Nintendo Wii U

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Re: Nintendo Wii U

Postby kkslider5552000 » June 4th, 2013, 3:58 pm

Monolith Soft and Retro Studio's new games are all that matter. Truth.

ideally Beyond Good and Evil 2 will also be announced...again and Nintendo will actually have a new IP that isn't an eShop only game, but there's a better chance I'll win the lottery.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Kamite

Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.

Postby Kamite » October 8th, 2013, 6:46 pm

So I finally have own a Wii U \o/. Woot Bayonetta, Smash and Mario Kart here I come. :D

Nintendo ID: Kamite
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » October 8th, 2013, 6:52 pm

Kamite wrote:So I finally have own a Wii U \o/. Woot Bayonetta, Smash and Mario Kart here I come. :D

Nintendo ID: Kamite

I'll add you, that way you can see me occasionally comment on Miiverse! :o

(joking aside, I should probably use Miiverse more)

Kamite

Postby Kamite » October 8th, 2013, 6:59 pm

I will add you back...currently I am updating :<
MASTER260

Postby MASTER260 » October 8th, 2013, 7:46 pm

My NNID is the same as my username here.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » October 11th, 2013, 2:25 pm

Kamite wrote:I will add you back

i forgot about this D:

sorry

Vylash

Postby Vylash » October 11th, 2013, 3:44 pm

kkslider5552000 wrote:Monolith Soft and Retro Studio's new games are all that matter. Truth.

ideally Beyond Good and Evil 2 will also be announced...again and Nintendo will actually have a new IP that isn't an eShop only game, but there's a better chance I'll win the lottery.

>months later

i believe it's been confirmed that nintendo's got a new IP in the works so...
Cider
Community Evil Overlord

Postby Cider » October 11th, 2013, 5:32 pm

I'm gonna have Knightus help me sell my Wii U on ebay. I had a good run with it, but I haven't touched the thing in months.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » October 11th, 2013, 6:12 pm

Vylash wrote:
kkslider5552000 wrote:Monolith Soft and Retro Studio's new games are all that matter. Truth.

>months later

the new Donkey Kong is in a weird place where it will probably be one of the best games of the year...well next year now, but I feel that Retro's talent is being wasted. And yes, I can have both of those opinions simultaneously.

And yeah, Nintendo has thrown away any attempt at hiding that their holiday lineup exists for any reason other than to sell consoles. As one of the 5 people that will be buying games on the console except the first party Wii U games during that time, I'm pretty proud of myself. I'll mostly be supporting Ubisoft, whose Rayman mascot has been the true savior of the entire console as far as I'm concerned.

Vylash

Postby Vylash » October 13th, 2013, 2:52 am

kkslider5552000 wrote:
Vylash wrote:

>months later

the new Donkey Kong is in a weird place where it will probably be one of the best games of the year...well next year now, but I feel that Retro's talent is being wasted. And yes, I can have both of those opinions simultaneously.

And yeah, Nintendo has thrown away any attempt at hiding that their holiday lineup exists for any reason other than to sell consoles. As one of the 5 people that will be buying games on the console except the first party Wii U games during that time, I'm pretty proud of myself. I'll mostly be supporting Ubisoft, whose Rayman mascot has been the true savior of the entire console as far as I'm concerned.

yeah i'll probably be snagging watch dogs and assassin's creed black flag on the wii u myself
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » October 13th, 2013, 3:30 am

I hope the Nintendo fanboys actually support some stuff that isn't Mario. I really do. It's unexpected that all 3 of these Ubisoft titles I feel will be way better than the 360 version I could also potentially get (for different reasons), and I do hope they're rewarded for that (as even at worst, Ubisoft is the lesser of 3 evils).

Vylash

Postby Vylash » October 16th, 2013, 3:29 pm

well rayman legends did sell the most units on the wii u, but that's probably because it fits in with nintendo's demographic, things like watch dogs and black flag are certainly not going got do as well sadly
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Postby kkslider5552000 » October 16th, 2013, 5:57 pm

Watch Dogs I feel has a decent chance, for the same reason I'm ok with it being delayed, Spring season isn't filled with tons of competition, and I'd be amazed if Wii U was the console to go against that trend too much.

AC4's probably not gonna do that well though. It has a better chance than some games but...eh...unlikely...of the hardcore multi-console stuff, Batman's probably the one with the best chance to do decently. If a full HD title can do decently on Wii U at this time, that is.

One thing Nintendo should hope for is that Splinter Cell is an exact sign for upcoming multi-console stuff. Since while it sold horribly on Wii U, it did pretty ok considering the ratio of people who own the console vs. people who bought the game overall. Doubt that will happen though.

Vylash

Postby Vylash » October 17th, 2013, 9:36 pm

Watch Dogs might do okay simply because Ubisoft is going around talking about how great it looks, seems like they're putting actual effort into it so that's good, the others are gonna be a tough sell, but wii u sales are up so that might help, they should be even higher once spring comes around
Kamite

Postby Kamite » May 31st, 2014, 4:07 am

Here I was looking forward for Watch Dogs...Now I have to wait till December. I'll wait for Bayonetta 2 instead.

Btw anyone wants to race? =D