The B'z Hype Topic! ("This Love" Lyric Video Now Available!)

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
Folka

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! ("B'z International Showcase" Now Open! Come Help Us Translate a Video to *YOUR* Language!)

Postby Folka » May 12th, 2017, 5:08 am

Awesome!!! I don't recognize the title of the first song. Is it something completely new?
k11chi

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! ("B'z International Showcase" Now Open! Come Help Us Translate a Video to *YOUR* Language!)

Postby k11chi » May 12th, 2017, 4:35 pm

shinichi'sapprentice wrote:Image

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

ALSO, WHAT'S HAPPENIN' IN 12 DAYS?!!?!?!

EDIT: I HAVE MY EYES SET ON THAT UCC EDITION *___________*

EDITEDIT: IT HAS BEEN ORDERED. JUNE 14TH HAIPUUUU

I want to taste those... coffee/energy drinks though.
CrimsonDragon

Postby CrimsonDragon » May 14th, 2017, 10:41 am

The new single is definitely a solid release. Quite a remarkable difference, in terms of number of tracks, compared to their last physical single release which was RED. This is the first B'z single with 4 different tracks, each serving as theme songs to different products. I may end up picking up both the CD+DVD and B'z x UCC versions. Hopefully they will release a new album by the end of this year!
shinichi'sapprentice

I NEED SLLEP

Postby shinichi'sapprentice » May 21st, 2017, 11:05 pm

B'z NEW SINGLE: Seimei/Still Alive, Cover Artwork has now been released!

*___*

k11chi wrote:I want to taste those... coffee/energy drinks though.

According to Jd-'s write-up, it looks like the Single's UCC Version will have a lottery thing included for a chance to win those B'z exclusive coffee drinks.

Can anyone access offthelock.com?
k11chi

Postby k11chi » May 22nd, 2017, 5:47 pm

I wonder what's the story behind that cover since that's quite clearly a heart.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Deportation applications available.

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! (New Single "Seimei/Still Alive" Out June 14!! "B'z International Showcase" Underway!)

Postby Jd- » May 23rd, 2017, 6:01 pm

AT. LONG. LAST.

It's been a very long couple of years since the release of "RED", but I'm glad to see everyone's been hanging on! We've been anticipating this and have had a project quietly brewing on the backburner for the past year, awaiting the moment to actually capitalize on it. There will be more information tomorrow, but keep your eyes on www.offthelock.com and the countdown there. In fact, if you give it a visit (on a non-mobile device that supports video) before said countdown expires and watch closely enough... maybe, just maybe, an as-yet-unannounced initiative will present itself... (Feel free to point it out if you notice because it'll be gone when that countdown ends)

The fact we're getting a four-track single as the comeback is stellar. Especially, I know many fans out there are happy to get "Fukiarenasai" and "Sekai wa Anata no Iro Naru" on a physical medium. If you guys missed the "Still Alive" version of the commercial for said single, it started its run during Conan this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB5r0TXy7fo

We've still not heard anything of "Seimei" yet and may not for a week or two, but you can rest assured it'll be a rocker (I think, anyway!). And with SHOWCASE 2007 -B'z In Your Town- just around the corner, you can definitely expect all four songs from the single to be performed as part of the setlist.

If you're curious what we expect from 2017-2018, go read the article from the other day when the site's back online tomorrow! This is the kind of thing that no fan should miss, trust me on that!

shinichi'sapprentice wrote:Can anyone access offthelock.com?

Apparently the site was down briefly to renew a couple of thingies but now it should be Still Accessible.

JBLars wrote:Throwing this out there as a hail mary: Did anyone else get the LIVE-GYM package for Epic Day? If so, could I get a hi-res scan of the rubber band exchange voucher? (Or does someone know where I could find said scan?) I picked up a copy on the cheap via Yahoo Auctions, but that voucher is the sole missing bit. It'd be nice to have a complete set, even if one piece is a replica printed at Kinko's. Clearly, it's not 2015 anymore and I'm in no danger of fraudulently redeeming the coupon… :D

Hey there! Little late on this but I will find someone to help you with this in the very near future. Hang tight!

CrimsonDragon wrote:By the way, I'm loving their solo albums. INABA / SALAS really made some catchy tunes, while Tak and Daniel Ho's collaboration album really gives off a relaxing Summer vibe. The remake of Rain was a pleasant surprise too, Daniel's piano arrangement certainly changes things a lot.

For my money, this may be their best combined solo output in such close proximity. CHUBBY GROOVE has so many noteworthy tracks and it makes for a superb live show. I was really surprised at the credits on some of Electric Island, Acoustic Sea: "Soaring on Dreams" comes off as such a definitive "Tak" composition, and yet it was Daniel Ho that brought it to the table! They were really a great pairing for a collaboration.

And, we're still underway on the B'z International Showcase project! The ideal release date will be September 21st, but we may put it out a little sooner or later depending on how it all comes together. We have several languages in the bag already. If you want to get involved, get in touch and we'll get moving as soon as we can!

Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! (New Single "Seimei/Still Alive" Out June 14!! www.offthelock.com has relaunched!)

Postby Jd- » May 24th, 2017, 5:33 pm

In celebration of nearly ten years providing English B'z coverage, fansite OFFTHELOCK.com has been completely overhauled and relaunched as the definitive resource for everything B'z. Check it out!

And! Tomorrow, the fourth countdown on the official website will end, revealing...!?

Spoiler:
Be sure to keep an eye out around June 14th when "Seimei/Still Alive" is released. Something "EXTRA" will be on the way then.
Raiden

~If you gimme a smile, I'm on your side. Tomorrow we'll be alright~

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! (New Single "Seimei/Still Alive" Out June 14!! www.offthelock.com has relaunched!)

