The B'z Hype Topic! ("B'z International Showcase" Now Open! Come Help Us Translate a Video to *YOUR* Language!)

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Deportation applications available.

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! ("B'z XX8" Now Available! Check Your Inboxes!)

Postby Jd- » November 1st, 2016, 6:01 pm

B'z XX8 is at last available Check your inboxes!

The B'z Hype Topic was created in June 2011, and in the intervening years since, we have celebrated and discussed every major release and happening relevant to this band and their accomplishments. We watched the 2011 and 2012 U.S. tour shows together in what turned out to be quite eventful nights in which a very eclectic group of people were brought together for internet concerts for the first times (some had never seen a concert at all before that!). We've subtitled hours and hours of otherwise unavailable material in English. Many have gone to B'z shows directly as a result of the community fostered here, and along the way creating memories not soon forgotten. The global community of people that have discovered what's so special about this band and its fanbase have proven themselves some of the best I have gotten to know in my lifetime, and I suspect the same is true for many others. Life is always going to change and new commitments will come along; people will come and go, including all of us; but in the end, the goal has always been to create memories for everyone to take along on those individual journeys. That's why B'z XX8 exists and I'm hopeful that it'll represent as much to all of you as well.

But, we're not done yet. We've all done a great deal so far, and many of you have contributed in various ways to get to this point. So long as B'z is still running, I'm certain there will always be some sort of hype to cultivate in the process. We'll be changing the frequency at which that hype is facilitated, but rest assured it will still make its way out there. In fact, one such project was already completed two months ago. This "new project directive" featured in teaser form in the final seconds of B'z XX8 is definitely not what you expect and it's definitely not ground we have touched on in the past. Details will be announced at a later date, though if someone manages to post after resolving the teaser down to exactly what the project is... we'll dump all the necessary details here earlier than intended.

As for what you can expect in B'z XX8...

XX8 Liner Notes
1. The only appropriate culmination of the opening segment.
2. Because of when this debuted, it was a first for many newcomers. Plenty asked when they would see it in this form and the answer is... now.
3. This was actually prepared during the Community Selection series as an alternate to "BE THERE". What else could fit that mold?
4. Something that will likely soon be much harder to find, and it's now preserved here in complete form.
5. This one is inextricably linked to the previous entry (somehow).
6. I had this stuck in my head for an entire month. Including it here is some brief respite and I assure you I am not attempting to pass it on to you—seriously!
7. You may have glimpsed parts of this by official means, but this was excepted from the aforementioned mainstream venue.
8. Many of us asked for this and were elated when it finally came to fruition. It also turned out to be an exceptional revision.
9. Preparing this was a technical challenge, due to the changing of the guard on a certain front. This is also for those that always asked how they could hear "the original".
10. This was included as a "continuation" of what immediately precedes it. It was once used for an unrelated occasion, but it's of such notability that it bears inclusion here as well.
11. A hard rocker with an interesting and colorful theme.
12. The definitive rendition that was almost made available a few times prior.
13. Many of you may not even know this exists. This is one of the reasons this is not a public release.
14. Another, related technical challenge but this time in a different language.
15. This was overlooked and exempt for nearly a half-decade, but no longer.
16. I will be very surprised if anyone here has this, but I am equally sure that they would not deny its inclusion. This is also one of the reasons this release is not intended for public consumption.
17. The adult version of a certain mega-hit single with a similar setting.
18. The theme here is almost identical in two different languages, unlike some of its brethren that received the same treatment.
19. One of the most appropriate ways to begin to cap off an "XX8" project.
20. It was a long road to get to this point. Pay attention to the band. This is a special one.
21. Back to where we left off.
22. A specially-prepared closer that showcases the "True Meaning" behind "XX8".
23. Special Teaser for ? ? ? ? ?

Feel free to post any thoughts that may come to mind, though please be cryptic about certain elements for reasons that will be apparent once you see for yourself.
shinichi'sapprentice

I NEED SLLEP

Postby shinichi'sapprentice » November 1st, 2016, 11:20 pm

Clearly, my post yesterday was just to help put the above post be the first one of this new page... xD!

Watching this now!~ DONE!

I really wanted to watch this (via streaming by yours truly~) together with more people BECAUSE HYPE! But my schedule is so tight plus I don't know everyone's availability. D: It was fun screaming at Jecka though (particularly because of the first song~) while watching it at the same time with her. xD I'm going on a trip in two weeks and will be gone for over a month so I won't be around for the next B'z HYPE RELEASE! (YES. I SOLVED THE SPECIAL TEASER RIDDLE –– well, most of it I guess? :D )

Before I continue, I just want to extend my biggest thanks for this another amazing work that truly was HYPE and EPIC. If anyone missed this release at all, feel free to message me and the HYPE shall be yours!~

Now, to keep this as vague... as... possible...

