Fairy Tail

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
Kiichi

Re: Fairy Tail

Postby Kiichi » May 3rd, 2013, 7:44 am

Been following this for about 4 years because i used to buy RM back in the day every month with Conan but it has not been anything but 5/10 material for ages, natsu losing was pretty interesting but he did such a comeback in 1 chapter I dont know if we can call it losing at all
if wendy is going to defeat a dragon..... ugh.... I dont care what the explanation is, please no
ShiraKiryuu

Postby ShiraKiryuu » May 4th, 2013, 5:16 am

Someone really hates Wendy :O
Kor
Administrator

Postby Kor » May 17th, 2013, 9:13 am

Gotta be honest. These two last chapters made me really frustrated regarding the decisions of the writer.
ShiraKiryuu

Postby ShiraKiryuu » May 18th, 2013, 8:31 am

Kor wrote:Gotta be honest. These two last chapters made me really frustrated regarding the decisions of the writer.

It's all Zilconis's fault. Damn dragon can't even read the serious mood.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » May 18th, 2013, 11:43 am

tbh, one of my main complaints about FT as a whole was that the author pretty much always interrupts his serious parts with joke parts in a really jarring manner. It isn't as prominent now that I'm just reading it week to week, but back when I was marathoning it it was really apparent.
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom

Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Postby bluekaitou1412 » May 21st, 2013, 10:38 am

Ah, FT has been going downhill anyway. No wonder the anime got cancelled. :V
Memesu

a witch

Postby Memesu » May 21st, 2013, 11:47 am

It did?
Choose
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13456

Secret santa gift from PT <3
The executioner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_UHO60tkdg&t=332s
"It's me, Chara."
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom

Postby bluekaitou1412 » May 24th, 2013, 9:12 am

Meme wrote:It did?

Well, I thought it got cancelled. Or they're showing re-runs now.

[spoiler]Totally saw Natsu's strategy a mile away. :V Just been talking about it with a friend.[/spoiler]
Kor
Administrator

Postby Kor » May 24th, 2013, 12:48 pm

bluekaitou1412 wrote:
Meme wrote:It did?

Well, I thought it got cancelled. Or they're showing re-runs now.

[spoiler]Totally saw Natsu's strategy a mile away. :V Just been talking about it with a friend.[/spoiler]

Here's the thing, though. If they show reruns, it might still be strong enough. Perhaps they just stopped because the anime was really close to the manga. Then again, the anime could be gone forever.
Still it doesn't necessarily mean the manga is doing bad (we need sales and statistics to determine that sort of stuff).
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom

Postby bluekaitou1412 » May 24th, 2013, 1:43 pm

Yeah, I know. I only half-meant that statement anyway. Never liked the anime much, too. So, biased? XD

People wouldn't want fillers instead, I'm guessing? Too little material to go on, there. Maybe it'll be just like Gintama. Re-runs fir the meantime, then all-new episodes when there's more material from the manga.
ShiraKiryuu

Postby ShiraKiryuu » May 25th, 2013, 8:34 am

bluekaitou1412 wrote:Ah, FT has been going downhill anyway. No wonder the anime got cancelled. :V

You didn't like the past two chapters? Didn't you know that FT is supposed to be an ecchi series?!

Well anyway, the only thing that I didn't find predictable was that Natsu befriended that other dragon. I was kind of wondering why it was a Fire Dragon when Igneel was supposed to be that type of dragon but now that clarify things. I'm guessing all the dragons of FT's dragon slayers are the King or Queen type like Igneel. It's just so obvious.

Still can't wait for the confrontation of Future Rogue and Present Rogue if it ever happens.
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom

Postby bluekaitou1412 » May 25th, 2013, 8:41 am

ShiraKiryuu wrote:the only thing that I didn't find predictable was that Natsu befriended that other dragon
In hindsight it was new, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the dragon. XD

No more fanservice Lucy! Bring on Wendy!
ShiraKiryuu

Postby ShiraKiryuu » May 25th, 2013, 8:55 am

bluekaitou1412 wrote:No more fanservice Lucy! Bring on Wendy!

When I read this I thought you now want fanservice Wendy instead of Lucy. But, I guess that isn't too bad.

*hides*
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom

Postby bluekaitou1412 » May 25th, 2013, 9:02 am

Not too bad, Shira, not too bad. :P
Borealis

Postby Borealis » May 25th, 2013, 9:34 am

ShiraKiryuu wrote:Still can't wait for the confrontation of Future Rogue and Present Rogue if it ever happens.

Personally, I am waiting for this: http://roguecheneyfc.deviantart.com/art/Sting-368863983

Am I the only one who thinks that Mashima writes more interresting plots when he is not writing with Lucy or Natsu?
btw, if he doesn't show what Gajeel is doing AGAIN he better have a good reason to or I'm going to fly to japan an beat him to a pulp. Well, at least he got a nice fight with Rogue.
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O