Anime/Manga that exceeded your expectations

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
Uchiha Shadow

Re: Anime/Manga that exceeded your expectations

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

k11chi wrote:
Uchiha Shadow wrote:At this point it has to be Gintama, I never thought I'd like it, let alone for it to become my favorite.
How do you think the series will end since it's probably only couple dozen chapters away from the finale...
I think the last chapter of Gintama should be Madao finally succeeding and getting back with his wife, when that happens it will really feel like Gintama is over.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Uchiha Shadow wrote:
k11chi wrote:
Uchiha Shadow wrote:At this point it has to be Gintama, I never thought I'd like it, let alone for it to become my favorite.
How do you think the series will end since it's probably only couple dozen chapters away from the finale...
I think the last chapter of Gintama should be Madao finally succeeding and getting back with his wife, when that happens it will really feel like Gintama is over.
I have a feeling it will be Shinpachi centric because the author likes to do those present-and-past moments all the time, the first chapter started with Gin and Shinpachi so I would expect it to end that way.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Hunter X Hunter!
Best Shonen Battle Manga Ever!(Alongside with Naruto IMO)
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

MeiTanteixX wrote:Hunter X Hunter!
Best Shonen Battle Manga Ever!(Alongside with Naruto IMO)
HxH is unrivaled when it comes to action adventure shounen series honestly. Naruto isn't even that great from writing standpoint while HxH is intentionally written to be hard to read. Magi used to be up there comparable to HxH but it fell and hard while HxH stays consistent or gets better...
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Monster.
I already had high expectations watching it, but it completely surpassed them, if you're a fan of thrillers and mystery then Monster is definitely one of the best out there.
Vinnie

Post by Vinnie »

Anime:

Akatsuki No Yona: When it aired I didn't want to watch it because Studio Pierrot likes to ruin everything, then I saw many gifs of it on tumblr and finally decided to watch it. The story, the character desgins, the seyuus... Everything was done perfectly, wish I could get up to date with the manga.

Beelzebub: Decided to watch it for comedy, got pretty attached to the characters and its story. Wish they could make a 2nd season following the amazing manga it was.

Death Parade: When it aired everyone was pretty excited and I couldn't see why. "Oh its another famous one", I thought. Finally got to watch it not long ago and it really amazed me. Such a good anime original. The end got me ??? though.

Gintama: In Portugal almost no one gives a damn about Gintama, so I decided to watch it anyways because I was up to date with Naruto, I believe it was in 2008 LOL. Now its one of my faves. Never thought it could amaze me so much!

Haikyuu!!: I refused to see sports anime since KNB had ended, because I got so attached to it LOL. Then I grabbed onto this and couldn't let go because of the amazing characters it has. The animation was also pretty good. Cannot wait for fall, we are getting Haikyuu!! again.

Manga:

Tokyo Ghoul: People went insane when it was first animated and I decided to read the manga first. Never thought I could like a manga with this kind of genre, but guess what, its my favorite manga right now. There's something in it... I don't know if its the story, the way everything's drawn, the personality of each character, the foreshadowings, the various messages in this manga... I'm just really attached even though I suffer every week lol.
Uchiha Shadow wrote:Monster.
I already had high expectations watching it, but it completely surpassed them, if you're a fan of thrillers and mystery then Monster is definitely one of the best out there.

MONSTER is an amazing anime and manga. When I saw the very first episode, I said "this is gonna be lit"
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Vinnie wrote:
Anime:

Gintama: In Portugal almost no one gives a damn about Gintama, so I decided to watch it anyways because I was up to date with Naruto, I believe it was in 2008 LOL. Now its one of my faves. Never thought it could amaze me so much!

Manga:

Tokyo Ghoul: People went insane when it was first animated and I decided to read the manga first. Never thought I could like a manga with this kind of genre, but guess what, its my favorite manga right now. There's something in it... I don't know if its the story, the way everything's drawn, the personality of each character, the foreshadowings, the various messages in this manga... I'm just really attached even though I suffer every week lol.
Gintama completely went beyond anything I had imagined, I can't believe that I thought "I'll probably not like it" before watching it.

As for Tokyo Ghoul, I didn't really understand the hype at first, but once I hit the Aogiri Tree arc, it became one of my favorites.
xLostChains
Just your average girl who loves to draw random stuff

Post by xLostChains »

Manga: Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya

at first it's just a magical girl parody slice-of-life...then it slowly went full pledge Type-Moon story (starting from 2wei). The 3rd Season: Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 3rei just completely blew everything out of the water (it was complete badassery, I mean GAR) I enjoyed it better than Fate/Stay Night tbh XD
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

The Promised Neverland is way more enjoyable than I thought it would be, it kind of reminds me of Death Note in a way.