Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
arielrachel0527
Ouran FTW

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Post by arielrachel0527 »

I agree. They followed so closely with Ouran except for the last two and they introduced a random character called Eclair out of nowhere. And like you said, it was rushed and if it had been longer, they would touch the important stuff like the character development of Tamaki and Hikaru.
pofa
Community Savior
Armchair sorcerey

Post by pofa »

Hoshi, tantei-chan wrote: I really like Tsubasa Chronicles at first, but when I read the manga I realized that A LOT has been left out. Not only the fact that the anime didn't reach the end of the manga but it also didn't explain the clones and stuff. The manga explained everything but it was pretty complicated, but at least it explained! Not like the anime.
That anime was continued in OVAs that follow the manga pretty closely. (Well, sort of closely.)
ImageImageImage

Superman = Captain America > Aquaman = Hal Jordan > Wonder Woman > Barry Allen > Thor > Martian Manhunter > The Hulk > Wasp > Hawkeye > [power gap] > Iron Man = Batman > [power gap] > Hank Pym
Hoshi, tantei-chan
Someone with the strength to cover our weaknesses

Post by Hoshi, tantei-chan »

pofa wrote:
Hoshi, tantei-chan wrote: I really like Tsubasa Chronicles at first, but when I read the manga I realized that A LOT has been left out. Not only the fact that the anime didn't reach the end of the manga but it also didn't explain the clones and stuff. The manga explained everything but it was pretty complicated, but at least it explained! Not like the anime.
That anime was continued in OVAs that follow the manga pretty closely. (Well, sort of closely.)
I watched those as well but there are still a lot of things missing.
Spoiler:
About Fay/Yui's past. The clones actually being 'Syaoran''s parents, and that they were trapped in that vessel thingy and a lot more.
Passing by
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Hoshi, tantei-chan wrote:
pofa wrote:
Spoiler:
About Fay/Yui's past. The clones actually being 'Syaoran''s parents, and that they were trapped in that vessel thingy and a lot more.
Spoiler:
to be fair, Fay's past was surprisingly boring and pretty much everything post-Acid Tokyo took the mindscrew into annoying, dissappointing areas
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Hoshi, tantei-chan

kkslider5552000 wrote:
pofa wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
to be fair, Fay's past was surprisingly boring and pretty much everything post-Acid Tokyo took the mindscrew into annoying, dissappointing areas
Spoiler:
Well I hate to admit it, but you're right. I actually like Fay that's why I wanted to know about his past but it was pretty disappointing. And the things after where the anime left off where definitely complicated. They were like totally hurting my brain, but afterwards you can understand.
Passing by
pofa
Community Savior
Armchair sorcerey

Post by pofa »

kkslider5552000 wrote:
pofa wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I agree, I didn't mind what they skipped at all. :P Though I guess if you're looking for complete faithfulness to the manga, it would be disappointing.
ImageImageImage

Superman = Captain America > Aquaman = Hal Jordan > Wonder Woman > Barry Allen > Thor > Martian Manhunter > The Hulk > Wasp > Hawkeye > [power gap] > Iron Man = Batman > [power gap] > Hank Pym
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Actually, I have the opposite opinion, the anime should have been just a GREATLY expanded adaptation of those later stories. The manga was like if Conan ended 10 volumes after Haibara's first appearance with ALL that plot and character stuff forced into those 10 volumes (but with more mindscrew). Or just have better stories that don't constantly force mindscrew, it was really good at that point if you could get past all that crap. (the final volume in particular being genuinely touching)
Last edited by kkslider5552000 on May 12th, 2011, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
pofa
Community Savior
Armchair sorcerey

Post by pofa »

kkslider5552000 wrote: Actually, I have the opposite opinion, the anime should have been just a GREATLY expanded adaptation of those later stories.
I did hear that part of the reason why the anime was so unevenly paced (and was eventually stopped) was CLAMP's unwillingness to give them manga plot info that they could use to do just that. Now that the manga is finished, it might be worth another shot--the anime had some really high points, especially in the first season when they had enough idea where they were going to take their time but at the same time hint toward a goal (the cherry blossom world was a really, really good arc). If they could do that with the later arcs too, it would have the potential to be really good.

However, since it looks like all we're going to get is an OVA every year or so, I think leaving some of the more awkward stuff out completely (like the Celes arc) is a valid way to go, since "fixing" it in 30-minute OVA format is pretty near impossible (though, even the more mindscrewy things are better in animation).
kkslider5552000 wrote: The manga was like if Conan ended 10 volumes after Haibara's first appearance with ALL that plot and character stuff forced into those 10 volumes (but with more mindscrew).
That's a depressingly accurate description of it.  :|
ImageImageImage

Hoshi, tantei-chan

Wew. I thought I had a firm belief in the manga, but after reading your comments, my whole view of the story has changed. I can't help but agree to everything.  :o
Passing by
leokiko

Post by leokiko »

Rosario+Vampire, without a doubt. The anime focused just on ecchi, while the manga don't have much ecchi and is focused on the battles.
Hoshi, tantei-chan

leokiko wrote: Rosario+Vampire, without a doubt. The anime focused just on ecchi, while the manga don't have much ecchi and is focused on the battles.
I  watched Rosario+Vampire Capu2 and I didn't like it much bec. of the ecchi.
Passing by
tangytangerine

Post by tangytangerine »

leokiko wrote: Rosario+Vampire, without a doubt. The anime focused just on ecchi, while the manga don't have much ecchi and is focused on the battles.
That one can be blamed on the Gonzo.  As "Season 2" of the manga was just starting to publish when Capu2 aired.  I do have to agreed that it really screwed with the story(especially Tsukune's transformation).   Makes me wish that they would just reboot the anime and give it a darker tone like the manga.

From what I've read, Sekirei: Pure Engagement(the 2nd season of Sekirei) really screwed with the manga plot too.  Most of that can be considered "anime only", as it's almost just filler compared to the manga.  
redangelran
inlove with a mystery geek || is stalking someone

Post by redangelran »

i'd say spiral.
i hated it when they didnt explain the blade children...!!
uh..
"I don't mind waiting for people. Because the longer you wait, when you do meet, you'll be more happy."
-Mouri Ran

"Is a reason necessary? I don't know why you would kill someone but as for saving someone-- a logical mind isn't needed, right?"
-Kudo Shinichi

My Twitter||My MAL
-super stupid case fanatic, i'm waiting for you ♥-
SZ5531
Whaaa...?

Post by SZ5531 »

SkyVenger wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote: don't even say conan
Too bad I am, but only on the Akemi Miyano case. :P

For me, it's gotta be Inuyasha and Flame of Recca ftl...

@kirite: Fillers, lol... Not filters.
Yes! I agree - the anime people had to fix it up later, they probably hadn't anticipated that Akemi would be a more important character.
:( :| :) :D ;D
iSmile evolution
ShiraKiryuu

Post by ShiraKiryuu »

^