First anime you ever watched?

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
KainTheVampire
*the Devil disguised as a mad vampire* >:D

Re: First anime you ever watched?

Post by KainTheVampire »

Sailor moon
Conclusion: "This area is full of crap" and "It's a nasty place!"

Drawn by yours truly
Stopwatch

Post by Stopwatch »

Before I knew it was an anime: Pokemon, though I remember seeing bits of Yu Gi Oh. I think those must be like the only anime shown in the UK, at least that I know of.
After I knew: Detective Conan (subbed, not dubbed), weirdly enough I got into it because it had some really good fanfiction instead of reading the series and then the fanfics :-X
Last edited by Stopwatch on July 27th, 2011, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terry Pratchett wrote: The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.
Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image[/spoiler]
arielrachel0527
Ouran FTW

Post by arielrachel0527 »

NotSoFluent wrote: My first was Sailor Moon, when I was roughly six years old.  I didn't pick up the manga until I was eleven, and that was the crappy Mixx/Tokyopop edition where half the pages fell out when you opened it. :P
Same here. But you know that Kodansha is releasing a new version with Japanese character names (thank god) and actually reads from right-to-left like a regular manga.

In addition to Sailor Moon, I also watched Detective Conan, Doraemon, and Crayon Shin-chan. It was actually my dad who introduced Conan to me. :)
redangelran
inlove with a mystery geek || is stalking someone

Post by redangelran »

arielrachel0527 wrote:
In addition to Sailor Moon, I also watched Detective Conan, Doraemon, and Crayon Shin-chan. It was actually my dad who introduced Conan to me. :)
for me it was my cousin :)
"I don't mind waiting for people. Because the longer you wait, when you do meet, you'll be more happy."
-Mouri Ran

"Is a reason necessary? I don't know why you would kill someone but as for saving someone-- a logical mind isn't needed, right?"
-Kudo Shinichi

My Twitter||My MAL
-super stupid case fanatic, i'm waiting for you ♥-
KaitoGirl
I can fail, but I will try again... 'til the end.

Post by KaitoGirl »

redangelran wrote:
arielrachel0527 wrote:
for me it was my cousin :)
For me my sister (when I was a kid) and three years ago by my own
Do not be far from me, for trouble is near and there is no one to help me. Psalm 22:11
“Cursed is the one who trusts in man..." Part of Jeremiah 17:5
index.php?topic=4047.msg547789#new <-- My FanArt
Gintoki23
The Charades Detective is here!

Post by Gintoki23 »

Oh boy. I would always watch any cartoon show I could find so these are shows I watched before I knew they were animes: Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon, Naruto, Yugioh, Bobobobobo, I did come across Detective Conan but once I immediately saw that body (I was 6) and blood all over the floor and some kid sitting there examing it; I just went BOOP and turned off the TV feeling a bit scared xD, Neon Gensis  Evanglaon? (I'm sorry I have no idea how to spell it), Inuyasha and I think I saw a little of Shin-chan. Man, i used to watch so many animes not knowing they were animes.

The show that helped me figure out what Anime is was probably One Piece. It was the very first show I actually began watching fully on the internet.
"Zero is where everything starts! Nothing would ever be born if we didn't depart from there and nothing would ever be achieved!" -Kudou Shinichi Ep. 621
Detective Tommy

Post by Detective Tommy »

First anime was probably Pokemon. Around that time I also watched Dragonball Z and Digimon. All of these were American dubbed though. And I didn't actually know these were considered Anime. The first Anime I watched (learning about what Anime was) was Naruto (subbed in English). After Naruto, I watched Detective Conan on Funimation (iirc, or I saw it somewhere in English dubbed...) and searched for the DC subbed versions online.

"Well, a child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry... Do have much in common, after all..." - Tooru Amuro

redangelran
inlove with a mystery geek || is stalking someone

Post by redangelran »

dragonball has a lot of fans when i was a kid
"I don't mind waiting for people. Because the longer you wait, when you do meet, you'll be more happy."
-Mouri Ran

"Is a reason necessary? I don't know why you would kill someone but as for saving someone-- a logical mind isn't needed, right?"
-Kudo Shinichi

My Twitter||My MAL
-super stupid case fanatic, i'm waiting for you ♥-
queenmisanagi
hatate--journalist, yandere, certified cutie

Post by queenmisanagi »

First ever: Sailor Moon. I was such a hardcore fan (I was prolly five or six yo) and I usually said I wanted to be like Sailor Moon when I grow up.
KID and Shinichi sitting on a tree... S-O-L-V-I-N-G ... crimes...

fuckyeahkaishin.tumblr.com
Gintoki23
The Charades Detective is here!

Post by Gintoki23 »

redangelran wrote: dragonball has a lot of fans when i was a kid
I believe many are still. xD So many in my school know DBZ and Naruto they kinda stereotype that every single anime picture I'm drawing is Naruto... <:3
"Zero is where everything starts! Nothing would ever be born if we didn't depart from there and nothing would ever be achieved!" -Kudou Shinichi Ep. 621
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

When I was a kid, it was allllllllll Pokemon XD Well, at my school anyway. We had a minor war going with the next school, which was all YuGiOh.
arielrachel0527
Ouran FTW

Post by arielrachel0527 »

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Pokemon and YuGiOh. My brother collected the cards from YuGiOh and we would play from time to time.
Juzagal

Post by Juzagal »

*Down Memory Lane* ~~

First Japanese animation without knowing it as "Anime" :

Sonic The Hedgehog (early 90s), Pokemon (Pocket Monster.. only knew the Japanese title in 2010  :o ) [late 90s to early 2000s]

First Japanese animation knowing it as "Anime" :

Doraemon (late 80s to early 90s), Cardcaptor Sakura (late 90s)

First Japanese animation subbed : Azumanga Daioh (2004/2005)
Thanks to cinnamoroll~~~ ^^^^^
Spoiler:
Just from Hime-chan (DCTP Lottery II : Secret Santa 2011) ^_^
Spoiler:
Thanks to PhoenixTears (Secret Santa 2015)
Detective Tommy

Post by Detective Tommy »

When I found out Sonic The Hedgehog was Anime, I was like "WHAT!?! :o"

"Well, a child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry... Do have much in common, after all..." - Tooru Amuro

Dark Ren
Meitantei Conan - One Piece - Fairy Tail

Post by Dark Ren »

My first anime.., is Tom & Jerry @_@