Pokemon!

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
Misztina

Re: Pokemon!

Post by Misztina »

I was my favourite 10 years ago. I even wrote a journey diary where I collected Pokémon. Such a crazy thing. But it was so cool. I really enjoyed the first two movies too.
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

The early series of the anime were a major facet of my childhood, as were the original games and pokemon cards. I don't watch the anime anymore, though- I think I gave up when Misty left. I liked her character enough to put up with Ash, but without her I couldn't be bothered. -_- I haven't played any of the new games much, either. IMO, they haven't made a decent new game (FR/LG notwithstanding) since Crystal. I can't wait for the remakes of Gold and Silver, though. It will be a major nostalgia hit, plus, more importantly, I WILL BE ABLE TO WALK AROUND FOLLOWED BY A CHARIZARD. The only way that could be any more awesome is if I could dress my character as the Kaitou Kid. Then my DS would explode from the awesome.
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

Vylash

Post by Vylash »

ranger wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:
ranger wrote:is Ash still the main character? Also, did that fool ever evolve squirtle?  That guy thinks he can be the world pokemon master w/o Blastoise? /facepalm

yes and I dunno, Squirtle was given to an officer Jenny who owns the now good Firefighter Squirtle Squad sometime during the first 1/3 of Johto. It should have ended after Johto as everything after that is AWFUL.

Kind of like the games too, pokemon red/blue and gold/silver were awesome, but honestly, to the non-hardcore pokemon fans, the next games were really boring.  No innovation at all, and it really seems they are running out of new pokemon ideas.  I'm looking forward to the US version of the remakes of gold and silver however.

Also, why does Ash never evolve his guys?  I remember that one old episode when he refused to evolve pikachu because he was like "thats disrespecting the pokemon" but like, he evolves charmeleon...Ash is a noob and I would totally smoke him in a 1 v 1 match.
i don't see how that's even close to being true
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
Conan Shuuichi

Post by Conia »

Parkur wrote:
ranger wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:[quote="ranger"]
is Ash still the main character? Also, did that fool ever evolve squirtle?  That guy thinks he can be the world pokemon master w/o Blastoise? /facepalm

yes and I dunno, Squirtle was given to an officer Jenny who owns the now good Firefighter Squirtle Squad sometime during the first 1/3 of Johto. It should have ended after Johto as everything after that is AWFUL.

Kind of like the games too, pokemon red/blue and gold/silver were awesome, but honestly, to the non-hardcore pokemon fans, the next games were really boring.  No innovation at all, and it really seems they are running out of new pokemon ideas.  I'm looking forward to the US version of the remakes of gold and silver however.

Also, why does Ash never evolve his guys?  I remember that one old episode when he refused to evolve pikachu because he was like "thats disrespecting the pokemon" but like, he evolves charmeleon...Ash is a noob and I would totally smoke him in a 1 v 1 match.
[/quote]

I think he meant that the basic story never changed. 3 starters,8 gyms,elite four,etc...
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

conia wrote:
Parkur wrote:
ranger wrote:[quote="kkslider5552000"]
[quote="ranger"]
is Ash still the main character? Also, did that fool ever evolve squirtle?  That guy thinks he can be the world pokemon master w/o Blastoise? /facepalm

[/quote]

I think he meant that the basic story never changed. 3 starters,8 gyms,elite four,etc...
[/quote]no need to fix something that's not broken
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
Conan Shuuichi

Post by Conia »

Parkur wrote:
conia wrote:
Parkur wrote:[quote="ranger"]
[quote="kkslider5552000"]
[quote="ranger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]no need to fix something that's not broken
[/quote]

Guess you are right. I liked the going back to Kanto in G/S/C after beating the Elite Four. It's a shame that this wasn't use anymore, although I kinda understand that Pokemon levels will rise A LOT if the have to go more than to times back.
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

MAX REVIVE!

So what was it, people? Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Totodile? Personally I chose Chikorita. I prefer fire types but I wanted to rub it in my brother's face if I could finish the game faster than him having chosen Chikorita for my starter XD
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
Conan Shuuichi

Post by Conia »

mangaluva wrote:MAX REVIVE!

So what was it, people? Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Totodile? Personally I chose Chikorita. I prefer fire types but I wanted to rub it in my brother's face if I could finish the game faster than him having chosen Chikorita for my starter XD

LOL

Fire type FTW! Unluckily, Water Pokemon are everywhere :(
I chose Cyndaquil, but the 3 of them are a good choice, becuase they can learn a lot of different powerful attacks.

Also, Chikorita leraned Razor Leaf in level 8. Totodile choosers should hate that :P
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member
銀霊

Post by GinRei »

I always choose the Fire Type, but good lord is Cyndaquil a horrible starter.  His best fire attacks are special.  However, he has to make do with Ember from when he gets it at level 10 until he upgrades to Lava Plume at 31.  All of his other attacks are physical, except Swift at 28!!!  His attack stat is so horrible, too.

Really, the only good Johto starter is Totodile, who is just a bad Gyarados unless you breed Ice Punch and either Dragon Dance or (preferably) Swords Dance onto him.

Generation 5 better have good starters again.  Especially the Fire Pokemon, since they seem to not like putting any other new Fire Pokemon in the game.
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
Conan Shuuichi

Post by Conia »

GinRei wrote:I always choose the Fire Type, but good lord is Cyndaquil a horrible starter.  His best fire attacks are special.  However, he has to make do with Ember from when he gets it at level 10 until he upgrades to Lava Plume at 31.  All of his other attacks are physical, except Swift at 28!!!  His attack stat is so horrible, too.

Really, the only good Johto starter is Totodile, who is just a bad Gyarados unless you breed Ice Punch and either Dragon Dance or (preferably) Swords Dance onto him.

Generation 5 better have good starters again.  Especially the Fire Pokemon, since they seem to not like putting any other new Fire Pokemon in the game.

Well, I bought Fire Blast for my Quilava. Much more better than Flame Wheel...
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

conia wrote:
GinRei wrote:I always choose the Fire Type, but good lord is Cyndaquil a horrible starter.  His best fire attacks are special.  However, he has to make do with Ember from when he gets it at level 10 until he upgrades to Lava Plume at 31.  All of his other attacks are physical, except Swift at 28!!!  His attack stat is so horrible, too.

flame wheel worked perfectly for me until lava plume kicked in, i'm having trouble doing an international trade in the gts though, and i really need to do that, but i'm not trading a mew for a freakin caterpie, some people are just insane  >:(
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
Conan Shuuichi

Post by Conia »

Parkur wrote:
conia wrote:

flame wheel worked perfectly for me until lava plume kicked in, i'm having trouble doing an international trade in the gts though, and i really need to do that, but i'm not trading a mew for a freakin caterpie, some people are just insane  >:(

LOOOOOOOOL!
I can't trade since i'm using an emulator, but the Wi-Fi trading place looked pretty cool :)
ziraulo
Finally broke that Lurking Spell...

Post by ziraulo »

Don't really play the game, just a strategist here, but my sis and I always choose water types. I don't think she'll be choosing Totodile in a Johto setting though. Chikorita is her favorite  ;D.

and what's generation 5  ??? *tips head innocently*
Spoiler:
They hatched!!! I'm a mom!!!!

Image Image Image

My tumblr: http://ziraulo.tumblr.com/

3DS Friend Code: 0189-9300-8351
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
Conan Shuuichi

Post by Conia »

I think generation 5 is the upcoming generation, since generation 4 was Diamond,Pearl and Platinum(right?)