XX8:

1. PERFECT. OPENER. If you know me, you'll know why I screamed at this. :D I can also still sing it without looking at the lyrics! xD

2. Really, I was expecting a different line-up of songs for this release but because of these first two songs, I thought the songs are going to be from present to past... Was that vague enough? xD Anyway, this song is really one-of-a-kind because of that...

3. I've read the liner notes yesterday before the release so I was really curious what could be an alternative for BE THERE. I don't think I've seen another performance of this song aside from that original music video!

4. I can NEVER remember this song's Japanese title! I always refer to its English translation. How did you guys get a copy of this performance?! Was it released/streamed somewhere!? Thanks a lot nonetheless! :D

5. How many songs did they perform here? The only entry about this at offthelock is now at the ninth page! Can't believe it's been a year already since this performance.

6. I saw the drummer and I already knew what this might have been even before they started. xD

7. I... actually have never seen this before! :o Or heard, for that matter!

8. I've actually never seen this performed either aside from its music video! :o I really like it when they make use of their whole venue like this to get close to their fans! :D

9. I knew ever since the announcement of this release, that a performance of this song would be included! The quality turned out to be really very good!

10. I've got nothing to add without spoiling anything!

11. "A hard rocker with an interesting and colorful theme." I see what you did there.~ I really love this LIVE-GYM and I haven't even seen all of it!

12. HYPE!

13. I've always wanted to ask, and I've literally written it down while I was watching this so I won't forget... Jd-, DO YA HAVE A COMPLETE COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING B'z?!!?? [*deleted because it might reveal stuffs*]

14. Why was this called ~******* Style~ exactly? xD

15. I know I have this song but it took me a while before I found it.

16. I... have the audio version? Together with other related stuffs thanks to you!~

17. This was in my Community Selection Ballot!

18. This is actually the first time I've heard the whole of this version and wow! HAHA I haven't exactly downloaded the entire album yet.

19. YES. PERFECT!

20. I need to check out more of their other works!

21. YESYESYES! I love this song's bass!

22. Of course! :'D

23. THE NEXT RELEASE IS ON MY BIRTHDAY! :o I might have solved one of the other codes too... Will decipher the others after I get sleep~

EDIT: I might have gotten the date wrong... If I'm correct, then the answer is actually ten months from now?!
Folka

Postby Folka » November 3rd, 2016, 4:00 am

Guys! It's awesome! Lots of rare gems, like the ones I'm always looking for. And that Z'b song!!!
Folka

Postby Folka » November 4th, 2016, 11:22 am

WAIT, am I in the credits???? Guys, I could cry right now!!!!
IrelandCalling

Postby IrelandCalling » November 5th, 2016, 10:09 am

Sounds amazing; thanks very much for the link kd, i hope to get to it this weekend!

Been away from Bz world for most of this year with moving home and bringing up little daughter, who loves rock! Would you believe I still havent had chance to view the bonus live DVD I got with Epic Day! I have Enigma CD and DVD but havent investigated them properly either...hopefully this week though. Epic Night is the one DVD I have had the chance to put on and it is excellent I have to say.

Journey back to Bz befan last night, put on the Cmon album from 2011 - have to say it sounds as good as it did during those great days when it was released, the year I discovered them.
GaS

Postby GaS » November 6th, 2016, 3:50 pm

Everytime I watch B'z live show, there's just one thought bouncing in my head - "Man, I hope I get to go to their concert one day". There's just so much energy there, so much power, so much life!

Getting the opportunity to experience XX8 project was a pleasant surprise and I enjoyed every second of it. Bits of the old archive footage were amazing, put a smile on my face. And all these fantastic songs... I had realized I haven't heard some of them for a long time actually! Oh, and is this me in the Special Thanks list? There's a lot I want to say but I'm not sure I can express my feelings in words well. Sorry about that.

XX8 is definitely something that I'll watch many times in the future. Thanks, Jd- and everyone who made this happen. I love B'z and it's always great to know that there are so many passionate fans out there. You people are amazing!

P.S. And this secret next project... I think I don't have enough clues to guess what exactly it is. Maybe it's for the better, I want to be surprised.
Bizzu

Postby Bizzu » November 7th, 2016, 8:54 am

This is my first pleasant surprise ever since I've joined this forum as a member. XX8 is definitely a work of art from Boss JD! I had already viewed B'z full live home videos especially their latest ones like Epic Day, EN-III and Into Free so most of XX8 scenes are similar. Nonetheless, I can't get enough of B'z so I don't mind watching their materials over & over again!! You can tell how much effort and creativity that JD and the gang had poured into the video and for that I'm superrr awed and grateful. (OMG I'm in the credits..deeply moved :D )

B'z songs gave me hope and positivity and of course rocking energy which are somewhat missing in my average joe life. I'm really glad I found this forum by chance. (Cause I've been searching B'z related stuff on google like a stalker ahahaha) Also its great to know there are other B'z fans out there who able to convey B'z updates in english. (Awesome work guys \m/ \m/)

