My professor layton thread!

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
RucyL

Re: My professor layton thread!

Post by RucyL »

I am very hyped! I'll get it for sure, not the 20th of July, but when it comes out for 3DS. I was quite worried thinking it would be a dissappointing game, but, after all the information L-5 has released, I'm sure it won't.
The only things I am going to miss are Akira Tago's puzzles and the professor and Luke. :"(
"A true lady leaves no puzzle unsolved."
Raspbryl

Post by Raspbryl »

I was thinking of picking up the series with this new entry - new protagonist seems like a good jumping on point.
"Oh goddammit Rasp" - Anon

k11chi

Post by k11chi »

I'd be surprised if it was as good as the Unwound Future which had nice antagonists (the ending part when Layton says that they're
Spoiler:
the victims of political propaganda for progress
was really nice) and was deeply connected to the MC's, though Azran Legacy had a really good twist about "Hershel" Layton.
Anyway the 2nd trilogy overall has better stories than the first because Curious Village and Diabolical Box were not that great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1rT3j0c0bM
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

Curious Village was a good way to start the series. Just like Last Sceptre was well formulated the introduce everyone.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Curious Village was a really simple one-off idea for a game with no long term plan in mind unlike Last Specter. It had barely any story to speak of.
RucyL

Post by RucyL »

Wahh... Here I am again, half a year later, and, most importantly, having played Layton's Mystery Journey! What can I say, liked a lot the game, I cried in the end like I usually do, but it's not as good as the old ones. That said, I think it's a very strong starting point for a new series, it reminded me of Curious Village in a lot of aspects. Kat is a great main character, Sherl is funny and it would be interesting to explore his story in sequels and Ernest is just lovely (although I do not agree with him having a different name in each language, half of the time I say Howerd or Noah).

So aparently, there's a new game and an anime in production, scheduled for next year... I can't wait to continue unraveling the mystery of this mysterious journey!!
"A true lady leaves no puzzle unsolved."
medookubgu

Post by medookubgu »

"It's very simple, Luke my boy. Everybody's a robot."Obviously, of course, we were all suffering highly elaborate hallucinations. Except for that swordfight. I really am that awesome.

โป๊กเกอร์