Page 10 of 11

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Posted: August 10th, 2014, 2:25 am
by char13happy
Shaman King. Can't animators wait until the manga's finished before they start on making an anime adaptation? I swear, the second arc of the series just went downhill as it progressed. D:

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Posted: August 10th, 2014, 2:50 am
by kkslider5552000
frankguo8 wrote:ONE PIECE

I can't even watch it
SO. AWKWARD.

terrible opinion

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Posted: August 10th, 2014, 7:32 am
by Conan-chandesune
Even i dont like One Piece.....

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Posted: August 12th, 2014, 11:02 pm
by kkslider5552000
Conan-chandesune wrote:Even i dont like One Piece.....

This is the equivalent of hating fun

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Posted: August 14th, 2014, 12:18 pm
by Conan-chandesune
kkslider5552000 wrote:
Conan-chandesune wrote:Even i dont like One Piece.....

This is the equivalent of hating fun

Now who is being judgemental?

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Posted: September 6th, 2014, 4:54 am
by MissMist
I saw Special A was mentioned on page 1, and I agree just a tiny bit--specifically the ending bit. I heard about it first because of the anime, and I really enjoyed watching it. The ending was confusing for me though, so I looked it up online. Found out the anime diverted just cut the story and that it actually still continues on the manga :( that was so disappointing!

Also disappointed that Kaichou Wa Maid Sama ended at that point in the story. Wished so much for a second season but nada.

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Posted: January 6th, 2015, 6:35 pm
by kkuuddoo
Detective conan , magic Kaito,
Parasyte the maxim
finished ao haru ride and black prince and wolf girl recently
waiting for second season of Baby steps

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Posted: January 7th, 2015, 10:33 am
by MrDetective
Spiral

Magic Kaito

Captain Tsubasa and its sequels

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Posted: January 7th, 2015, 2:43 pm
by Iwamoto Yuri
I don't think Magic Kaito was ruined in the anime just because they messed up the order.
Detective Conan was definitely ruined at the start, but they are actually doing better now :V.

I don't really watch or read other manga...

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Posted: January 7th, 2015, 6:06 pm
by 14341210
I think Rosario + Vampire got a horribly botched adaption. Both sequels were pretty much glorified, full-length ecchi, that was infested with unneeded fan-service.

The manga is very, very, very different. Much more deep and climatic.

By the way, how is DC in anyway a bad adaption of the manga?

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Posted: January 7th, 2015, 7:38 pm
by Jecka
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:I don't think Magic Kaito was ruined in the anime just because they messed up the order.

14341210 wrote:By the way, how is DC in anyway a bad adaption of the manga?

^^^^ These two. Honestly, I liked many of the changes made in both adaptions of MK, and afaik DC follows the manga most of the time (with only a few changes here and there).

Anyway, the other manga based anime I've seen usually ends up pretty well, and ofc I do still prefer the manga mostly (and I mean the ones I've read and watched) :P

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Posted: January 7th, 2015, 7:48 pm
by Iwamoto Yuri
They absolutely ruined the train case where vodka and Gin weren't the BO and all off the sudden co knew who they were a while later..
I'm not sure if that's Eng dub only, tho, I never watched the Japanese version of that ep.
Other than that they are actually spot on most of the times. Just that one case really stuck to me.

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Posted: January 8th, 2015, 9:39 am
by 14341210
Jecka wrote:^^^^ These two. Honestly, I liked many of the changes made in both adaptions of MK, and afaik DC follows the manga most of the time (with only a few changes here and there).

Anyway, the other manga based anime I've seen usually ends up pretty well, and ofc I do still prefer the manga mostly (and I mean the ones I've read and watched) :P

Yeah, DC is one of the most loyal anime shows to follow their manga counterpart. Really hard to find anime shows anywhere near its level of commitment. Strange how some people think otherwise.
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:They absolutely ruined the train case where vodka and Gin weren't the BO and all off the sudden co knew who they were a while later..
I'm not sure if that's Eng dub only, tho, I never watched the Japanese version of that ep.
Other than that they are actually spot on most of the times. Just that one case really stuck to me.

Interesting, could you tell me what changed on that case? I never got the chance to read it in the manga, so I'm not sure what changed.

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Posted: January 8th, 2015, 8:22 pm
by kkslider5552000
14341210 wrote:
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:They absolutely ruined the train case where vodka and Gin weren't the BO and all off the sudden co knew who they were a while later..
I'm not sure if that's Eng dub only, tho, I never watched the Japanese version of that ep.
Other than that they are actually spot on most of the times. Just that one case really stuck to me.

Interesting, could you tell me what changed on that case? I never got the chance to read it in the manga, so I'm not sure what changed.

Basically, Gin and Vodka were in the original version of the case but were replaced by random one-off villains that had nothing to do with anything but vaguely somewhat look like them. For no reason. Which created a large plot hole later on because Conan never actually learned their names and yet knew their names for some reason.

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Posted: January 10th, 2015, 2:15 pm
by 14341210
kkslider5552000 wrote:
14341210 wrote:
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:They absolutely ruined the train case where vodka and Gin weren't the BO and all off the sudden co knew who they were a while later..
I'm not sure if that's Eng dub only, tho, I never watched the Japanese version of that ep.
Other than that they are actually spot on most of the times. Just that one case really stuck to me.

Interesting, could you tell me what changed on that case? I never got the chance to read it in the manga, so I'm not sure what changed.

Basically, Gin and Vodka were in the original version of the case but were replaced by random one-off villains that had nothing to do with anything but vaguely somewhat look like them. For no reason. Which created a large plot hole later on because Conan never actually learned their names and yet knew their names for some reason.

WAT

Why on earth would they ever change something so important?! o_o