Once again thanks JD and the rest who made all this happen and to all B'z fan keep on rocking \m/
i'm so psyched for the next secret project, can't wait!
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Postby Jd- » November 9th, 2016, 7:34 pm

It's really great to hear of the enjoyment everyone has taken from B'z XX8, and I especially appreciate getting the chance to converse with some familiar faces of yesteryear as a result!

shinichi'sapprentice wrote:13. I've always wanted to ask, and I've literally written it down while I was watching this so I won't forget... Jd-, DO YA HAVE A COMPLETE COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING B'z?!!?? [*deleted because it might reveal stuffs*]

PERHAPS...!!

shinichi'sapprentice wrote:EDIT: I might have gotten the date wrong... If I'm correct, then the answer is actually ten months from now?!

Intriguing conclusion...!!

The reveal for the "new project directive" will come at the end of next month unless it be solved in the interim. We'll be waiting to hear the certain keyphrase that "describes" the project, as far as the answer goes.
Iwamoto Yuri

SPARKLES

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » November 10th, 2016, 6:20 am

Jd- wrote:The reveal for the "new project directive" will come at the end of next month unless it be solved in the interim. We'll be waiting to hear the certain keyphrase that "describes" the project, as far as the answer goes.

That sounds like there's plenty of time to build hype.
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
Folka

Postby Folka » November 22nd, 2016, 7:04 am

You know what. I'm hoping for some Showcase home-video release. Man, -19- and EX-Theater are the ones I like most because of their rare gems!
Oh, if you have bootleg concerts for the Survive Live-Gym and Showcase, just give me some hint :D
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Postby Jd- » November 22nd, 2016, 10:37 am

Folka wrote:You know what. I'm hoping for some Showcase home-video release. Man, -19- and EX-Theater are the ones I like most because of their rare gems!
Oh, if you have bootleg concerts for the Survive Live-Gym and Showcase, just give me some hint :D

Both of the 2007 SHOWCASE tours and 2009's were... quite the shows... indeed...!
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! ("Fukiarenasai" Digital Single Out Now!)

Postby Jd- » November 22nd, 2016, 10:42 am

B’z Digital Exclusive Single 「Fukiarenasai」 Available Now!
With this weekend's release of the Shippuu Rondo film for which it serves as a theme, there is no better time for the band to release 「Fukiarenasai」 (フキアレナサイ, Blow Violently) to the masses—and they've done just that! The song, envisioned as a winter version of "ultra soul" as requested by the film's producers, was announced in September and previewed in a trailer for the film, but with the band's impending solo activities, fans were unsure when it would see a proper release. After the comparatively late release of 「Sekai wa Anata no Iro ni Naru」 when it came to digital form last month, it was unknown if B'z would be experimenting with further digital releases in the future. With today's release of 「Fukiarenasai」 on iTunes Japan and all digital music platforms in the country, we now have our answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-tCcY0B0jI
Folka

Postby Folka » November 23rd, 2016, 4:49 am

It has been in loop since this morning. I'm really enjoying it! I need more songs like this. Let's wait for this COST album/single to come out, now!
CrimsonDragon

Postby CrimsonDragon » November 23rd, 2016, 8:03 am

Another interesting decision by B'z to release a digital only single again. But it would have been nice to have a new physical single to round out 2016, I would love the bonus Blu-ray (or DVD) to include all the tracks left out of the EPIC NIGHT home video (especially HOME, Don't Leave Me, and Baby, you're my home). Maybe their next album will include the full B'z SHOWCASE 2015 -Shinagawa Uchouten NIGHT-?
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! ("Top 50 B'z Guitar Solos" Video Releasing 11.24.16 @ Midnight!)

Postby Jd- » November 23rd, 2016, 11:27 am

Whether you're a fellow guitarist or simply someone that enjoys the intricacy and musicianship that goes into shaping a good guitar solo, we now have something special for you in the form of the Top 50 B'z Guitar Solos!

Ostensibly, this is a countdown video meant to highlight the solos as they existed in the studio editions of each song. We did not want to stop there, however: alongside every solo, you'll also learn the EXACT GUITAR used for that song! This was immense fun to research when the video was prepared a few months ago, and some are marked unconfirmed but are extrapolated from the guitars Tak favored at the time.

For those that may see this in time: Are there any solos that you feel MUST be included? The list here is the result of much debate and consideration over the years amongst fans in the international community. It's by no means meant to be definitive, but it will hopefully prove a somewhat accurate representation of the diversity of solos Tak Matsumoto has implemented into the B'z catalogue over the years. The Top 10 here are all great, but will it reflect your personal take exactly? I imagine for some it may be close, and others perhaps not. Let's find out!

The video will be available for download at 12:01 AM U.S. Eastern time—roughly 13 hours from this posting!

Return to “Media Discussion”