List of anime/manga characters you DISLIKE most

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
kirite
Cookie-Eating Moderating Machine
Chillin'

Re: List of anime/manga characters you DISLIKE most

Post by kirite »

mangaluva wrote:Kyubey. That little shit.

Also, that nameless head maid from Fruits Basket. The spiral of suffering can pretty much be traced back to her, and in the end,
Spoiler:
when Akito holds out her hand to her, offering her forgiveness and the chance to move forwards, she rejects it and treats Akito coldly for character developing her way out of being a childish psychopath.
I doodle picture of killing Kyuubee on all my notes. He says he has no emotions yet sometimes I feel like he's just being a giant troll. His explanation of how humans are cattle is something I completely understand though. /stabs him again.

Gawd I hate that head maid lady especially. She just doesn't seem to care about the suffering of others. It's all about her and her "pride" and "tradition". When a child cries it's not freakin "disgraceful" dammit you sick freak.

Gyokuen Ren (Magi): I hate her so much right now but have a feeling that might change. Or not? Right now though KILL IT WITH FIRE.
Hey, I have an idea, let's have a THIS SUCKS / NO THIS SUCKS / NO YOU / NO YOU argument for a couple pages, that will really be great. - Ingmar
ShiraKiryuu

Post by ShiraKiryuu »

I rarely hate any characters but right now, I am very annoyed at the MC of Mushibugyou.
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

kirite wrote:
mangaluva wrote:Kyubey. That little shit.

Also, that nameless head maid from Fruits Basket. The spiral of suffering can pretty much be traced back to her, and in the end,
Spoiler:
when Akito holds out her hand to her, offering her forgiveness and the chance to move forwards, she rejects it and treats Akito coldly for character developing her way out of being a childish psychopath.
I doodle picture of killing Kyuubee on all my notes. He says he has no emotions yet sometimes I feel like he's just being a giant troll. His explanation of how humans are cattle is something I completely understand though. /stabs him again.
Kyubey is way freakier in the manga; because just having the same face all the time wouldn't be half as creepy in a manga, he does fake emotions, which makes him painfully adorable early on and then later leads to expressions like these:
Spoiler:
NOPE

NOPE NOPE

NOPE NOPE NOPE

And yeah, that maid is my ideal example of "mundane evil". She doesn't do anything overtly twisted like stabbing people, but it's all in the tiny ways that she treats, pressures and regards people.
Spoiler:
No wonder Red panicked over holding onto Akira's love when the head maid was driving everyone to call her a filthy whore for daring to love above her station and be loved in return. No wonder it drove her crazy when everyone praised and loved her "special" daughter without giving any regard to her, the woman who friggin' gave birth to god. No matter how much I dislike Ren, I still wish she'd heard Akira's last words and known how much he truly loved her. Maybe then she wouldn't have twisted Akito so badly, and then she wouldn't have spread the suffering on...
Memesu

Post by Memesu »

Yumehara Nozomi (yes!precure)

...I don´t know. I have nothing against overly optimistic, simpleminded characters in general but she is just too much.
Umineko kickstarter soon
https://www.umineko.us/#

Secret santa gift from PT <3
Calling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0569Wt-cZ0
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Probably Milk(also from YPC5)
Always sticking her nose into everything
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Itaru Hashida from Steins;Gate. I forgot his nickname and didn't even realize he had a real name until I looked it up honestly. But anyway, I am still genuinely baffled at this character. Steins;Gate kinda had a weak last episode but otherwise was an incredibly good anime from beginning to end with a Haruhi-level ability to make amazingly likable characters out of otaku-pandering stereotypes and having a very smart, creative, fun and well-paced time travel story. Episode 13 in particular is in my like top 5 anime episodes I've ever seen, and I'm not even sure if I would have to not count the longer Conan episodes for that to be true. So I have no idea why an unlikable character that basically exists to make fun of the worst of nerds (perverted creepy asshole sums up his character decently well) is one of the main characters? Why would you write that? Now, I'm not against burying people who are actually like that, in fact I'd be for it, humorous or otherwise. But he doesn't work as a main character. This is a one-off "take that" joke character if I've ever seen it. It would be like if that guy in a treasure chest from an early One Piece story joined the crew. And even he was a more enjoyable character.

Even the attempts to show his importance later on with some semi-emotional scenes falls flat on its face compared to the rest of the drama of the 2nd half. And it isn't like they do some great character arc or he's even written as some interesting, clever asshole (barring his hacking abilities, which could have gone to any better written characters). So my only conclusion is we're supposed to find him somehow endearing, when he's just...not. Like not in any real way. At all.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
pofa
Community Savior
Armchair sorcerey

Post by pofa »

@the head maid:
Spoiler:
Didn't Takaya say in one of her sidebars that she had a backstory for her that made her more sympathetic, and that she had wanted to reveal her name and stuff, but she had to stop somewhere (i.e., she couldn't make EVERYONE sympathetic or the manga would go on forever), so she left her as kind of the only unredeemed antagonist of the whole story. XD Even Ren was more sympathetic than her.
Speaking of Fruits Basket, though, I kinda hate Akira. :P
Spoiler:
That awkward moment when you realize that just telling your wife and kid you love them once or twice instead of being cryptic and insane would have saved your entire extended family 20+ years of grievous emotional and bodily harm...
ImageImageImage

Superman = Captain America > Aquaman = Hal Jordan > Wonder Woman > Barry Allen > Thor > Martian Manhunter > The Hulk > Wasp > Hawkeye > [power gap] > Iron Man = Batman > [power gap] > Hank Pym
frankguo8
Conan is life

