My professor layton thread!

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Re: The professor layton thread!

Post by Akonyl »

whoaoaoaoaoa

unwound future's coming out soon? Oh snap.
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

It's coming out the day after my birthday. I told my dad that the preorder reciept would be a very nice birthday present ;D

I LOVE the Layton games, even if the resolutions are a bit WTF.
Spoiler:
"It's very simple, Luke my boy. Everybody's a robot."
"Obviously, of course, we were all suffering highly elaborate hallucinations. Except for that swordfight. I really am that awesome.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

mangaluva wrote:
Spoiler:
"Obviously, of course, we were all suffering highly elaborate hallucinations. Except for that swordfight. I really am that awesome.
for some reason I feel as if I've heard both of those exact phrases used to describe the conclusions before, but I dunno why.
Yurikochan
Conia's Wife
Secretly in love with N...

Post by Yurikochan »

Akonyl wrote:
mangaluva wrote:
Spoiler:
for some reason I feel as if I've heard both of those exact phrases used to describe the conclusions before, but I dunno why.
I agree with the above post.
Mafia: The only place where you can find Gin and Akai married together with 8 kids all disguised as Akai. Or something epic like that.
Conia wrote: Why am I thinking a ferret is an experiment from PT to mix the charm of dogs with the evilness of cats? :V

Image Kay and her friends...
Yurikochan
Conia's Wife

Post by Yurikochan »

Conan324 wrote: i also hate that layton doesnt explain clearly how he arrives to such conclusion.
He's no detective Conan or Phoenix Wright, that's for sure!
Mafia: The only place where you can find Gin and Akai married together with 8 kids all disguised as Akai. Or something epic like that.
Conia wrote: Why am I thinking a ferret is an experiment from PT to mix the charm of dogs with the evilness of cats? :V

mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

Yurikochan wrote:
Conan324 wrote: i also hate that layton doesnt explain clearly how he arrives to such conclusion.
Well, he is an archaeologist with a puzzle addiction rather than a detective.
Yurikochan
Conia's Wife

Post by Yurikochan »

mangaluva wrote:
Yurikochan wrote:
Well, he is an archaeologist with a puzzle addiction rather than a detective.
But he has pointed fingers at people. :P

kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

The difference between the first 2 games is like day and night with me, story-wise.

The 1st game all built towards everything being revealed at the end but it was such horrible answers to the game's questions that you wished the remained a mystery. And the pacing of the game was awful since you could unlock 90 percent of the puzzles before the first half of the story was over, giving you too much puzzles early and too little puzzles until the very last chapter.

The 2nd game though was far better written, has plot twists that weren't painfully stupid, built the story more naturally and luckily the parts of the story that weren't necessarily built well throughout the game were so surprisingly well done that it was ok. Plus, there were pretty much the same amount of puzzles throughout the game, which helped a ton.

The 2nd game also had a bit more voice acting and better music (including perhaps the best Credits music ever).

I still hate how both games decide to say "oh you wanted FULL voice acting? Screw you, 95 percent of it should be text only." But I hate that with games with voice acting in general.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
yukihiro

Post by yukihiro »

I preordered the Unwound Future on Amazon... I can't wait for it to come out. It's no Phoenix Wright, but I would say it's up there on my list of favorite DS games.

I agree that there was a huge difference between the first and second game. The second game, although much improved from the first, was still lacking. I hope the third game improves even further. I haven't read any impressions on the Japanese version since I would like to be surprised. haha
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

I did find the second one's storyline mildly less absurd and the game in general better-paced than the first game. More than anything, though, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the gorgeous animated cutscenes. Sometimes they're cute, sometimes they're beautiful, sometimes they're just plain awesome (toss-up between running from the Ferris Wheel and Layton's swordfight as to which was more awesome). And the letter inside the box in the second game made me cry so much T_T
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

akonyl hook me up w/ rom when it comes out thnx
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

now why would I do that
ranger
Community Villain