The B'z Hype Topic! (New Single "Seimei/Still Alive" Out June 14!! www.offthelock.com has relaunched!)

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Deportation applications available.

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! (B'z New Song "Sekai wa Anata no Iro ni Naru" as Conan Movie 20 Theme!)

Postby Jd- » September 5th, 2016, 9:59 pm

Koshi's solo project should finish recording early next month, with an announcement by year's end, most likely (could be wrong as this has been a very strange year in many respects). It's very possible we'll see another digital single on September 21st or 28th of this month.

For those that haven't seen them yet, commercials for Tak's The Voyage home video due out on the 21st are running in Japan now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXRvTWykrDQ

On the B'z side of things: It's interesting that "Sekai" is still unreleased at this point given it was a tie-in to the number one movie in Japan for a period and similarly for a premier TV show. At some point in the next few months, it'll be replaced, so one would expect it to be released by then but it's hard to say for sure. There have been several times in the past that a tie-in ran for B'z without being "active" at the time of the eventual release, but it hasn't really happened for those tied up with Conan as of yet.
Bizzu

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! (B'z New Song "Sekai wa Anata no Iro ni Naru" as Conan Movie 20 Theme!)

Postby Bizzu » September 6th, 2016, 3:30 am

Jd- wrote:You can maybe, hopefully, sort of expect something hype for September 21st. We're gonna try to put it together in time as it's something we've worked on a little here and there over the years. No guarantees, but it'll be special should it be finished in time. Special, I tell you!

Awesome. Looking forward :)
Folka

Postby Folka » September 6th, 2016, 1:08 pm

I'm very interested in what they will release for the 30th anniversary, since most likely they'll release only 1 more album until then. So
1 CD and another collection? A double tour (LIVE-GYM and Pleasure?)
Seems a little bit poor. Let's wait! They're unpredictable!
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Postby Jd- » September 10th, 2016, 8:31 pm

Folka wrote:I'm very interested in what they will release for the 30th anniversary, since most likely they'll release only 1 more album until then. So

All good points! I have my doubts B'z will put out another actual collection this time around—it's certainly plausible and possible, but... I'd expect something more like Mixture II than Pleasure III.

We're either looking at a 2003/2013 situation with a year-long Pleasure tour, or a 2008 scenario with an album tour and then a brief run in the fall leading up to the big show.

(Of course, I think most of us want to see the 30th anniversary show take place at Nagisaen.)
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! (New Song "Fukiarenasai" as Shippuu Rondo Theme!)

Postby Jd- » September 12th, 2016, 4:40 pm

B’z Return with New Song 「Fukiarenasai」 in Shippuu Rondo Film
After several quiet months on the B'z front spent in and out of the studio, the first of their latest efforts has finally been unveiled in the form of a new song entitled 「Fukiarenasai」 (フキアレナサイ, Blow Violently). The decidedly hard-rock number will serve as the theme to the new action-comedy film Shippuu Rondo which is due for release nationwide in Japan beginning November 26th. The first sample of the song may be heard in the film's trailer embedded below.

The movie is based on the novel by famed Japanese mystery writer Keigo Higashino and stars acclaimed actor Hiroshi Abe. Production on the film began in February and ran through mid April of this year. Of the project and its tie-in theme, B'z shared the following message:

Having read the novel Shippuu Rondo, which this movie is based on, while it is an action movie that has its extravagant and sometimes funny moments, the thing that stood out the most is that every character believes in their own way. The resulting conflicts are portrayed in great detail. We have made 「Fukiarenasai」 as the product of this state of mind overlapped with the fiercely dancing snow. Please enjoy the story along with its intense visuals.

Fukiarenasai」 itself does not yet have a release date but could appear on the next B'z studio album alongside 「Sekai wa Anata no Iro ni Naru」.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-tCcY0B0jI

This is quite a tune! I didn't expect B'z to come back with something so thoroughly hard rock. Sounds great; can't wait to hear the rest!
Folka

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! (New Song "Fukiarenasai" as Shippuu Rondo Theme!)

Postby Folka » September 19th, 2016, 11:39 am

Really nice song! I hope the new album is as full of energy as this track!
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! ("B'z XX8" Special Release Available ONLY by Request, 11.01.16!)

Postby Jd- » September 22nd, 2016, 7:17 pm

B'z XX8. Available November 1, 2016 by request ONLY.

