The B'z Hype Topic! (The 30th Anniversary Is Here!)

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
Folka

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! ("B'z International Showcase" Now Open! Come Help Us Translate a Video to *YOUR* Language!)

Postby Folka » January 22nd, 2017, 6:26 am

Apparently his in-ear monitor wasn't working so he wasn't able to hear himself/the music. If you rewatch, you can see that when the first chorus started, he was already checking his ear-piece, and right after that he was checking the receiving unit on his belt (which he also checked again later in the performance, too). It bears noting there was another band earlier in the evening that also had monitoring issues (and some other artists were lip-syncing, as is common with certain types of pop acts for these TV performances, so it wasn't obvious even if they had the same issue).

Yeah, I noticed that. There was a huge improvement, but I also saw him choughing, so I assume he wasn't in perfect shape. I'm really waiting for some live video and the CD to arrive! I like the sound I'm hearing from the previews!
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

The Last Dinosaur

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! ("B'z International Showcase" Now Open! Come Help Us Translate a Video to *YOUR* Language!)

Postby Jd- » January 26th, 2017, 10:54 pm

INABA/SALAS CHUBBY GROOVE TOUR 2017 Setlist
(For 1/25 & 1/26 Shows)

1. SAYONARA RIVER
2. Kunou no Hate no Sore mo Kotae no Hitotsu
3. ERROR MESSAGE
4. NISHI-HIGASHI

5. My Mirai (2010 Koshi Solo B-side to "Okay")
6. Shirase
7. Hazumu Sekai (2004 Koshi Solo Album Song from Peace Of Mind, co-written by Salas)
8. Shoumen Shoutotsu (2004 Koshi Solo Album Song from Peace Of Mind, co-written by Salas)
9. Moonage Daydream (David Bowie Cover)
10. MY HEART YOUR HEART
11. WABISABI
12. OVERDRIVE
13. MARIE
14. AISHI-AISARE

—ENCORE—
15. BLINK
16. Police On My Back
(The Clash Cover)
17. TROPHY

The setlist is quite close to what was expected, as they stuck fairly strictly to their previous collaborations and celebrated those (good call, Valentin!). That'd explain why Salas didn't throw in a solo number, though it'd have been great to see a new version of "Tell Your Story Walkin'" and of course to finally hear "Head On Collision"! Oh, and speaking of which: The song "BLINK" from the album is actually a Japanese remake of one of Salas's previous tunes, "The Uprise", from his solo work. Given they played every song from CHUBBY GROOVE, it's possible the setlist will be the same throughout.
dumytru

Postby dumytru » January 27th, 2017, 12:17 am

Jd- wrote:
Folka wrote:Hi just heard the Music Stage performance of INABA / SALAS. Something seemed off. Inaba went off pitch many times. I wonder why

Apparently his in-ear monitor wasn't working so he wasn't able to hear himself/the music.

This is kinda sad :( .
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...

dumytru's Karaoke Project!
Folka

Postby Folka » January 27th, 2017, 8:20 am

Jd- wrote:INABA/SALAS CHUBBY GROOVE TOUR 2017 Setlist
(For 1/25 & 1/26 Shows)

1. SAYONARA RIVER
2. Kunou no Hate no Sore mo Kotae no Hitotsu
3. ERROR MESSAGE
4. NISHI-HIGASHI

5. My Mirai (2010 Koshi Solo B-side to "Okay")
6. Shirase
7. Hazumu Sekai (2004 Koshi Solo Album Song from Peace Of Mind, co-written by Salas)
8. Shoumen Shoutotsu (2004 Koshi Solo Album Song from Peace Of Mind, co-written by Salas)
9. Moonage Daydream (David Bowie Cover)
10. MY HEART YOUR HEART
11. WABISABI
12. OVERDRIVE
13. MARIE
14. AISHI-AISARE

—ENCORE—
15. BLINK
16. Police On My Back
(The Clash Cover)
17. TROPHY

The setlist is quite close to what was expected, as they stuck fairly strictly to their previous collaborations and celebrated those (good call, Valentin!). That'd explain why Salas didn't throw in a solo number, though it'd have been great to see a new version of "Tell Your Story Walkin'" and of course to finally hear "Head On Collision"! Oh, and speaking of which: The song "BLINK" from the album is actually a Japanese remake of one of Salas's previous tunes, "The Uprise", from his solo work. Given they played every song from CHUBBY GROOVE, it's possible the setlist will be the same throughout.

