Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
char13happy

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Post by char13happy »

Shaman King. Can't animators wait until the manga's finished before they start on making an anime adaptation? I swear, the second arc of the series just went downhill as it progressed. D:
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

frankguo8 wrote:ONE PIECE

I can't even watch it
SO. AWKWARD.
terrible opinion
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Conan-chandesune
Community eccentric

Post by Conan-chandesune »

Even i dont like One Piece.....
I am a geek~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am a flirt!
I love mysteries!
I love comics~

Jd-'s official apprentice
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Conan-chandesune wrote:Even i dont like One Piece.....
This is the equivalent of hating fun
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

Conan-chandesune
Community eccentric

Post by Conan-chandesune »

kkslider5552000 wrote:
Conan-chandesune wrote:Even i dont like One Piece.....
This is the equivalent of hating fun
Now who is being judgemental?
I am a geek~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am a flirt!
I love mysteries!
I love comics~

Jd-'s official apprentice
MissMist

Post by MissMist »

I saw Special A was mentioned on page 1, and I agree just a tiny bit--specifically the ending bit. I heard about it first because of the anime, and I really enjoyed watching it. The ending was confusing for me though, so I looked it up online. Found out the anime diverted just cut the story and that it actually still continues on the manga :( that was so disappointing!

Also disappointed that Kaichou Wa Maid Sama ended at that point in the story. Wished so much for a second season but nada.
"A secret makes a woman, woman."
FYI, here are colored & black Halloween contacts suitable for cosplay.
kkuuddoo

Post by kkuuddoo »

Detective conan , magic Kaito,
Parasyte the maxim
finished ao haru ride and black prince and wolf girl recently
waiting for second season of Baby steps
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

Spiral

Magic Kaito

Captain Tsubasa and its sequels
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

I don't think Magic Kaito was ruined in the anime just because they messed up the order.
Detective Conan was definitely ruined at the start, but they are actually doing better now :V.

I don't really watch or read other manga...
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.

Post by 14341210 »

I think Rosario + Vampire got a horribly botched adaption. Both sequels were pretty much glorified, full-length ecchi, that was infested with unneeded fan-service.

The manga is very, very, very different. Much more deep and climatic.

By the way, how is DC in anyway a bad adaption of the manga?
Mouri be like~
Fake it till you make it!
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:I don't think Magic Kaito was ruined in the anime just because they messed up the order.
14341210 wrote:By the way, how is DC in anyway a bad adaption of the manga?
^^^^ These two. Honestly, I liked many of the changes made in both adaptions of MK, and afaik DC follows the manga most of the time (with only a few changes here and there).

Anyway, the other manga based anime I've seen usually ends up pretty well, and ofc I do still prefer the manga mostly (and I mean the ones I've read and watched) :P
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

They absolutely ruined the train case where vodka and Gin weren't the BO and all off the sudden co knew who they were a while later..
I'm not sure if that's Eng dub only, tho, I never watched the Japanese version of that ep.
Other than that they are actually spot on most of the times. Just that one case really stuck to me.
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.

Post by 14341210 »

Jecka wrote:^^^^ These two. Honestly, I liked many of the changes made in both adaptions of MK, and afaik DC follows the manga most of the time (with only a few changes here and there).

Anyway, the other manga based anime I've seen usually ends up pretty well, and ofc I do still prefer the manga mostly (and I mean the ones I've read and watched) :P
Yeah, DC is one of the most loyal anime shows to follow their manga counterpart. Really hard to find anime shows anywhere near its level of commitment. Strange how some people think otherwise.
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:They absolutely ruined the train case where vodka and Gin weren't the BO and all off the sudden co knew who they were a while later..
I'm not sure if that's Eng dub only, tho, I never watched the Japanese version of that ep.
Other than that they are actually spot on most of the times. Just that one case really stuck to me.
Interesting, could you tell me what changed on that case? I never got the chance to read it in the manga, so I'm not sure what changed.
Mouri be like~
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

14341210 wrote:
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:They absolutely ruined the train case where vodka and Gin weren't the BO and all off the sudden co knew who they were a while later..
Interesting, could you tell me what changed on that case? I never got the chance to read it in the manga, so I'm not sure what changed.
Basically, Gin and Vodka were in the original version of the case but were replaced by random one-off villains that had nothing to do with anything but vaguely somewhat look like them. For no reason. Which created a large plot hole later on because Conan never actually learned their names and yet knew their names for some reason.

Post by 14341210 »

kkslider5552000 wrote:
14341210 wrote:
Basically, Gin and Vodka were in the original version of the case but were replaced by random one-off villains that had nothing to do with anything but vaguely somewhat look like them. For no reason. Which created a large plot hole later on because Conan never actually learned their names and yet knew their names for some reason.
WAT

Why on earth would they ever change something so important?! o_o
Mouri be like~