Pokemon!

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
karisama
why do we bake cookies and cook bacon?

Pokemon!

Post by karisama »

It's my childhood, and I would assume the same for you all. 8D

I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS~

"I swear to drunk I'm not God." - Colonel Roy Mustang [from a fanmade icon]

Al: So what's your strategy, Brother?
Ed: I told you, a fist in his face!

Hughes: Yo, Ed! Getting it on with a girl in your hospital room?
Ed: She's just my automail mechanic!
Hughes: Ah, so you've seduced your mechanic? Not bad, midget.

"LOYAL CANINE HOW WE SALUTE THEE!" - Colonel
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Re: Pokemon!

Post by kkslider5552000 »

I WILL TRAVEL ACROSS THE LAND, SEARCHING FAR AND WIDE
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Soreiyu

Post by Soreiyu »

I was probably 15 or so in 97 so I cant really say that it was a part of my childhood. hahaha
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

is Ash still the main character? Also, did that fool ever evolve squirtle?  That guy thinks he can be the world pokemon master w/o Blastoise? /facepalm

Pokemon was an integral part my of childhood, its funny to relook at the series now that I am older because I noticed Brock is a perv
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

ranger wrote: is Ash still the main character? Also, did that fool ever evolve squirtle?  That guy thinks he can be the world pokemon master w/o Blastoise? /facepalm
yes and I dunno, Squirtle was given to an officer Jenny who owns the now good Firefighter Squirtle Squad sometime during the first 1/3 of Johto. It should have ended after Johto as everything after that is AWFUL.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

Detective Girl
Wel... Umm... yeh. That's just me.

Post by Detective Girl »

Pokemon~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!

I loved them when i was little

I only watched the season 1,
and I memoried all the pokemon that appears in Season 1.

I still remember the song  >ã…‚<

ìž
Last edited by Detective Girl on January 10th, 2010, 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------
바보..
남ì
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

kkslider5552000 wrote:
ranger wrote: is Ash still the main character? Also, did that fool ever evolve squirtle?  That guy thinks he can be the world pokemon master w/o Blastoise? /facepalm
yes and I dunno, Squirtle was given to an officer Jenny who owns the now good Firefighter Squirtle Squad sometime during the first 1/3 of Johto. It should have ended after Johto as everything after that is AWFUL.
Kind of like the games too, pokemon red/blue and gold/silver were awesome, but honestly, to the non-hardcore pokemon fans, the next games were really boring.  No innovation at all, and it really seems they are running out of new pokemon ideas.  I'm looking forward to the US version of the remakes of gold and silver however.

Also, why does Ash never evolve his guys?  I remember that one old episode when he refused to evolve pikachu because he was like "thats disrespecting the pokemon" but like, he evolves charmeleon...Ash is a noob and I would totally smoke him in a 1 v 1 match.
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

Call me weird, but I know the names of all the Pokemon from Kanto to Sinnoh.

If ever I forgot one, just show me a pic of that Pokemon and then I'll give you the name!
miakakiri
Really not sure what I should put here....

Post by miakakiri »

Soreiyu wrote: I was probably 15 or so in 97 so I cant really say that it was a part of my childhood. hahaha
O.O Someone who's actually older than me! (Ok, by all of maybe a year, but still....)
Yeah I remember when Pokemon came out and started to get REALLY big, and I was a little too old for it (turned 14 in '97) but I sorta half-followed it through high school. Mostly because I had 3 little brothers and they were all into it. One of them gave me Pokemon Crystal for my birthday the year I started college...
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
Soreiyu

Post by Soreiyu »

haha Oh? So you're 26?

I just remember that it use to give at 7AM on UPN. I watched it sometimes when I was late for school or had a day off since nothing else was on. This was way before it moved to the WB.

I had the Red version for my oldschool GameBoy. I enjoined it even though the GameBoy ate batteries uber quick. -_-
CTU
*punches Xpon*

Post by CTU »

kkslider5552000 wrote:
It should have ended after Johto as everything after that is AWFUL.

I stopped watching B4 Johto ended...tho why dose it still continue...can't ask clame to be a pokemon master since he beat at least one major tournament? Also in Season 1 there was 150 known species of pokemon, but OMG there was a lot more that shown up and nobody questioned it even that one so called expert from the lighthouse.
Kleene Onigiri wrote: Mafia: Where you fight with unicorns and puppies as your weapons.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Basically during Johto (if I remember correctly) during the big "let's replace the Elite 4 with a tournament" thing at the end, Ash finally beat Gary and it seemed to be ending but then Ash lost to a guy who had a Hoenn Pokemon and then bullshit after bullshit happened until the last straw in Hoenn where Jesse and James lost Arbok and Wheezing and I was like "I GIVE UP".

mleeneg

Post by mleeneg »

For me I saw pokemon for the first time when my family decided to get cable.
I loved the series saw all the episodes but I want to stay clear away from the porygon episode.(Don't want to risk my life to watch it)

I also bought that pokemon handbook(pokemon 1-150 or 151 don't remember if mew was in it.) and memorized everything in that book down to every letter and my brothers would quiz each other about it from pokemon number, type, strengths,weakness,pokemon description, spelling of pokemon names, ect. Those were fun times.
Soreiyu

Post by Soreiyu »

I watched that ep, but it did not effect me. I guess I should consider myself lucky. lol
CTU
*punches Xpon*

Post by CTU »

Soreiyu wrote: I watched that ep, but it did not effect me. I guess I should consider myself lucky. lol
Japenese people are just more sensitive to it I believe I heard that somewhere a long time ago.
Kleene Onigiri wrote: Mafia: Where you fight with unicorns and puppies as your weapons.