Shoumen Shoutotsu! My favourite song from Inaba!
dumytru

Postby dumytru » January 28th, 2017, 1:39 pm

dumytru wrote:
Jd- wrote:
Folka wrote:Hi just heard the Music Stage performance of INABA / SALAS. Something seemed off. Inaba went off pitch many times. I wonder why

Apparently his in-ear monitor wasn't working so he wasn't able to hear himself/the music.

This is kinda sad :( .

So I watched the live (finally) and I have to say it was amazing. He went off pitch only until he figured out his in-ear isn't working.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...

Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

The Last Dinosaur

Postby Jd- » January 28th, 2017, 5:59 pm

dumytru wrote:So I watched the live (finally) and I have to say it was amazing. He went off pitch only until he figured out his in-ear isn't working.

Salas and Koshi have a great joint stage presence; we're now a few shows into the tour and the reaction has been stellar all the way through. Both Tak and Koshi's latest solo shows have had their finales on streaming services, so I'm really hoping this won't be an exception!

Oh, and: "AISHI-AISARE" has been translated in full.

In case any of you missed it, a new B'z song entitled "Still Alive" premiered as the surprise theme song to the new Takuya Kimura medical drama entitled A LIFE. No announcement was made ahead of time about the drama's theme so it was a nice surprise at the time indeed. You can hear it briefly in the first episode here.

The interesting thing is that, due to the ongoing solo commitments, "Fukiarenasai" and (most likely also) this song were produced at a distance while Koshi was in Tokyo and Tak was in LA. We now have a nice cache of new tunes for the next tour, and it'd also be nice if they were added to the next album too. Time shall tell!
shinichi'sapprentice

I NEED SLLEP

Postby shinichi'sapprentice » January 29th, 2017, 6:11 am

OHMYGOSH

Still Alive...

Still Alive...

STILL ALIVE

I'm Still Alive! :D

There is so many things I have to catch up on! *__*
dumytru

Postby dumytru » January 29th, 2017, 3:20 pm

YEY! \o/
I've been waiting for this.

JBLars

Postby JBLars » February 2nd, 2017, 2:11 pm

Don't know if anyone's noticed, and I don't mean to be the presumptuous newbie, but I haven't seen anyone mention that Chubby Groove is now available for purchase on the iTunes Store in the United States. It was certainly a surprise to me, and I was all too delighted to part with my money!
Folka

Postby Folka » February 2nd, 2017, 2:12 pm

It finally arrived!!!
Well, I'm not opening it because I always keep them sealed (I put it near Loose, Epic day, RED and Devil). So, I have to wait for some kind guy on the web to rip the album :D
I'm crazy, I know :(
Folka

Postby Folka » February 2nd, 2017, 2:16 pm

JBLars wrote:Don't know if anyone's noticed, and I don't mean to be the presumptuous newbie, but I haven't seen anyone mention that Chubby Groove is now available for purchase on the iTunes Store in the United States. It was certainly a surprise to me, and I was all too delighted to part with my money!

So it WASN'T a mirage! Gonna buy it right now!!!
dumytru

Postby dumytru » February 2nd, 2017, 4:47 pm

Folka wrote:Image
It finally arrived!!!
Well, I'm not opening it because I always keep them sealed (I put it near Loose, Epic day, RED and Devil). So, I have to wait for some kind guy on the web to rip the album :D
I'm crazy, I know :(

Am I the only one who finds that album image really weird? ???

Folka

Postby Folka » February 3rd, 2017, 5:17 am

It's cute!
I bought the album on the store. Listening to it right now! Seems awesome!
Folka

Postby Folka » February 4th, 2017, 6:06 am

I checked the Oricon chart. Chubby Groove debuted at #2 and the week after disappeared from the Top 10. I expected #1 given Inaba's status in Japan.
Well, still a great achievment!