Arrow/The Flash (The CW Series)

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member

Re: Arrow/The Flash (The CW Series)

Postby Fujiwara » December 11th, 2014, 3:30 am

[spoiler=Arrow 3x09]That- That did not just happen. I mean what?!
And what's more - that's the cliffhanger I've got to live with for 6 weeks?
I don't think I can survive that D:[/spoiler]
Hime-Chan

Postby Hime-Chan » December 11th, 2014, 12:23 pm

Fujiwara wrote:[spoiler=Arrow 3x09]That- That did not just happen. I mean what?!
And what's more - that's the cliffhanger I've got to live with for 6 weeks?
I don't think I can survive that D:[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Oliver's definitely not dead! He's just gonna need time to get over that wound, oh man...
Felicity "why does this always happen to me?" was gold. That's probably what everyone was thinking.
I kinda hope that Ray's suit is going to make an appearance before Oliver's comeback![/spoiler]
Last edited by Hime-Chan on December 11th, 2014, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Self-proclaimed Cat-chef and Catetician on DCTP family
ProfParanoia

Postby ProfParanoia » December 11th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Hime-Chan wrote:[soiler]

Soiled.
Hime-Chan

Postby Hime-Chan » December 11th, 2014, 1:34 pm

ProfParanoia wrote:
Hime-Chan wrote:[soiler]

Soiled.

Cr, my comer decided o no work becse i's n sshole. I lredy edied once. I's driving me crzy s well.

Oops, I'm sorry, I've wanted to kick my laptop for 3 months...
Puto

Postby Puto » December 11th, 2014, 3:57 pm

[spoiler]I think Oliver is dead, but he'll come back to life through a Lazarus Pit.[/spoiler]
Puto

Postby Puto » December 12th, 2014, 9:04 am

Double-posting, but whatever. Let's talk about the Reverse Flash. Clearly they filtered his voice to avoid letting viewers be able to identify who he is via the voice. So let's try to undo some of that filtering and see if the voice is recognisable:

Pitched it up by 5.5 semitones (slightly less than half an octave), and...

It is your destiny to lose to me, Flash. Just as it was your mother's destiny to die that night.

[spoiler]Yeah, it's definitely Wells.[/spoiler]
Hime-Chan

Postby Hime-Chan » December 12th, 2014, 10:59 am

Puto wrote:Double-posting, but whatever. Let's talk about the Reverse Flash. Clearly they filtered his voice to avoid letting viewers be able to identify who he is via the voice. So let's try to undo some of that filtering and see if the voice is recognisable:

Pitched it up by 5.5 semitones (slightly less than half an octave), and...

It is your destiny to lose to me, Flash. Just as it was your mother's destiny to die that night.

[spoiler]Yeah, it's definitely Wells.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]So if there are 2, who would be the second one? Why does Wells keep Barry alive? Surely, the timeline has already been altered!
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just a bit confused ^^[/spoiler]
Puto

Postby Puto » December 12th, 2014, 8:42 pm

[spoiler]We already know Wells is a time traveller. It's not that hard for him to go back in time and play the second 'him'.[/spoiler]
ProfParanoia

Postby ProfParanoia » December 12th, 2014, 10:54 pm

Hime-Chan wrote:
[spoiler]So if there are 2, who would be the second one? Why does Wells keep Barry alive? Surely, the timeline has already been altered!
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just a bit confused ^^[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Eddie's last name was Thawne right? Thawne, younger Thawne (Intertia), and Clariss are the other Rivals.[/spoiler]

Unreleated note, do you think this show should try to dip into the Green Lantern villains? Since even if GL got a show he probably wouldn't use his Earth-bound villains. They're currently using Firestorm ones like Multiplex. So even though GL isn't in this using people like Polaris, Sportsmaster, Solomon Grundy (though he's probably no longer in the GL package), or Tattooed Man should fit.
Puto

Postby Puto » December 17th, 2014, 8:30 am

Hime-Chan wrote:[spoiler]Why does Wells keep Barry alive?[/spoiler]

I may be talking out of my ass a bit, but I seem to recall reading that one version of the Reverse Flash was a dangerously-obsessed fanboy of Barry, who became a villain to 'help him improve' and got too carried away with that.
ProfParanoia

Postby ProfParanoia » December 17th, 2014, 1:52 pm

Puto wrote:
Hime-Chan wrote:[spoiler]Why does Wells keep Barry alive?[/spoiler]

I may be talking out of my ass a bit, but I seem to recall reading that one version of the Reverse Flash was a dangerously-obsessed fanboy of Barry, who became a villain to 'help him improve' and got too carried away with that.

[spoiler]This, both Thawne and Zolomon had obsessive relationships with Flash. Zolomon is the one you're thinking of, and he shares Wells's narrative of getting powers from something high tech exploding in his face and putting him in a chair.[/spoiler]
Puto

Postby Puto » December 17th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Do we really still need spoiler tags by this point? Somebody who isn't up to date by this point isn't going to visit this thread to begin with.

Personally, I think that the Reverse Flash/Wells in this series is an amalgam of Thawne and Zolomon from the comics—Zolomon's obsession with 'improving' Flash and being in a wheelchair, and Thawne's 25th century origin, identity, and being the one who killed Flash's mother. And of course, Eddie would be his ancestor, which is why he spared him alone during that confrontation.
ProfParanoia

Postby ProfParanoia » December 17th, 2014, 8:07 pm

Puto wrote:Do we really still need spoiler tags by this point? Somebody who isn't up to date by this point isn't going to visit this thread to begin with.

Personally, I think that the Reverse Flash/Wells in this series is an amalgam of Thawne and Zolomon from the comics—Zolomon's obsession with 'improving' Flash and being in a wheelchair, and Thawne's 25th century origin, identity, and being the one who killed Flash's mother. And of course, Eddie would be his ancestor, which is why he spared him alone during that confrontation.

Or, it's a double fake and Wells is Abra Kadabra, another future based Flash villain. And all the talk of the future is his plan for fighting the Flash (meeting Flash on dates where headlines suggest he dies is a common trick of Kadabra's).
ProfParanoia

Postby ProfParanoia » January 11th, 2015, 5:57 pm

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/11/ ... rrowverse/

Wasn't expecting this.

EDIT: Anyway, according to this (I'm not positive on Bleeding Cool's reputation), the next JLA member to get a series will be Vixen on CW's Seed Service.