PLEASE NOTE: This will never be released publicly, at any point in the future, for any reason.

This is intended to be shared directly amongst fans; if you wish to receive it directly, send a PM at this link by October 31st, 2016. The package will be sent in reply on November 1st, 2016 at 6:00 PM Eastern time.

How to qualify:
— Any member here, new or old, is welcome to join the delivery list. However, B'z XX8 will not be available again after November 1st, 2016 at 6:00 PM Eastern time unless acquired from another fan. Naturally, we will try to ensure the regulars and contributors receive the package at the designated time, but a reminder certainly will not hurt!

If you are reading this topic with any interest in this band, you will NOT want to miss this.
Valentin

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! ("B'z XX8" Special Release Available ONLY by Request, 11.01.16!)

Postby Valentin » October 3rd, 2016, 12:06 pm

It may sound incredible, but … Sekai ha Anata no Iro ni Naru has actually been released! As a digital-exclusive single.

I guess that this should have been a teaser for those who would have bought the home video of The Darkest Nightmare tomorrow if it had not been postponed to October 26. That the song has been released nonetheless and twenty-two days before the movie seems rather weird, but perhaps it is a good sign that they would like to announce something else at the end of this month?
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Postby Jd- » October 3rd, 2016, 4:46 pm

It's indeed pretty incredible that it's finally available! I'm sure they intended it to coincide with the DVD release as Valentin said, but what I wonder is why they waited all this time? The song was clearly in a finished state dating back to at least February and it's been used in a #1 film and a TV series for months and months since then. Maybe this was the plan all along to keep things moving during the relative drought? Nonetheless, the outro here is really great and it's good to have it in full quality. (I'd prefer if the whole song opened with that outro!)

This has been one of the most unorthodox years in B'z history, no doubt about that. And now, with Koshi and Salas gearing up for whatever it is they have up their sleeves, that's not about to change anytime soon.
Folka

Postby Folka » October 5th, 2016, 1:02 pm

Finally heard the song in high quality. Liked the ending solo :)
Overall a nice track. Is this the first digital single from the band, not including the American release of Into Free?
CrimsonDragon

Postby CrimsonDragon » October 28th, 2016, 6:14 pm

Jd- wrote:
Folka wrote:I'm very interested in what they will release for the 30th anniversary, since most likely they'll release only 1 more album until then. So

All good points! I have my doubts B'z will put out another actual collection this time around—it's certainly plausible and possible, but... I'd expect something more like Mixture II than Pleasure III.

We're either looking at a 2003/2013 situation with a year-long Pleasure tour, or a 2008 scenario with an album tour and then a brief run in the fall leading up to the big show.

(Of course, I think most of us want to see the 30th anniversary show take place at Nagisaen.)

I am guessing there will be another album by the end of 2017 and an LIVE-GYM in the first half of 2018, followed by a brief Pleasure finale, similar to the 2008 situation.

There may not be another traditional Pleasure album compilation for the 30th anniversary, I think it's about time to release a set of B-side compilations (perhaps even including the English EP songs on CD for the first time), although a Mixture II would certainly be very interesting, I'd love to hear the modern rock-orientated LADY NAVIGATION and BE THERE in a studio recording and of course, the superior re-recorded Dangan from the rare 2007 iTunes EP.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Postby Jd- » October 29th, 2016, 5:30 pm

Folka wrote:Finally heard the song in high quality. Liked the ending solo :)
Overall a nice track. Is this the first digital single from the band, not including the American release of Into Free?

Yep, definitely is. We knew it wouldn't be a single-single, but a digital single this late is certainly a surprise (but a welcome one after all this time, at least!).

CrimsonDragon wrote:I am guessing there will be another album by the end of 2017 and an LIVE-GYM in the first half of 2018, followed by a brief Pleasure finale, similar to the 2008 situation.

There may not be another traditional Pleasure album compilation for the 30th anniversary, I think it's about time to release a set of B-side compilations (perhaps even including the English EP songs on CD for the first time), although a Mixture II would certainly be very interesting, I'd love to hear the modern rock-orientated LADY NAVIGATION and BE THERE in a studio recording and of course, the superior re-recorded Dangan from the rare 2007 iTunes EP.

I'm hoping that's what happens, too. They must have recorded a demo for the English "Brotherhood" back in 2011-2012 too, so maybe putting it as at least a bonus track is a way to get it out. The release of "Sekai~" as a digital single makes me wonder if B'z will venture into this territory more often now...

