Doctor Who?

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
Stopwatch

Re: Doctor Who?

Postby Stopwatch » September 14th, 2014, 11:30 am

That was probably my favourite in the current season thus far tbh.
Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.

Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Thanks, cinna ^^
Gentaphoenix

Postby Gentaphoenix » September 14th, 2014, 12:08 pm

I really liked the episode. The acting was great, especially Capaldi's and I think Danny could become a good male companion

I don't mind Clara being a very important character and occasionally saving the day, but I think sometimes it is too much, [spoiler]especially when she gets involved in the doctor's past like in "Listen".[/spoiler]
Iwamoto Yuri

Regret

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » September 15th, 2014, 5:58 am

MoonRaven wrote:
Yuri Iwamoto wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:
Yuri Iwamoto wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:Hmm. Quite nice episode. Clara's fangirling was a bit annoying but okay. same with the Doctor's insistence that RH didn't exist.

I'd be in as much denial as he was tbh, Robin Hood didn't exist just like King Arthur did, but I'd probably think parallel universes were leaking through.

I'm guessing that Eleven would have been ecstatic though

Ooh, look at that! You're not real and yet here you are! Isn't that just brilliant~? Yeah, I know. You're brilliant, I love you!

And Ten would've been frowning and mumbling and then brooding the impossibility of the situation.

Nah, he'd be like what, multiple times.
"What. What... What! What? But that's not possible, you aren't real, you can't be! How do you exist?" Then he'd be scanning and testing and when he realised they were real human beings he'd get a bit excited.
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » September 15th, 2014, 9:08 am

Yuri Iwamoto wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:
Yuri Iwamoto wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:
Yuri Iwamoto wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:Hmm. Quite nice episode. Clara's fangirling was a bit annoying but okay. same with the Doctor's insistence that RH didn't exist.

I'd be in as much denial as he was tbh, Robin Hood didn't exist just like King Arthur did, but I'd probably think parallel universes were leaking through.

I'm guessing that Eleven would have been ecstatic though

Ooh, look at that! You're not real and yet here you are! Isn't that just brilliant~? Yeah, I know. You're brilliant, I love you!

And Ten would've been frowning and mumbling and then brooding the impossibility of the situation.

Nah, he'd be like what, multiple times.
"What. What... What! What? But that's not possible, you aren't real, you can't be! How do you exist?" Then he'd be scanning and testing and when he realised they were real human beings he'd get a bit excited.

Ah, right. I was also thinking of him muttering something about Rose saying the exactly right thing...
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Chapter 72 of Dream or Not finished the fic

Chapter 29 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 13.4.18 (13th of April)

Chapter 2 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 28.5.18 (28th May)

Brilliant DC roleplay behind the years where I was Sera Read away.
FateAkemi05

Silence!

Postby FateAkemi05 » September 15th, 2014, 6:26 pm

Stopwatch wrote:That was probably my favourite in the current season thus far tbh.

That was probably my favourite in the current season thus far tbh.

VS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJw0hVtutkk

???

I must admit... it wasn't THAT good.

I HAVE RETURNED!

FC: 4270-1687-5686
MoonRaven

DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Postby MoonRaven » September 23rd, 2014, 1:50 pm

Ooh, this episode was so good! Best this far. I loved every moment. I've probably watched too many Danny Ocean movies... And Tower Heist. And be mad about Kaitou Kid...
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.

My dA There is one file for solely DC drawings.
My FF I have two DC fics: Rose in the Ecplipse of the Sun(or RitEotS) and Dream... or Not(or just DoN). The latter one still ongoing and has a spin-off Leap to Relatively Unknown.
My Tumblr

Chapter 72 of Dream or Not finished the fic

Chapter 29 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 13.4.18 (13th of April)

Chapter 2 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 28.5.18 (28th May)

Brilliant DC roleplay behind the years where I was Sera Read away.
Iwamoto Yuri

Regret

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » September 23rd, 2014, 4:14 pm

I just didn't really get why they had to forget.... it didn't really make sense :V
Kor

Postby Kor » November 8th, 2014, 6:55 pm

So... this season is over or something.

