Hunter X Hunter

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
Beastly
That was expected from my Silver Bullet

Hunter X Hunter

Post by Beastly »

... Is me the only one watching this lol... It's a good anime the one that create it is the same one who creates Yu Yu Hakusho(Ghost Fighter in Phil lol).

Damn the Mangaka= Hiatus-2 weeks active-hiatus for a year-3 weeks acctive-hiatus for 6 months-2 weeks active lol.
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Re: Hunter X Hunter

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

I finished the anime, not reading the manga.
helloxenia
"Why did you commit the crime?"

Post by helloxenia »

I've stopped watching the anime since... err, I was a second grader?
I remember I fancied Killua that time, haha.
Schillok
GCA UAC U AUG AUA

Post by Schillok »

I read it too. Nice manga. But the... inconsistent release of new chapters made me loose track of it 3 years ago again.
Beastly

Post by Beastly »

bluekaitou1412 wrote: I finished the anime, not reading the manga.
You finished the Greed Island arc?

@Shchillok
Jan 2010 is the new release
Chairman Netero vs the King of Chimera Ant
Schillok
GCA UAC U AUG AUA

Post by Schillok »

Jan 2010 is the new release
Chairman Netero vs the King of Chimera Ant
Yeah, I think this was about the last thing I read. The chairman separated the King from his servants and was testing his strength with his attacks. I would have to reread a few pages to remember what all the other people were doing. I think that Moth-like Chimera was creating a decoy while following the king while the rest... uhh... I think Gon faced the Cat, right?
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

Beastly wrote:
bluekaitou1412 wrote: I finished the anime, not reading the manga.
You finished the Greed Island arc?
Not quite but yes all the same.
CoolKid3

Post by CoolKid3 »

HxH is my favorite action/adventure anime series... It's been a while since I've watched this anime... The GI OVA had me pulling out an all-nighter... I was still in college back then, when I watched the GI OVA non-stop... I finished around 3am and had a 7am class that day... Luckily I survived that day!

Too lazy to read the manga though...
If you think you are cooler than me then prove it, B*TCH!

Gamer1104

Post by Gamer1104 »

I've always enjoyed the anime of this and attempted to read the manga but kinda just stopped somewhere around vol 13.  It was great though!  Hopefully one day they'll make an anime version of the rest of it if it's ever finished :D

Oh and I just ordered the first 15 episodes of the anime by Viz from Rightstuf for $20!  Rewatching time!
"I hope when you upload the movies, that includes the few that I haven't seen, the quality I found of some of them looked like they were taken by a camcorder recording a TV playing a VHS of a camcorder recording a TV playing a VHS of the movie." -Akonyl
"One Piece has been halfway done for a while now so I'm going to bet that One Piece ends sometime after the end of the world but before Guts gets off his boat." -Nitan
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Gamer1104 wrote: Hopefully one day they'll make an anime version of the rest of it if it's ever finished :D
I completely agree with this. Between the long periods of time between the sequel OVAs, the filler only being used in the manga arcs (and fitting perfectly, to the point where I forget it's filler) and the fact that they decided not to have an anime original ending,  it could end up being the best adaptation of a manga ever if it continues.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
CoolKid3

Post by CoolKid3 »

According to rumors, add'l 10 chapters only shall be made.. I dunno if the add'l chapters plus the other previously released chapter of Chimera Ant shall be sufficient to actually make a decent OVA like GI...

Still hoping for the best though...
If you think you are cooler than me then prove it, B*TCH!

Beastly

Post by Beastly »

Jan 1 2010 is damn near.  ;)
Callid
Ratio vincit omnia.

Post by Callid »

One of my favourite manga/anime. IMO the only one to surpass it is Hikaru no Go.
Especially the first two arcs (Hunter Exam & Tower) were great, it lost a bit of quality afterwards, but now... Well, let's see how it develops...

I have read the first 23 books and watched all the anime available, including OVAs. Since I'll only read them as soon as they appear in Germany, it will take another year till I'm at 26 (and, if they are restarting, it may take longer until I've caught up completely).

I don't know how the series is treated in America, but in Germany it's rated 8+ and is in the library therefore located in the child-part, along with HnG and KaitouKid, while DC is, along with DragonBall, on another floor in the youth-section and DeathNote is placed in the adult section. Very strange sorting...
If  ;), :D, ;D, ::), :P, :-X, :o or >:D are attached, that paragraph may not be 100% serious. Seriously.
This link provides further information.
Callid Conia Pact - Petitions - Archive
Beastly

Post by Beastly »

hgokuh

Post by hgokuh »

I watched all the Anime, didn't understood how it got canceled, it's one of my favorite.