Digimon Adventure Tri.

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
Jecka
User avatar

Is it April yet?

Posts: 3308

Contact:

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Jecka » December 16th, 2014, 8:47 am

k11chi wrote:
Jecka wrote:The animation reminds me of the movies :V

Actually, it reminds me of something else too I can't remember what :x


Persona 3...

Nope it was tsuritama. Never saw/played anything Persona related
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Image

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Image
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1002

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Nemomon » December 16th, 2014, 12:02 pm

As far as I know P3 isn't even released yet. And that used to pain me a wee bit too. Considering that the director directed the P3, he would retain his dark theme, and direct the Digimon Tri. with a dark theme too. But there's no way to direct a dark story with such a characters design...
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Zenthisoror
User avatar
Posts: 25

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Zenthisoror » December 16th, 2014, 12:21 pm

That's interesting, because my impression from the character designs was that we were in for a less fantasy and more reality-based story, and maybe a little darker. I think it was because the character designs reminded me a little of Durarara.

...I'm slightly worried about what the monsters are going to look like under the new art direction.
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1002

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Nemomon » December 16th, 2014, 12:43 pm

Zenthisoror wrote:That's interesting, because my impression from the character designs was that we were in for a less fantasy and more reality-based story, and maybe a little darker. I think it was because the character designs reminded me a little of Durarara.

...I'm slightly worried about what the monsters are going to look like under the new art direction.


Maybe the problem is with me, and Tsuritama. I watched that series, and I can't think of anything else than the fact that such an art can only be used to a family anime or comedy anime.

But the problem is als with what You said earlier - we already habited to a certain characters design (pretty much only the Savers were much different), and now we get yet again something different that also carries memories of different series.

I must say that while at the beginning I really wanted to see both Wallace and Ryou (that one from WSC games, not the one from the Tamers) animated, now I don't want. I don't want to see how they have changed...
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Puto
User avatar
Posts: 801

Contact:

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Puto » December 16th, 2014, 6:36 pm

Nemomon wrote:
Zenthisoror wrote:That's interesting, because my impression from the character designs was that we were in for a less fantasy and more reality-based story, and maybe a little darker. I think it was because the character designs reminded me a little of Durarara.

...I'm slightly worried about what the monsters are going to look like under the new art direction.


Maybe the problem is with me, and Tsuritama. I watched that series, and I can't think of anything else than the fact that such an art can only be used to a family anime or comedy anime.

But the problem is als with what You said earlier - we already habited to a certain characters design (pretty much only the Savers were much different), and now we get yet again something different that also carries memories of different series.

I must say that while at the beginning I really wanted to see both Wallace and Ryou (that one from WSC games, not the one from the Tamers) animated, now I don't want. I don't want to see how they have changed...

WSC Ryo and Tamers Ryo are the same guy. He can travel between dimensions.
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1002

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Nemomon » December 16th, 2014, 7:11 pm

Puto wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Zenthisoror wrote:That's interesting, because my impression from the character designs was that we were in for a less fantasy and more reality-based story, and maybe a little darker. I think it was because the character designs reminded me a little of Durarara.

...I'm slightly worried about what the monsters are going to look like under the new art direction.


Maybe the problem is with me, and Tsuritama. I watched that series, and I can't think of anything else than the fact that such an art can only be used to a family anime or comedy anime.

But the problem is als with what You said earlier - we already habited to a certain characters design (pretty much only the Savers were much different), and now we get yet again something different that also carries memories of different series.

I must say that while at the beginning I really wanted to see both Wallace and Ryou (that one from WSC games, not the one from the Tamers) animated, now I don't want. I don't want to see how they have changed...

WSC Ryo and Tamers Ryo are the same guy. He can travel between dimensions.


Yeah, I know. But the WSC Ryou is kind of different than the Tamers Ryou, for example the difference is in their appearance (and the Tamers one was a jerk). The WSC Ryou also has "more" (in quotes because this is one and the same person) connection to the Digimon Adventure, than the Tamers Ryou.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Jecka
User avatar

Is it April yet?

Posts: 3308

Contact:

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Jecka » November 19th, 2015, 11:55 pm

Reviving this because CrunchyRoll is going to start streaming Tri tomorrow (Friday 20th) at 7am PST
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ing-lineup
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Image

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Image
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1002

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Nemomon » November 20th, 2015, 9:24 am

Jecka wrote:Reviving this because CrunchyRoll is going to start streaming Tri tomorrow (Friday 20th) at 7am PST
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ing-lineup


Me is super sad that I have to go to work tomorrow and tomorrow-tomorrow :(. Especially tomorrow since one guy from our team had to get some free days, and I'm covering for him.

Anyway, Takeru again changed his hat... and Joe's seiyuu is the youngest one in the team despite that Joe himself is the oldest Digi Destinied...
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1002

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Nemomon » November 24th, 2015, 1:44 pm

So I watched it. It was pretty interesting I think. Sure, it has some flaws, but almost every anime has.

I like what they did to Takeru and Mimi. Especially Takeru who turned to be a troll whi trolls others (especially Jou and Yamato). He is really a comedic character. And Mimi stopped being a stupid bitch, but now is a normal girl. Other characters are interesting too, maybe except Sora. Taichi changed a really lot, but unlike many people I think he changed in a good way. From the other hand Yamato didn't changed at all. Not even a little. And we got confirmation that Koushirou is not gay. Definitely it was worth watching it.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1305

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby k11chi » November 24th, 2015, 1:47 pm

It was pretty entertaining but alot of Slice of Life type of things going on. Maybe it'll go more into the digiworld aspects in the later movies.
Image
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1002

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Nemomon » November 24th, 2015, 1:57 pm

I think that it was also a good thing. In the series, both Adventure and Zero Two we didn't really were able to see their everyday life or problems. We didn't get to see who likes who. I dare to say that in the seasons the characters were pretty strangers to themselves. Now we can learn more about them and what they feel. Once in a while that's a good thing.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
ButterscotchBunny
User avatar
Posts: 78

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby ButterscotchBunny » November 30th, 2015, 12:16 pm

I'm looking forward to it but don't want to get my hopes up. ^^
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1002

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Nemomon » November 30th, 2015, 2:21 pm

ButterscotchBunny wrote:I'm looking forward to it but don't want to get my hopes up. ^^


There are already four episodes, so You can see them and decide whether You want to get Your hopes up, or not ;).
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Dassise76
Posts: 1

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby Dassise76 » February 3rd, 2016, 8:48 am

Nemomon wrote:
Jecka wrote:Reviving this because CrunchyRoll is going to start streaming Tri tomorrow (Friday 20th) at 7am PST
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ing-lineupcdg paris transfer


Me is super sad that I have to go to work tomorrow and tomorrow-tomorrow :(. Especially tomorrow since one guy from our team had to get some free days, and I'm covering for him.

Anyway, Takeru again changed his hat... and Joe's seiyuu is the youngest one in the team despite that Joe himself is the oldest Digi Destinied...

it's normal that he is sad!
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1305

Re: Digimon Adventure Tri.

Postby k11chi » February 4th, 2016, 11:00 am

There`s a new game out by Cybersleuth you guys might be interested to check out.
Spoiler:
Image

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJZx96i1dNw
Image

Return to “Anime & Manga”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests