I'm Currently Watching...

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
MrDetective

Irregular Scans staff

Re: I'm Currently Watching...

Postby MrDetective » January 7th, 2016, 4:54 am

haruchika
k11chi

Postby k11chi » January 8th, 2016, 12:52 am

That ending twist didn't make much sense considering how much it took for the boy to figure it out in Haruchika.

Boku dake ga inai Machi is out now.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Postby kkslider5552000 » February 2nd, 2016, 3:25 am

Boku dake ga inai Machi

Once in a while, it's nice to jump on a bandwagon early.
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
mangaluva

Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Postby mangaluva » February 8th, 2016, 10:26 am

Checking out Boku dake ga inai machi myself and really enjoying it. It's a little like DC (child who's secretly much older trying to solve a crime) and a lot Ghost Trick (rewinding time a little to undo death, jumping back MUCH further than expected to prevent a crime that's bigger than anticipated)
Jecka

Hey there *dying inside*

Postby Jecka » February 8th, 2016, 1:46 pm

mangaluva wrote:Checking out Boku dake ga inai machi myself and really enjoying it. It's a little like DC (child who's secretly much older trying to solve a crime)...

Nini said that too :V
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

k11chi

Postby k11chi » February 17th, 2016, 10:05 am

I finished watching Stardust Crusaders yesterday, and the final fight was so damn great in comparison to the rest of the series. The ZA WARUDO edit in the opening was genius. When you go back to the normal opening you can see that he was there since the beginning, damn... Genius. Fantastic... I can't remember last time I was so impressed by an animation studio before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sxqTGd3S1A
Uchiha Shadow

Postby Uchiha Shadow » February 22nd, 2016, 1:25 pm

k11chi wrote:I finished watching Stardust Crusaders yesterday, and the final fight was so damn great in comparison to the rest of the series. The ZA WARUDO edit in the opening was genius. When you go back to the normal opening you can see that he was there since the beginning, damn... Genius. Fantastic... I can't remember last time I was so impressed by an animation studio before.

JoJo's amazing adventures!I finished part 5 recently and started part 6, but I haven't been in the mood so I'm going to come back to it later.
k11chi

Postby k11chi » February 22nd, 2016, 8:46 pm

Uchiha Shadow wrote:
k11chi wrote:I finished watching Stardust Crusaders yesterday, and the final fight was so damn great in comparison to the rest of the series. The ZA WARUDO edit in the opening was genius. When you go back to the normal opening you can see that he was there since the beginning, damn... Genius. Fantastic... I can't remember last time I was so impressed by an animation studio before.

JoJo's amazing adventures!I finished part 5 recently and started part 6, but I haven't been in the mood so I'm going to come back to it later.

I'm not even going to bother with the manga. It's a villain of the week type of series, there's no way I could enjoy these without the anime. It's about going against ridicilous odds and surpassing them and part 2 was the best at showing that when the pillar men awoke.
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » February 25th, 2016, 7:41 am

Like everybody else - Boku dake ga inai Machi. Our seasonal SAO clone - Hai to Gensou no Grimgar. And also Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!.... though I have no idea why exactly I am watching it...
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
k11chi

Postby k11chi » March 5th, 2016, 2:32 pm

Ace Attorney trailer is finally out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqNQJk9Cpm0
Looks ok.
k11chi

Postby k11chi » March 12th, 2016, 4:11 pm

So Boku Dake ga Inai Machi ep10 had the culprit reveal. It was honestly kind of lackluster but that might be because I'm still in awe from DC ep 812. Still after thinking about it the culprit and the mother just are evil for the sake of being evil and the whole thing felt like a Scooby Doo type of thing. Still not bad I guess.
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » March 13th, 2016, 6:58 am

In the manga it was revealed why the killer is evil. The mother, though, is evil for the sake of being evil. But I must admit, that while the beginning of the anime was pretty nice, the more the episodes, the more screenwriters had to cut from the manga. To the point that anime became ridiculous. Two more episodes until its end and the anime is just at the beginning of Satoru returing to the old world...
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
k11chi

Postby k11chi » March 14th, 2016, 1:40 pm

char13happy

Postby char13happy » May 8th, 2016, 11:50 pm

Watching this season:
1) Koutetsujou no Kabaneri (a.k.a. The Mysterious SnK)
2) Re:Zero (Well, it's gotta by hyped for something)
3) Sakamoto desu ga (Ep 1 is just gold, can't wait for the rest)
4) Ace Attorney (duh)
5) Kiznaiver (Bec trigger)

I'm still skeptical in watching Mayoiga.

And, I'm going to catch up on Dagashi Kashi and Musaigen no Phantom World from last season because I need a good laugh.
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar

BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Postby Chekhov MacGuffin » May 10th, 2016, 4:22 pm

I would like a manga recommendation. I am looking for a series which primarily involves a commoner who has to keep on his/her toes while dealing with annoying snobby aristocrats. Fantasy or historical is fine, old or new series is fine too. No adult series please.
I'll also take western novel recommendations too if you have any.