I feel like the beginning had some good episodes (besides the first one), but then it became pretty meh. As far as the finale goes... something felt off about it. The first part was okay, but then the second part had some bizarre stuff going on. Like that graveyard scene for example, when Clara wakes up. It was shot in a "spoooky" manner and in the vibe of "what's happening? it's scary. Be scared!", but that was completely unnecessary because the viewer already knew what was happening. What was the purpose of filming that scene in that way.
As far as the Master twist... I feel like that was somewhat predictable. Pretty sure a lot of sites brought up that speculation since the beginning. But as much fun as that character was in this episode (at least she was the only entertaining factor for me), this was a pretty self sabotaging villain. Yes I can believe a crazy person could be self sabotaging, but I don't think it's ever a smart move to have your main villain "hand over the solution" to the hero just like that. Kinda made me roll my eyes.

I'm quite unsure whether or not I'll continue to watch the next season, but we'll see.
Stopwatch

Postby Stopwatch » November 11th, 2014, 5:23 pm

Yeah, it was pretty disappointing imo.

For me, the good eps were Listen, Mummy on the Orient Express and then the one with the shadow creature things (at least in part because most of the CG in that ep was really well done :x). Other than that, meh. O

h, and they need to hire a science consultant or basically anyone who's done GCSE Science because some of the bad science in this was common sense stuff (those spiders supposedly being unicellular? Literally every time they mentioned radiation they got it all wrong. The Moon being an egg?! And so on). IDK.
Terry Pratchett wrote:The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.

Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Thanks, cinna ^^
Iwamoto Yuri

Regret

Postby Iwamoto Yuri » November 12th, 2014, 11:27 am

Yeah... I enjoyed most episodes, but the first ep and the last were dramatically bad.... I'll still continue watching, though. I just really hope Moffat leaves soon...
Kaito Lady

*plotting*

Postby Kaito Lady » November 23rd, 2014, 2:22 pm

HAPPY 51th ANNIVERSARY GUYS! :D

*covers eyes before she sees any kind of spoilers and then runs away*
"Plotting since forever"
Spoiler: Fear The Wrath Of My Hammer!
Thanx Yuri for the Awesome pic :D

DCTP Forums=a place where anyone is anyone's sibling/parent/child....and therefore is the best place on earth <3
Spoiler: Write a Will, BO Edition

Spoiler: Whenever in doubt

DCTP Cat Family
My dA
Commi-Ninja

Postby Commi-Ninja » January 22nd, 2015, 12:07 pm

So I've only just started watching this (minus having seen a few episodes years ago), and I'm four episodes into the fourth season.
The episode about the weeping angels, Blink, wasn't too creepy for me until the end, when the Doctor's video is playing and there are flashes of all those statues. XD

So far, the ninth Doctor is my favorite, though I love the tenth as well. Rose started out sort of annoying, but I grew to like her pretty quickly. I also like both Donna and Martha, though for different reasons.

Also, both of the Doctors I've seen so far make the absolute best faces. I can only hope Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi are the same way.
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » September 24th, 2015, 4:58 am

Doctor Who just started back with season 9!
I really enjoyed the first episode.

didn't expect that particular character to come back....
but you know how this series goes, no explanation !
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Commi-Ninja

Postby Commi-Ninja » September 26th, 2015, 8:59 am

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:Doctor Who just started back with season 9!
I really enjoyed the first episode.

didn't expect that particular character to come back....
but you know how this series goes, no explanation !

Do you mean
Spoiler:
Davros? 'cause I totally had my mouth hanging open for a good three minutes when he said that. Then the first words out of my mouth were, "As in the Dalek?!"

Also, I want to address the awesomeness of Doctor + Tank + Electric Guitar.
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
Kor

Postby Kor » September 26th, 2015, 9:01 am

Overall I also liked the episode. Was pretty entertaining.