Post by frankguo8 »

SASUKE from Naruto

I don't remember how many times I've curse this guy to just die and it would make Naruto so much better

Light from DeathNote

for a main character, he is very very messed up and crazy, it's really difficult for me to like the series with a guy that uses women as his tool and thinks he is a god..... :-\
It would be so much better if L is the main character and DIDN'T DIE (but the creaters just want shocking twists and different perspective)
ShiraKiryuu

Post by ShiraKiryuu »

frankguo8 wrote:SASUKE from Naruto

I don't remember how many times I've curse this guy to just die and it would make Naruto so much better
What are you talking about? Sasuke is the plot of Naruto! He can't just disappear out of nowhere :V
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

If we're allowed to talk manhwa, anyone who calls Min-Seong a "retard" in A Friendly Winter and that asshole who accused him of being a pedophile and kicked the crap out of him.
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

It looks like I don't hate the characters I posted here two years ago anymore. XD

Punpun's Mom from Oyasumi Punpun is reeeeally annoying. I also dislike Chitanda from Hyouka sometimes, but other times she's quite adorable. Hm. Who else? Ah, of course, Akainu from One Piece—that sick bastard! D:< (That samurai guy and his son from the same anime/manga also pisses me off)
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

kkslider5552000 wrote:Itaru Hashida from Steins;Gate. I forgot his nickname and didn't even realize he had a real name until I looked it up honestly. But anyway, I am still genuinely baffled at this character. Steins;Gate kinda had a weak last episode but otherwise was an incredibly good anime from beginning to end with a Haruhi-level ability to make amazingly likable characters out of otaku-pandering stereotypes and having a very smart, creative, fun and well-paced time travel story. Episode 13 in particular is in my like top 5 anime episodes I've ever seen, and I'm not even sure if I would have to not count the longer Conan episodes for that to be true. So I have no idea why an unlikable character that basically exists to make fun of the worst of nerds (perverted creepy asshole sums up his character decently well) is one of the main characters? Why would you write that? Now, I'm not against burying people who are actually like that, in fact I'd be for it, humorous or otherwise. But he doesn't work as a main character. This is a one-off "take that" joke character if I've ever seen it. It would be like if that guy in a treasure chest from an early One Piece story joined the crew. And even he was a more enjoyable character.

Even the attempts to show his importance later on with some semi-emotional scenes falls flat on its face compared to the rest of the drama of the 2nd half. And it isn't like they do some great character arc or he's even written as some interesting, clever asshole (barring his hacking abilities, which could have gone to any better written characters). So my only conclusion is we're supposed to find him somehow endearing, when he's just...not. Like not in any real way. At all.
Daru is funny - I think you're taking his character too seriously. He's part of the main cast, but to call Daru a main char is akin to calling like, Koizumi from Haruhi one of the main characters. He's just there for comedic value and some plot points regarding his technological expertise

plus how can you dislike him so much? He's a funny and nice dude. There's nothing more to Daru than that - I feel like you're over analyzing it a far too much. The truth of the matter is, Steins;Gate cast is nothing special at all - it's just a bunch of over-exaggerated tropes, but it works well because it's fun and not serious.

bluekaitou1412 wrote:It looks like I don't hate the characters I posted here two years ago anymore. XD

Punpun's Mom from Oyasumi Punpun is reeeeally annoying. I also dislike Chitanda from Hyouka sometimes, but other times she's quite adorable. Hm. Who else? Ah, of course, Akainu from One Piece—that sick bastard! D:< (That samurai guy and his son from the same anime/manga also pisses me off)
Chitanda is an airhead, Irisu was the best.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

ranger wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:Itaru Hashida from Steins;Gate. I forgot his nickname and didn't even realize he had a real name until I looked it up honestly. But anyway, I am still genuinely baffled at this character. Steins;Gate kinda had a weak last episode but otherwise was an incredibly good anime from beginning to end with a Haruhi-level ability to make amazingly likable characters out of otaku-pandering stereotypes and having a very smart, creative, fun and well-paced time travel story. Episode 13 in particular is in my like top 5 anime episodes I've ever seen, and I'm not even sure if I would have to not count the longer Conan episodes for that to be true. So I have no idea why an unlikable character that basically exists to make fun of the worst of nerds (perverted creepy asshole sums up his character decently well) is one of the main characters? Why would you write that? Now, I'm not against burying people who are actually like that, in fact I'd be for it, humorous or otherwise. But he doesn't work as a main character. This is a one-off "take that" joke character if I've ever seen it. It would be like if that guy in a treasure chest from an early One Piece story joined the crew. And even he was a more enjoyable character.

Daru is funny - I think you're taking his character too seriously. He's part of the main cast, but to call Daru a main char is akin to calling like, Koizumi from Haruhi one of the main characters. He's just there for comedic value and some plot points regarding his technological expertise

plus how can you dislike him so much? He's a funny and nice dude. There's nothing more to Daru than that - I feel like you're over analyzing it a far too much. The truth of the matter is, Steins;Gate cast is nothing special at all - it's just a bunch of over-exaggerated tropes, but it works well because it's fun and not serious.
maybe, but it just didn't work for me in the slightest. It didn't come up as fun as much as just needlessly mean-spirited and any humor of it didn't work for me at all.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
kiacan

Post by kiacan »

Last edited by kiacan on December 5th, 2022, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

Just finished Soul Eater. Gonna throw Medusa onto this list for being about as good a parent as Shou Tucker.