Purchasing the English Manga - Full Set

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
sanchai95

Purchasing the English Manga - Full Set

Post by sanchai95 »

Hi everyone,

I live in Perth, Western Australia and it doesn't seem like the manga is available here in English much less in Japanese. I'm looking to purchase the full set in English. Has anyone found the best way to go about it? I know that now Gosho is a bit slow with the releases but I used to read it in my home country but my mum pawned all of my books :'(
Was wondering if anyone knows an international supplier or just if anyone has the books for sale.

Or is this only available in Japanese?

PS - am a new member even though I've been lurking the past few months reading up all your theories. This forum is the best!
I started reading Detective Conan as a kid, I loved every part of it even when I didn't understand the science or logic behind a case. Now as an adult, it's bitter sweet knowing the series has lasted this long, because I am still surprised at what Gosho has to offer but sad knowing soon a big part of my life will come to an end. I'm glad to know there are people out there who love this series as much as I do and is willing to lose sleep just to discuss the intricate plot.
chongjasmine

Re: Purchasing the English Manga - Full Set

Post by chongjasmine »

Maybe you can try purchasing it online. The name for the english version of the series is case closed. You can purchase it in amazon.com.
sanchai95

Post by sanchai95 »

chongjasmine wrote:Maybe you can try purchasing it online. The name for the english version of the series is case closed. You can purchase it in amazon.com.
Its not on Amazon here ??? I know some of the members here have the Japanese manga but I'm not even sure where to get those!

Well hopefully when I go to Tottori I can visit the museum and find a full set. Has anyone been to the Gosho Museum?
I started reading Detective Conan as a kid, I loved every part of it even when I didn't understand the science or logic behind a case. Now as an adult, it's bitter sweet knowing the series has lasted this long, because I am still surprised at what Gosho has to offer but sad knowing soon a big part of my life will come to an end. I'm glad to know there are people out there who love this series as much as I do and is willing to lose sleep just to discuss the intricate plot.
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

On Amazon you have to go the right store, there isn't just one Amazon. I just went to amazon.com.au and I couldn't find much either, but if you go to amazon.com or amazon.co.uk, you should be able to find what you are looking for. Thing is, it'll be shipped from the US or the UK which will be more expensive and take longer compared to ordering from a company in WA.

If you understand Japanese, though, you should go to amazon.co.jp or another Japanese manga store online, and order the volumes directly from Japan in their original language. Since it'll be shipped to Australia, it should be less expensive from Japan than from Europe or America.
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
LadyCider

Post by LadyCider »

sanchai95 wrote:
chongjasmine wrote:Maybe you can try purchasing it online. The name for the english version of the series is case closed. You can purchase it in amazon.com.
Its not on Amazon here ??? I know some of the members here have the Japanese manga but I'm not even sure where to get those!

Well hopefully when I go to Tottori I can visit the museum and find a full set. Has anyone been to the Gosho Museum?
Here you go: https://australia.kinokuniya.com/produc ... ho&taxon=2

Kinokuniya has the Viz version, Japanese version, and French too I think
Wow.
Yardbird
What If I Say Yes?

Post by Yardbird »

Well, i'm from Brazil and all my case closed manga i bought on ebay from the US. It's a bit expensive though.
Nobody got no bizness like we do!

My Aerosmith Website: http://www.aerosmithbrasil.com :)