Does anyone knows the anime 'Master Keaton' ?

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
sulee154151

Does anyone knows the anime 'Master Keaton' ?

Post by sulee154151 »

I'vee heard about it, and I would like to know if it is a mystery show with awsome cases and a super smart detective, like in DC

Thank you :D
k11chi

Re: Does anyone knows the anime 'Master Keaton' ?

Post by k11chi »

It's Naoki Urasawa's work, he's really good at building a great story that goes places, usually mysteries, but they're not the type of detective fiction like in Conan. Monster (I'm in ep50 atm) is like a perfected version of Master Keaton, so check that out, Inspector Lunge is a pretty good detective and there are couple other ones that leave a lasting impact once their story ends. Keaton is episodic while Monster has a storyline (they're after a guy until the very end but it's entertaining nevertheless by how the world is built around them) and then delves onto episodic things that connect to the story and are written alot better with better production values too.

Death Note is similar to Monster but more colorful I guess since it's shounen.
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

Read the manga version, it's a really great manga, one of my favorites

Keaton is what you get if you mix Sherlock Holmes, Indiana Jones, Bruce Lee and McGyver

but he's really kind and laidback, he has a passion for archeology and dreams to one day discover the origins of European civilization. He works as an insurrance investigator but almost always end up in dangerous situations and solving mysteries.

He actually acts a lot like Columbo. Though he is genuinely friendly, people tend to underestimate him. But he is actually extremely smart and is a former SAS soldier, so one would be wise not having him as an ennemy

you learn lots of things on history and science while reading it
Lighthouse01

Post by Lighthouse01 »

Wow, what you offer, then it's great.
holiday palace