Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
char13happy
User avatar
Posts: 264

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Postby char13happy » August 10th, 2014, 2:25 am

Shaman King. Can't animators wait until the manga's finished before they start on making an anime adaptation? I swear, the second arc of the series just went downhill as it progressed. D:
Image
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
User avatar

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Posts: 7684

Contact:

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Postby kkslider5552000 » August 10th, 2014, 2:50 am

frankguo8 wrote:ONE PIECE

I can't even watch it
SO. AWKWARD.

terrible opinion
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

Image

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Conan-chandesune
User avatar

Community eccentric

Posts: 1984

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Postby Conan-chandesune » August 10th, 2014, 7:32 am

Even i dont like One Piece.....
I am a geek~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am a flirt!
I love mysteries!
I love comics~

Jd-'s official apprentice
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
User avatar

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Posts: 7684

Contact:

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Postby kkslider5552000 » August 12th, 2014, 11:02 pm

Conan-chandesune wrote:Even i dont like One Piece.....

This is the equivalent of hating fun
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

Image

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Conan-chandesune
User avatar

Community eccentric

Posts: 1984

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Postby Conan-chandesune » August 14th, 2014, 12:18 pm

kkslider5552000 wrote:
Conan-chandesune wrote:Even i dont like One Piece.....

This is the equivalent of hating fun

Now who is being judgemental?
I am a geek~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am a flirt!
I love mysteries!
I love comics~

Jd-'s official apprentice
MissMist
Posts: 6

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Postby MissMist » September 6th, 2014, 4:54 am

I saw Special A was mentioned on page 1, and I agree just a tiny bit--specifically the ending bit. I heard about it first because of the anime, and I really enjoyed watching it. The ending was confusing for me though, so I looked it up online. Found out the anime diverted just cut the story and that it actually still continues on the manga :( that was so disappointing!

Also disappointed that Kaichou Wa Maid Sama ended at that point in the story. Wished so much for a second season but nada.
"A secret makes a woman, woman."
FYI, here are colored & black Halloween contacts suitable for cosplay.
kkuuddoo
User avatar
Posts: 155

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Postby kkuuddoo » January 6th, 2015, 6:35 pm

Detective conan , magic Kaito,
Parasyte the maxim
finished ao haru ride and black prince and wolf girl recently
waiting for second season of Baby steps
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
MrDetective
User avatar

Irregular Scans staff

Posts: 258

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Postby MrDetective » January 7th, 2015, 10:33 am

Spiral

Magic Kaito

Captain Tsubasa and its sequels
Iwamoto Yuri
User avatar

SPARKLES

Posts: 2452

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » January 7th, 2015, 2:43 pm

I don't think Magic Kaito was ruined in the anime just because they messed up the order.
Detective Conan was definitely ruined at the start, but they are actually doing better now :V.

I don't really watch or read other manga...
The Yuri to Japan give-away is back once more! Go HERE to check it out!
Image
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
14341210
User avatar
Posts: 34

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Postby 14341210 » January 7th, 2015, 6:06 pm

I think Rosario + Vampire got a horribly botched adaption. Both sequels were pretty much glorified, full-length ecchi, that was infested with unneeded fan-service.

The manga is very, very, very different. Much more deep and climatic.

By the way, how is DC in anyway a bad adaption of the manga?
Mouri be like~
Image
Fake it till you make it!
Jecka
User avatar

Hey there *dying inside*

Posts: 3346

Contact:

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Postby Jecka » January 7th, 2015, 7:38 pm

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:I don't think Magic Kaito was ruined in the anime just because they messed up the order.

14341210 wrote:By the way, how is DC in anyway a bad adaption of the manga?

^^^^ These two. Honestly, I liked many of the changes made in both adaptions of MK, and afaik DC follows the manga most of the time (with only a few changes here and there).

Anyway, the other manga based anime I've seen usually ends up pretty well, and ofc I do still prefer the manga mostly (and I mean the ones I've read and watched) :P
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Image

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Image
Iwamoto Yuri
User avatar

SPARKLES

Posts: 2452

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » January 7th, 2015, 7:48 pm

They absolutely ruined the train case where vodka and Gin weren't the BO and all off the sudden co knew who they were a while later..
I'm not sure if that's Eng dub only, tho, I never watched the Japanese version of that ep.
Other than that they are actually spot on most of the times. Just that one case really stuck to me.
The Yuri to Japan give-away is back once more! Go HERE to check it out!
Image
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
14341210
User avatar
Posts: 34

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Postby 14341210 » January 8th, 2015, 9:39 am

Jecka wrote:^^^^ These two. Honestly, I liked many of the changes made in both adaptions of MK, and afaik DC follows the manga most of the time (with only a few changes here and there).

Anyway, the other manga based anime I've seen usually ends up pretty well, and ofc I do still prefer the manga mostly (and I mean the ones I've read and watched) :P

Yeah, DC is one of the most loyal anime shows to follow their manga counterpart. Really hard to find anime shows anywhere near its level of commitment. Strange how some people think otherwise.
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:They absolutely ruined the train case where vodka and Gin weren't the BO and all off the sudden co knew who they were a while later..
I'm not sure if that's Eng dub only, tho, I never watched the Japanese version of that ep.
Other than that they are actually spot on most of the times. Just that one case really stuck to me.

Interesting, could you tell me what changed on that case? I never got the chance to read it in the manga, so I'm not sure what changed.
Mouri be like~
Image
Fake it till you make it!
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
User avatar

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Posts: 7684

Contact:

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Postby kkslider5552000 » January 8th, 2015, 8:22 pm

14341210 wrote:
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:They absolutely ruined the train case where vodka and Gin weren't the BO and all off the sudden co knew who they were a while later..
I'm not sure if that's Eng dub only, tho, I never watched the Japanese version of that ep.
Other than that they are actually spot on most of the times. Just that one case really stuck to me.

Interesting, could you tell me what changed on that case? I never got the chance to read it in the manga, so I'm not sure what changed.

Basically, Gin and Vodka were in the original version of the case but were replaced by random one-off villains that had nothing to do with anything but vaguely somewhat look like them. For no reason. Which created a large plot hole later on because Conan never actually learned their names and yet knew their names for some reason.
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

Image

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
14341210
User avatar
Posts: 34

Re: Manga that got the most ruined in the anime version

Postby 14341210 » January 10th, 2015, 2:15 pm

kkslider5552000 wrote:
14341210 wrote:
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:They absolutely ruined the train case where vodka and Gin weren't the BO and all off the sudden co knew who they were a while later..
I'm not sure if that's Eng dub only, tho, I never watched the Japanese version of that ep.
Other than that they are actually spot on most of the times. Just that one case really stuck to me.

Interesting, could you tell me what changed on that case? I never got the chance to read it in the manga, so I'm not sure what changed.

Basically, Gin and Vodka were in the original version of the case but were replaced by random one-off villains that had nothing to do with anything but vaguely somewhat look like them. For no reason. Which created a large plot hole later on because Conan never actually learned their names and yet knew their names for some reason.

WAT

Why on earth would they ever change something so important?! o_o
Mouri be like~
Image
Fake it till you make it!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

cron