Also always glad to see someone else elevating the EP Dangan above the original; something about the original never quite grabbed me, but as soon as I heard the iTunes one, it clicked. Which other reversions would you lot put above the originals? "BAD COMMUNICATION -ULTRA Pleasure Style-" exemplifies the entire reason for reversions and is arguably the definitive version of that song by a long shot. "Dakara Sono Te wo Hanashite -Mixture style-" from The Mixture is a similarly worthy redux, and "EASY COME, EASY GO! -RISKY STYLE-" certainly has an interesting pedigree on its side.

And, as you guys must have heard:

Koshi and Tak Continue Solo – New Solo Tours Announced

Koshi Inaba has this week announced his plans for a 2017 tour with Stevie Salas dubbed 「INABA / SALAS “CHUBBY GROOVE TOUR 2017”」. The tour will include mostly small club venues, with a capacity of about 2000 people each, and will be in support of Koshi's and Stevie Salas' yet to be announced collaboration album. The album is scheduled for a December release, pending an official announcement in the coming weeks.

While we already knew Koshi was working with Stevie Salas on a new record, with a tour planned for early 2017, Tak's solo project was largely unknown. Tak will be touring with Hawaiian multi-instrumentalist Daniel Ho. Just like with Koshi's tour, the tour will include small club venues by the likes of the BLUE NOTE.

Given that both Tak and Koshi now embark on another solo project, we probably won't see any new B'z activities until at least March/April 2017. But most definitely in 2018 for their 30th anniversary Pleasure tour.

Here are the tour dates at a glance:

INABA / SALAS “CHUBBY GROOVE TOUR 2017”

January 25 - Zepp Nagoya (Aichi)
January 26 - Zepp Namba (Osaka)
January 27 - Zepp Namba (Osaka)
January 30 - Zepp Sapporo (Hokkaido)
February 3 - DRUM LOGOS (Fukuoka)
February 6 - Zepp Tokyo (Tokyo)
February 7 - Zepp Tokyo (Tokyo)
February 8 - Zepp Tokyo (Tokyo)

Tak Matsumoto & Daniel Ho Live! 2017 -Electric Island, Acoustic Sea-

February 25 - Blue Note Tokyo (Tokyo)
February 26 - Blue Note Tokyo (Tokyo)
February 28 - Nagoya Blue Note (Aichi)
March 1 - Nagoya Blue Note (Aichi)
March 2 - Nagoya Blue Note (Aichi)
March 4 - Billboard Live OSAKA (Osaka)
March 5 - Billboard Live OSAKA (Osaka)
March 6 - Billboard Live OSAKA (Osaka)
March 10 - Blue Note Tokyo (Tokyo)
March 11 - Blue Note Tokyo (Tokyo)
March 12 - Blue Note Tokyo (Tokyo)
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Postby Jd- » October 29th, 2016, 6:00 pm

B'z XX8 will be sent out in just a few days, on November 1st, 2016 at 6:00 PM Eastern time. This is intended to be shared directly amongst fans and will not be posted publicly here. If you wish to receive it at the aforementioned time, send a PM at this link by October 31st, 2016.

There is an element of "finality" to B'z XX8, but those that catch the end will find a teaser for a "new project directive". Feel free to try to puzzle out what it's about if you choose; this is indicative of the types of endeavors we'll aim for in the future, for a number of reasons. The unrevealed project—unlike XX8—is meant for public release and has actually already been completed! As for what it is and when it's to be released, that's revealed in B'z XX8—if you look hard enough.
shinichi'sapprentice

I NEED SLLEP

Postby shinichi'sapprentice » October 30th, 2016, 11:38 pm

I keep thinking it's already November tomorrow but alas, it is not. I also might not be around at the exact time of the release and I'm not sure when I'll be able to sit down and enjoy the whole thing xD

Oh, well! Looking forward to adding this in my B'z Hype folder... ;D
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Postby Jd- » November 1st, 2016, 5:14 pm

shinichi'sapprentice wrote:I keep thinking it's already November tomorrow but alas, it is not. I also might not be around at the exact time of the release and I'm not sure when I'll be able to sit down and enjoy the whole thing xD

Oh, well! Looking forward to adding this in my B'z Hype folder... ;D

At long last, November has arrived! Everyone should have B'z XX8 in 45 minutes. Enjoy, everyone—it be hype!

Return to “Media Discussion”