I'm Currently Watching...

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
Swagnarok

Re: I'm Currently Watching...

Post by Swagnarok »

Anybody else here decided to give GGO Alternative a try?
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Swagnarok wrote:Anybody else here decided to give GGO Alternative a try?
I'm interested considering even non-SAO fans seem to like it, but I'm waiting to see if it will air on Toonami or not (since the 2 main seasons did).
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

Swagnarok wrote:Anybody else here decided to give GGO Alternative a try?
If I will find some spare time.. Personally I'm waiting for Alicization Arc, though.

And as of now I'm watching Major 2nd.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

So I haven't really watched any anime during the latter part of last year except for BnHA so decided to catch up. So far I've finished:

Made in Abyss - <3 I mean it's already been praised enough. OST is awesome.
Children of the Whales - So nice to look at. Less than stellar plots and characters, but I'm a sucker for shows that put some effort in its worldbuilding.
After the Rain - I really liked this one! Partly for personal reasons!
Overlord (season 1) - It was meh. Well. I could see the appeal. But it was just so boring to me. I only watched this because my friends liked season 2, but I don't think I'm going to check that out.

I'm currently watching:
Showa Rakugo Shinjuu - Seems interesting enough.
Kekkai Sensen - I might drop this soon... I seem to have no stamina for action anime lately.
Kino's Journey - The old one. Rewatching for old time's sake.

I plan to watch:
FATE/STAY NIGHT HEAVEN'S FEEL
STEINS;GATE 0

*so excited*
Last edited by bluekaitou1412 on May 31st, 2018, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Finished Kubikiri Cycle. Can't say I enjoyed it at all but it was one of those series I somehow just had to spend time to analyze since ep 1, probably due to its genre. Atleast I managed to write a long blog post because of it if anything.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Aggretsuko is the cool new series to hype up (probably because most of the others are sequels or the like :V), and yeah, it's pretty great.

4 episodes in, I'm not sure it's my favorite thing ever or anything like that, but it certainly seems to be filling in a gap in anime. 2nd comedy anime in 2 seasons where it's not like any anime I've seen before.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Violet Evergarden. Not sure how much hype there is about it, but if there is then I can definitely see why, three episodes in. One of the best anime protagonists ever.

(Edit: I'd just like to add that that jump across the lake in Episode 7 felt a tad improbable.)
Last edited by Swagnarok on June 1st, 2018, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamma

Post by Gamma »

Swagnarok wrote:Violet Evergarden. Not sure how much hype there is about it, but if there is then I can definitely see why, three episodes in. One of the best anime protagonists ever.
I watched it back when it was airing and I remember finding the first few episodes a bit boring, but the last ones were very amazing and they're what made me love the show
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Gun Gale Online spoilers below.
Spoiler:
I can't be the only one who was left a wee bit disappointed by that last episode of SAO Alternative: GGO. It was a great final battle, of course. But I mean the stuff afterwards.
As usual, I checked out spoilers ahead of time, since in my case that tends to make for better viewing. I knew from the onset that Pitohui was the pop singer Elsa Kanzaki. What I did not expect was for her to have such an incredibly generic appearance, like she could've been one of those rhythmic gymnastic girls. She clearly looked younger than Karen (ignoring the height difference), which is inconsistent with her long backstory with M (unless he were a pedophile) and her having played GGO from the game's beginning.
In any case, it was still amusing to see who would've been the most glorious troll in the history of the internet behaving like a goody-goody two shoes teen idol irl. She must've hated every second of her offline existence, lol. Also, that M stood for "Masochist" is just about the dumbest plot reveal of all time.

The 3rd season of SAO proper is set to air sometime around October of this year, for whoever's interested.
Ran-neechan16
It's been four years since I last logged on here.
...I'm back?

Post by Ran-neechan16 »

I started The Irresponsible Captain Tylor a few days ago.
I'm surprised by how good it is, animation wise.
Also, for a 'spoof' show, it's got some good serious moments.
(๑ↀᆺↀ๑)✧ shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu!
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Haven't actually seen it yet, but just as a public notice SAO III ep. 1 came out today, bringing an end to the show's four-year hiatus (not counting the recent spinoff).
myanime002

Post by myanime002 »

I am currently watching brawling go manga.
I have read manga free here at mangazuki.me. This is the best place of reading manga.
Thunderbolt_47

Post by Thunderbolt_47 »

Currently watching Yagate Kimi ni Naru. Yuri is where I found inner peace after combining work and research.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Watched Dragon Ball Super: Broly movie. Action was pretty good, the first 30 minutes of the film were interesting how they did the original flashback to what went down around the time when Frieza destroyed planet Vegeta. :-X
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

Just finished OtoBoku. Disappointingly short.
Spoiler:
Usually I give my thoughts on whatever I've watched, regardless of whether such is warranted or not, so here's to that:
From what I've heard, the visual novel from which this was derived is extremely graphic. Compared to that, this anime was quite tame. There were a good number of fan service scenes, often enough to make me feel uncomfortable (though it should be noted that I get easily uncomfortable with that kind of stuff), but the overall work was relatively mild. The main character of the original work (not counting the sequel), rather than trying to find a way to exploit the titular situation that he's in as a teenage boy, chooses to wholly embrace the identity assigned to him by circumstance and so becomes an entirely different person, subverting the title and making this into more of a rather unconventional shoujo work than anything else. From what I heard this anime was near-universally panned by critics, and probably for good reason, but I liked it. It is to me what is called a "guilty pleasure" anime. Kind of a bubbly, feel-good thingamajig, among other things.
It's from 2006/2012 and 12+1+3 episodes long. The animation is alright, and it has a pretty decent OP/ED.