it by typing my previous post :P
I figured that a fighting pokemon, like Machamp, could use Foresight, making normal and fighting type attacks effective against ghost types. without the ghost type advantage, a fighting type attack would be super-effective to dark-type, and x1 to ghost, instead of zero.


Makes sense to me.  Then the only real issue is speed, and fighting-types aren't too low on that...
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
User avatar

Conan Shuuichi

Posts: 5194

Re: Pokemon!

Postby Conia » March 29th, 2010, 2:02 pm

Fighting types generally have a standard number of speed, like 200-250. Breloom and Heracross are the fighting type pokemon that overpass that speed. I can't think of another one...
Image
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member
User avatar

銀霊

Posts: 3388

Contact:

Re: Pokemon!

Postby GinRei » March 29th, 2010, 2:37 pm

conia wrote:Fighting types generally have a standard number of speed, like 200-250. Breloom and Heracross are the fighting type pokemon that overpass that speed. I can't think of another one...


Infernape?  He's easily the best fighting Pokemon in the game.
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
User avatar

Conan Shuuichi

Posts: 5194

Re: Pokemon!

Postby Conia » March 29th, 2010, 2:46 pm

GinRei wrote:
conia wrote:Fighting types generally have a standard number of speed, like 200-250. Breloom and Heracross are the fighting type pokemon that overpass that speed. I can't think of another one...


Infernape?  He's easily the best fighting Pokemon in the game.


I didn't reached Generation 4 yet ::) but I'm playing SoulSilver xD
Image
Vylash
User avatar
Posts: 3757

Contact:

Re: Pokemon!

Postby Vylash » March 29th, 2010, 2:55 pm

GinRei wrote:
conia wrote:Fighting types generally have a standard number of speed, like 200-250. Breloom and Heracross are the fighting type pokemon that overpass that speed. I can't think of another one...


Infernape?  He's easily the best fighting Pokemon in the game.
i prefer hitmonlee myself
Image
mangaluva
User avatar

Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Posts: 5246

Contact:

Re: Pokemon!

Postby mangaluva » March 29th, 2010, 2:57 pm

Parkur wrote:
GinRei wrote:
conia wrote:Fighting types generally have a standard number of speed, like 200-250. Breloom and Heracross are the fighting type pokemon that overpass that speed. I can't think of another one...


Infernape?  He's easily the best fighting Pokemon in the game.
i prefer hitmonlee myself


I'm not a fan of fighting types, but I do have a sentimental attachment to Machamp. Largely, though, my party is a fire type, a flying, a water, an electric, a rock/ground and a psychic.
Vylash
User avatar
Posts: 3757

Contact:

Re: Pokemon!

Postby Vylash » March 29th, 2010, 3:00 pm

mangaluva wrote:
Parkur wrote:
GinRei wrote:
conia wrote:Fighting types generally have a standard number of speed, like 200-250. Breloom and Heracross are the fighting type pokemon that overpass that speed. I can't think of another one...


Infernape?  He's easily the best fighting Pokemon in the game.
i prefer hitmonlee myself


I'm not a fan of fighting types, but I do have a sentimental attachment to Machamp. Largely, though, my party is a fire type, a flying, a water, an electric, a rock/ground and a psychic.
my party is a electric type, a fire type, a psychic type, a normal type, and a water type (that doubles as my ice type)
Image
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
User avatar

Conan Shuuichi

Posts: 5194

Re: Pokemon!

Postby Conia » March 29th, 2010, 3:01 pm

mangaluva wrote:
Parkur wrote:
GinRei wrote:
conia wrote:Fighting types generally have a standard number of speed, like 200-250. Breloom and Heracross are the fighting type pokemon that overpass that speed. I can't think of another one...


Infernape?  He's easily the best fighting Pokemon in the game.
i prefer hitmonlee myself


I'm not a fan of fighting types, but I do have a sentimental attachment to Machamp. Largely, though, my party is a fire type, a flying, a water, an electric, a rock/ground and a psychic.


Machamp always seemed weak to me, but his Attack stat is VERY HIGH.
Hitmonlee always have the same attacks: Double Kick,Rolling Kick,Triple Kick,Jump Kick,Hi Jump Kick,Mega Kick ;D

My party? since I'm not taking ti to seriously, it just lame, but I got Fire, Water-Poison and Psychic.
Image
pofa
Community Savior
User avatar

Armchair sorcerey

Posts: 1183

Re: Pokemon!

Postby pofa » March 30th, 2010, 9:02 pm

I just got SoulSilver and I'm trying to work out my team. When I used to play Crystal I'd get a poliwag because you could get one early, but I want something different...other than totodile, does anyone have suggestions for a good water type?

I love staryu to death, but it doesn't learn too many good moves, and element stones are hard to get.
ImageImageImage

Superman = Captain America > Aquaman = Hal Jordan > Wonder Woman > Barry Allen > Thor > Martian Manhunter > The Hulk > Wasp > Hawkeye > [power gap] > Iron Man = Batman > [power gap] > Hank Pym
Vylash
User avatar
Posts: 3757

Contact:

Re: Pokemon!

Postby Vylash » March 30th, 2010, 9:20 pm

pofa wrote:I just got SoulSilver and I'm trying to work out my team. When I used to play Crystal I'd get a poliwag because you could get one early, but I want something different...other than totodile, does anyone have suggestions for a good water type?

I love staryu to death, but it doesn't learn too many good moves, and element stones are hard to get.
well, i couldn't find any good water types either, i'm using suicune as my water/ice type, but since you just got the game, that won't be an option for you until you beat the elite four, i'd recommend staryu, teach it recover, surf, psychic, and thunderbolt (and elemental stones are easy as hell to get)
Image
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
User avatar

Conan Shuuichi

Posts: 5194

Re: Pokemon!

Postby Conia » March 30th, 2010, 9:45 pm

Parkur wrote:
pofa wrote:I just got SoulSilver and I'm trying to work out my team. When I used to play Crystal I'd get a poliwag because you could get one early, but I want something different...other than totodile, does anyone have suggestions for a good water type?

I love staryu to death, but it doesn't learn too many good moves, and element stones are hard to get.
well, i couldn't find any good water types either, i'm using suicune as my water/ice type, but since you just got the game, that won't be an option for you until you beat the elite four, i'd recommend staryu, teach it recover, surf, psychic, and thunderbolt (and elemental stones are easy as hell to get)


I caught a Tentacool trying out the Old Rod. I was so surprised I didn't get a Magikarp that I caught it right away ;D but I don't recommend it. You can always catch Red Gyarados ::)
Image
Commi-Ninja
User avatar
Posts: 1583

Re: Pokemon!

Postby Commi-Ninja » March 30th, 2010, 10:52 pm

conia wrote:
Parkur wrote:
pofa wrote:I just got SoulSilver and I'm trying to work out my team. When I used to play Crystal I'd get a poliwag because you could get one early, but I want something different...other than totodile, does anyone have suggestions for a good water type?

I love staryu to death, but it doesn't learn too many good moves, and element stones are hard to get.
well, i couldn't find any good water types either, i'm using suicune as my water/ice type, but since you just got the game, that won't be an option for you until you beat the elite four, i'd recommend staryu, teach it recover, surf, psychic, and thunderbolt (and elemental stones are easy as hell to get)


I caught a Tentacool trying out the Old Rod. I was so surprised I didn't get a Magikarp that I caught it right away ;D but I don't recommend it. You can always catch Red Gyarados ::)


Lapras is a good water/ice type.  You can get it in the Safari Zone once you get the customization unlocked.  Rocky beach is the area.  Hard to catch, but completely worth it.
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests