My professor layton thread!

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Re: The professor layton thread!

Post by mangaluva »

Vylash wrote: first game was okay, not interesting enough for me to wanna continue with the series though
Continue with the series only if you're a Pixar masochist, ie you like cute and awesome things that will wring every last tear from your eyes.

Or if you like swordfights. Because the second and fifth games contain severely badass ones.
miakakiri
Really not sure what I should put here....

Post by miakakiri »

I adore swordfights! And puzzles!
Also I am planning to put together a cosplay of Emmy for next autumn's local anime con. Archi has already agreed to cosplay as Layton, so now we just have to put the costumes together! *^_^*
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

miakakiri wrote: I adore swordfights! And puzzles!
Also I am planning to put together a cosplay of Emmy for next autumn's local anime con. Archi has already agreed to cosplay as Layton, so now we just have to put the costumes together! *^_^*
Jealoooooussss

Oh, one more thing I forgot: if you like steampunk mecha, this is the series for you. In the games without swordfighting, you'll end up fighting a steampunk mecha at some point.

Then the movie has a swordfight on top of a steampunk mecha controlled by a pipe organ. Crazy awesome doesn't begin to cover it. Oh, Descole...
miakakiri

Post by miakakiri »

mangaluva wrote:
Jealoooooussss

Oh, one more thing I forgot: if you like steampunk mecha, this is the series for you. In the games without swordfighting, you'll end up fighting a steampunk mecha at some point.

Then the movie has a swordfight on top of a steampunk mecha controlled by a pipe organ. Crazy awesome doesn't begin to cover it. Oh, Descole...
AARGH!!! I want the movie!!! *pouts* I don't remember why Archi wouldn't let me get it....
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

miakakiri wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
Jealoooooussss

AARGH!!! I want the movie!!! *pouts* I don't remember why Archi wouldn't let me get it....
You could always view it on YouTube... it's SO GOOD.
Spoiler:
It's also going to be relevant to the plot of the sixth game.
miakakiri

Post by miakakiri »

I'd rather get hold of it so I can watch it on the TV, rather than try to watch it on my little netbook--the main 17" laptop has been out of commission since summer. ~_~*

Cider
Community Evil Overlord

Post by Cider »

Guys! I haven't played any of the Layton game, but I think I'll give it a show during break! Should I start with The Curious Village, or should I just get Miracle Mask? Thanks! :)
miakakiri

Post by miakakiri »

Cider wrote: Guys! I haven't played any of the Layton game, but I think I'll give it a show during break! Should I start with The Curious Village, or should I just get Miracle Mask? Thanks! :)
Start with Curious Village. Alternately, you COULD start with Last Specter. Do NOT start with Miracle Mask, it's the second in a trilogy and will confuse you because it doesn't introduce the characters. Best to start with Curious Village because it was the first game and will introduce you to Layton himself, where the other games do not.

mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

Start with Curious Village. Miss nothing. Half of the stuff with Luke meeting Layton in Specter's Flute loses most of its poignancy if you're not already aware that it's the start of a dedicated friendship.

Also, there is no reason in the universe not to play Pandora's Box and Lost Future. None. At. All.
miakakiri

Post by miakakiri »

mangaluva wrote: Start with Curious Village. Miss nothing. Half of the stuff with Luke meeting Layton in Specter's Flute loses most of its poignancy if you're not already aware that it's the start of a dedicated friendship.

Also, there is no reason in the universe not to play Pandora's Box and Lost Future. None. At. All.
Agreed 1000%.

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Love this game. Only have the first, want the others.
miakakiri

Post by miakakiri »

Wicky wrote: Love this game. Only have the first, want the others.
Yes, you do. *^_^*

Yurikochan
Conia's Wife
Secretly in love with N...

Post by Yurikochan »

I have to rebuy Diabolical Box, since my cousin borrowed it and never returned it. :(
Mafia: The only place where you can find Gin and Akai married together with 8 kids all disguised as Akai. Or something epic like that.
Conia wrote: Why am I thinking a ferret is an experiment from PT to mix the charm of dogs with the evilness of cats? :V

Image Kay and her friends...
Pmofmalasia

Post by Pmofmalasia »

I really need to play the rest of these games.  When I worked at Gamestop we were allowed to check out games for ~3 days (unless they were really popular like CoD or something, but who cares about those) and I checked out Curious Village... and finished every puzzle in those 3 days.  Granted, that was over the summer so I had nothing else to do, but I loved it!  I want to play the rest, but I don't want to buy them all >_<
3DS FC: 4983-5030-7788. Add me, Pokemon trainers!
MaitreDétective

Post by MaitreDétective »

Did you guys knew the Professor plays soccer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnWPJuof ... 5g&index=5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mASw0cnli14

(this is from the inazuma eleven games, he is a playable character )