My professor layton thread!

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
RucyL

Re: My professor layton thread!

Postby RucyL » May 19th, 2017, 3:18 pm

I am very hyped! I'll get it for sure, not the 20th of July, but when it comes out for 3DS. I was quite worried thinking it would be a dissappointing game, but, after all the information L-5 has released, I'm sure it won't.
The only things I am going to miss are Akira Tago's puzzles and the professor and Luke. :"(
"A true lady leaves no puzzle unsolved."
Raspbryl

Postby Raspbryl » May 20th, 2017, 7:49 am

I was thinking of picking up the series with this new entry - new protagonist seems like a good jumping on point.
"Oh goddammit Rasp" - Anon

k11chi

Postby k11chi » May 20th, 2017, 1:29 pm

I'd be surprised if it was as good as the Unwound Future which had nice antagonists (the ending part when Layton says that they're
Spoiler:
the victims of political propaganda for progress
was really nice) and was deeply connected to the MC's, though Azran Legacy had a really good twist about "Hershel" Layton.
Anyway the 2nd trilogy overall has better stories than the first because Curious Village and Diabolical Box were not that great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1rT3j0c0bM
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » May 20th, 2017, 2:11 pm

Curious Village was a good way to start the series. Just like Last Sceptre was well formulated the introduce everyone.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 29 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 13.4.18

Chapter 2 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 28.5.18

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
k11chi

Postby k11chi » May 20th, 2017, 5:46 pm

Curious Village was a really simple one-off idea for a game with no long term plan in mind unlike Last Specter. It had barely any story to speak of.
RucyL

Postby RucyL » November 6th, 2017, 11:13 am

Wahh... Here I am again, half a year later, and, most importantly, having played Layton's Mystery Journey! What can I say, liked a lot the game, I cried in the end like I usually do, but it's not as good as the old ones. That said, I think it's a very strong starting point for a new series, it reminded me of Curious Village in a lot of aspects. Kat is a great main character, Sherl is funny and it would be interesting to explore his story in sequels and Ernest is just lovely (although I do not agree with him having a different name in each language, half of the time I say Howerd or Noah).

So aparently, there's a new game and an anime in production, scheduled for next year... I can't wait to continue unraveling the mystery of this mysterious journey!!
"A true lady leaves no puzzle unsolved."
medookubgu

Postby medookubgu » March 2nd, 2018, 8:07 am

"It's very simple, Luke my boy. Everybody's a robot."Obviously, of course, we were all suffering highly elaborate hallucinations. Except for that swordfight. I really am that awesome.

โป๊กเกอร์