Postby Raiden » June 2nd, 2017, 1:29 pm

Folka wrote:I found this preview online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyX4eK7Zp5I

Blocked by Being Inc for copyright reasons :(

((Will just have to wait for my copy to arrive in the mail \o/ ))
3DS FC:2809 8617 8608
“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.” ― Frances Hardinge
“If you are cold, tea will warm you;
if you are too heated, it will cool you;
If you are depressed, it will cheer you;
If you are excited, it will calm you.”
― William Ewart Gladstone

Spoiler:
CrimsonDragon

Postby CrimsonDragon » June 7th, 2017, 4:49 pm

Oooh, a Winter LIVE-GYM! We get to hear Itsuka no Merry Christmas again then! ;D (although I wouldn't mind SNOW either)

This must mean a new album by the end of this year, right?! (Secretly hoping Summer's SHOWCASE will be included as a bonus on the album)

BTW, has anyone noticed the end of the opening music intro (when the red balloon emerges from the sea and rises to the sky) for LIVE-GYM 2015 -EPIC NIGHT- sounds similar to parts of Meimei (from the C'mon album)
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! (New Single "Seimei/Still Alive" Out Now!! New Project Announcement 6/15!)

Postby Jd- » June 14th, 2017, 5:39 pm

"Seimei/Still Alive" Now Released!

As expected, "Seimei/Still Alive" has debuted at the top of the Oricon charts with 60,000 physical copies sold as pre-orders. It's always refreshing to see rock music on top, but specifically we have here a single with a half-minute one-handed-tapping solo at #1. GUITARSSSSSSSS (Seriously, dat solo!) Here is the release message the band put out:

We also put together a longform article covering the complete history of B'z & Aerosmith just in time for the release that I am sure you'll all enjoy:

Aerosmith formed nearly two full decades before B’z and, by the time Tak Matsumoto and Koshi Inaba made their joint debut on September 21, 1988, had already sold well over 25 million records worldwide. “Dream On”, “Sweet Emotion”, “Walk This Way”, “Mama Kin”, “Back in the Saddle”, and “Draw the Line” had all long been released. Already commonly hailed as both the “Bad Boys from Boston” and the definitive American rock band, Aerosmith had by then already toured the world, broken up and spent a half-decade without its core line-up, reunited, battled drug addiction, and earned a reputation as both the hardest rocking and most volatile band around. The group’s biggest personalities and likewise its brightest stars—vocalist Steven Tyler and guitarist Joe Perry—earned the joint moniker “the Toxic Twins” as a result.

So distant were these two bands in age that B’z guitarist Tak Matsumoto spent his high school years playing Aerosmith songs in his bedroom, whilst a young Koshi Inaba considered Steven Tyler a top vocalist whose ability and stage presence were to be striven toward. What the two acts undoubtedly have in common is success: both topped their respective music industries, both established themselves as definitive rock icons whose staying power is long beyond reproach.

What’s more, despite the different eras from which they hailed and the ages that separate them, the divergent paths of B’z and Aerosmith would later intersect in a way that would make rock history and prove an indelible moment for fans of both bands.

CLICK TO READ THE REST... AND IT'S A LOT

IF YOU ARE WORKING ON THE INTERNATIONAL SHOWCASE PROJECT:
You can expect to hear from me tomorrow. We'll touch base and get everything in order then and all inquiries shall be handled at that time. If you have any additional questions and see this in time, let me know!

And... tomorrow, June 15, we'll reveal one more project that you can expect and can expect quite soon:

Oh, and don't forget that Daily B'z updates on the new OFFTHELOCK.com every day, in every category!

CrimsonDragon wrote:BTW, has anyone noticed the end of the opening music intro (when the red balloon emerges from the sea and rises to the sky) for LIVE-GYM 2015 -EPIC NIGHT- sounds similar to parts of Meimei (from the C'mon album)

Huh, good point. I didn't think of that before! Reminds me that I wish we could get some of those instrumental/guitar versions of some of the Ending SEs from the olden days.

JBLars wrote:Throwing this out there as a hail mary: Did anyone else get the LIVE-GYM package for Epic Day? If so, could I get a hi-res scan of the rubber band exchange voucher?

This will be in your inbox tomorrow!
k11chi

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! (New Single "Seimei/Still Alive" Out Now!! New Project Announcement 6/15!)

Postby k11chi » June 14th, 2017, 8:01 pm

I just want to say that Stilll Alive sounds freaking incredible.
shinichi'sapprentice

I NEED SLLEP

Postby shinichi'sapprentice » June 15th, 2017, 7:06 am

Still waiting for my copy here! Hope to get it by Friday if not today.

@Jd-: I know I'm late into the game but if ya still need some extra hands for the International Showcase Project, I'm in!
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Postby Jd- » June 15th, 2017, 5:06 pm

My next post in a few minutes will contain the latest hype project.

k11chi wrote:I just want to say that Stilll Alive sounds freaking incredible.

After hearing the full version, my thought was: "This could've easily been its own single". It's such a great song, and the preview version in the drama didn't do it nearly enough justice—the full song is a must!

shinichi'sapprentice wrote:Still waiting for my copy here! Hope to get it by Friday if not today.

@Jd-: I know I'm late into the game but if ya still need some extra hands for the International Showcase Project, I'm in!

I'm confident you shall love it, yesh. And, as for the International Showcase, I shall send a PM your way STAT. Haaaaaaang tight!

Return to “Media Discussion”