Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Post by kkslider5552000 »

don't even say conan

I choose the obvious ones of Love Hina and Tsubasa. Black Cat was ruined too, but was still fun.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
kirite
Cookie-Eating Moderating Machine
Chillin'

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Post by kirite »

The Black Cat ending credits is so cute.  Everyone got Nyaa-fied xD.  

I don't watch much anime, if the anime is bad compared to the manga then I usually stop imediately.  There are a few I had to sit through because my friends made me:

Chrno Crusade.  Seriously they basically took everything the mangaka aimed to do with his characters and threw them into a fire.  Worse case of OOC I've ever seen.
Trinity Blood:  The animation was nice, too bad the storyline and characterisation went completely to-
Hellsing:  It didn't even make sense.

Anime I still enjoy but have some flaws:

Berserk:  Well no I love Berserk anime (best mind scarring material of my childhood) but the anime end cliffhanger is just AHHHHHHHHHGGGGG.
Naruto:  Filters.  Wayyy too much dragging.
Bleach:  Filters.
Akagi:  Too much dragging in the end.
Monster:  Too much dragging.  Though 21st century boy did the same thing in the manga.
Blood +:  Massive OOC.  But then the anime was still awesome.
Last edited by kirite on August 2nd, 2009, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, I have an idea, let's have a THIS SUCKS / NO THIS SUCKS / NO YOU / NO YOU argument for a couple pages, that will really be great. - Ingmar
SkyVenger
Community Hero
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Post by SkyVenger »

kkslider5552000 wrote: don't even say conan
Too bad I am, but only on the Akemi Miyano case. :P

For me, it's gotta be Inuyasha and Flame of Recca ftl...

@kirite: Fillers, lol... Not filters.
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member
銀霊

Post by GinRei »

Black Cat wasn't bad if you don't watch the last four or five episodes.  It still wouldn't be as good as the manga, but hardly ruined... except those last few episodes.

Can't really say that the anime ruined Bleach.  Yeah, the filler is horrible, but the manga's been horrible since the end of Soul Society anyway so it's hard to ruin what's already ruined.

Seconding Trinity Blood, though that's based on light novels rather than manga, but I'm counting it anyway.

Claymore got rather butchered with a cliffhanger / AO butchered manga based ending.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

GinRei wrote: cliffhanger / AO butchered manga based ending.
is it just me or do more anime fit this description than ones that don't?
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

GinRei
DCTP Staff Member
銀霊

Post by GinRei »

Seems like it.  The one that annoys me the most is Spiral, since it was an amazing series, but the primary question from the first episode, "What are the Blade Children", never gets answered.  They stop at like volume 11 or something out of 15.  So annoying.

Also happened with D.Gray-Man, but that has a chance of coming back (much like Inuyasha is) since it's so popular, once the manga finishes/gets further ahead.

I'm afraid it's going to happen again soon with Pandora Hearts, which I'm loving.  These studios need to wait until a series is either finished or guaranteed to finish within the broadcast curtain so they don't need AO endings. 

Also, never let Gonzo produce their own ending again.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

I've always thought that the people who make the anime versions should wait much longer before making the anime version.

Either that or do what anime like Slayers and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei do and make a different season every year and pretend it's a sequel series.

of course, there is the occasional reasonable explanation for this (outside of not learning from other's mistakes) like Hunter X Hunter.
Last edited by kkslider5552000 on August 2nd, 2009, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

I agree about Chrno Crusade.
miakakiri
Really not sure what I should put here....

Post by miakakiri »

Kare Kano. The anime was so bad that the mangaka pulled the rights to animate it because he hated what the studio was doing--that's why it ends randomly in the middle of things. Also the whole cheap/lazy art stuff....totally uck.

Sailor Moon. Several aspects of the story get totally changed around, characters die in the wrong spots or ones that are supposed to die don't... The Starlights really don't make a lot of sense.... Oh, and OMG filler. You think Naruto and Bleach and such are bad with fillers? The first season (Dark Kingdom/Beryl arc) is 46 episodes in Japanese (40 in dub) and covered in 3 manga books plus one chapter of book 4, and rushes right into the ChibiUsa/Black Moon arc within the final chapter of the Beryl arc. In the anime, there's a filler arc between the end of Beryl and the arrival of ChibiUsa. And even that arc is full of filler and oddities--like getting the Senshi back after they're taken, only to have them all collected at once in the end for the showdown. The anime is almost a different story entirely from the manga. Oh, and don't even mention the live action (yet another different story).

Special A: They completely leave Finn out! And it ends in a different place....and....well, suffice to say there are a bunch of odd little differences that really make no sense. Stuff that's explained in the manga but not in the anime, lack of backstory, whole arcs of manga left out entirely....

That's all I can think of right now.
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
Raso

Post by Raso »

Negima! got hit pretty hard when they screwed up the last 10 eps created their own ending and didn't even bother to get to the best parts then created a pretty bad re-work anime, the OAVs have somewhat gotten it back on track but they have only been doing the ecchi parts while the series as a whole has undergone a genre shift.

Rosario+Vampire is exactly the same situation as Negima!

To-LOVE-ru got hit pretty hard with its anime mainly because it messed with the story quite a bit and added alot of sucky filler (the new OAD, the direction was beyond horrid and way to many people off-model it was sad)

the current arc in Haruhi is pretty much ruining it by going off the books so far (not a manga but still)

Genshiken anime was kind of ruined for me because they completely removed the key relationship in the end of the story.
Last edited by Raso on August 4th, 2009, 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Raso wrote: the current arc in Haruhi is pretty much ruining it by going off the books so far (not a manga but still)
I think the long wait for the 10th light novel has something to do with it.

Raso

Post by Raso »

kkslider5552000 wrote:
Raso wrote: the current arc in Haruhi is pretty much ruining it by going off the books so far (not a manga but still)
I think the long wait for the 10th light novel has something to do with it.
doesn't help those who are getting burned thanks to this

The biggest blow is the fact that the cover art of the New Type mag announcing the new Haruhi / Haruhi re-air is that of the Disappearance Haruhi (long hair), gd I got a pic of that issue somewhere. which in turn got all the hardcore fans really hopeing for Disappearance (something we will not see) and in turn they are laughing at our faces with the Endless Eight.

kyoani likes to troll when it comes to this show but they have taken it way to far this time, its the way to ruin an anime.
Last edited by Raso on August 4th, 2009, 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Raso wrote: kyoani likes to troll when it comes to this show but they have taken it way to far this time, its the way to ruin an anime.
you do realize that 75 percent of Haruhi fans are too desperately obssessed with Haruhi to not watch it right?

besides, even the terrible 6th Endless Eight is more entertaining than an episode of Inuyasha or Dragonball Z etc

and if there was filler instead, people would whine. So there.
Last edited by kkslider5552000 on August 4th, 2009, 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

GinRei
DCTP Staff Member
銀霊

Post by GinRei »

kkslider5552000 wrote: and if there was filler instead, people would whine. So there.
You wouldn't qualify much of Endless Eight as filler?
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

GinRei wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote: and if there was filler instead, people would whine. So there.
You wouldn't qualify much of Endless Eight as filler?
true, but I meant anime original filler. Which I honestly can't imagine what that would even be like.