The Ace Attorney Thread

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
Vylash

The Ace Attorney Thread

Post by Vylash »

The place to talk about all things Ace Attorney, the new game coming out next month and of course, the epicness of Kay Faraday and Ema Skye
Abs.
DCTP Staff Hero

Re: The Ace Attorney Thread

Post by Abs. »

Sure.  I'll start things off.

Phoenix X Edgeworth FTW!!!!!!!!!!

Your opinion is always requested in Abs.' Random Polls of Whenever
Found
Dead.

Post by Found »

PHOENIX WRIIIIIIIIGHT. =P~

A friend of mine introduced me to Phoenix, 'cause he knew I loved mystery. I don't have any kind of video game.. apparatus, though, so I have only finished the first case.

Yes, I know about emulators, but I'm too busy to find a good one :P
No amount of apologies will express how much I regret it.
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

Abs. wrote: Sure.  I'll start things off.

Kay X Ema FTW!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed
tantei okuoku
kindaichi freak

Post by tantei okuoku »

I can not wait for the next game to come out next month
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

yeah, that Gumshoe game will be grea-WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S NOT THE MAIN CHARACTER?!  >:(
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
tantei okuoku
kindaichi freak

Post by tantei okuoku »

kkslider5552000 wrote: yeah, that Gumshoe game will be grea-WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S NOT THE MAIN CHARACTER?!  >:(
LOL, go edgeworth
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

I personally can't wait for Apollo Justice 2
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

still.looking wrote: PHOENIX WRIIIIIIIIGHT. =P~

A friend of mine introduced me to Phoenix, 'cause he knew I loved mystery. I don't have any kind of video game.. apparatus, though, so I have only finished the first case.

Yes, I know about emulators, but I'm too busy to find a good one :P
try desmume
tantei okuoku
kindaichi freak

Post by tantei okuoku »

Parkur wrote: I personally can't wait for Apollo Justice 2
OMG did they confirm that it was coming out
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

tantei okuoku wrote:
OMG did they confirm that it was coming out
the only thing that's been confirmed so far it that there will be one, no release date or anything yet
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

AHEGJLEWOPEBCSDNQWRPWYH WHAT :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

I think it's funny how, even never seeing the character in your signature before I knew it was edgeworth's assistant

but yeah, lookin forward to it. I just hope that it doesn't have the same amount of "now it's time to wander around all the places I can go until an event triggers" that the regular PW/AJ games had.
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

Akonyl wrote: I think it's funny how, even never seeing the character in your signature before I knew it was edgeworth's assistant

but yeah, lookin forward to it. I just hope that it doesn't have the same amount of "now it's time to wander around all the places I can go until an event triggers" that the regular PW/AJ games had.
you should play the demo to get a feel for the new game, unfortunately the first case is still REALLY easy, i liked apollo justice since it was the only game in the series that didn't show the murderer in the first case and made it a complete surprise at the end
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

Parkur wrote:
Akonyl wrote: I think it's funny how, even never seeing the character in your signature before I knew it was edgeworth's assistant

you should play the demo to get a feel for the new game, unfortunately the first case is still REALLY easy, i liked apollo justice since it was the only game in the series that didn't show the murderer in the first case and made it a complete surprise at the end
AJ definitely had some of the strongest cases in the series. Even though I prefer Phoenix Wright and company over Apollo and friends, the collective case quality definitely earned points in my book. I liked them all, except for the format of the last one. I wonder if Apollo Justice 2 will be about Apollo's father? I am crossing my fingers for Franziska meeting the Hobo Phoenix. Or how about a case involving Godot on parole/in jail? Was he executed after T&T?

The Ace Investigations cases seem decent. They are harder in general because there is a lot more "locate the contradiction in this scene" type questions than "pick the right answer out of three choices" sort which I think is a positive move. The penalty system reflects this: almost all the penalties are one lifebar unit apiece; there is only one place where I remember it being two units instead. You have the usual 10 units btw. I am pretty sure you have to get collect all the relevant logic bits and piece them together to move from investigation to cross examination mode. If you are missing a detail and you do not know what you are looking for then you may spend some time wandering about clicking on everything. One thing I liked is the way the details and some of the evidence from the cases recurred and connected other cases like the (highlight for spoiler which you don't want to know if you haven't completed the cases) Yatagarasu key. (end of highlight)

My evaluation of the cases which do not contain any content spoilers but I am sure some purists will be upset if I don't use a spoiler box.
Case one was pretty easy as said above. Case two seems moderately difficult, and appears to have a couple of serious thought required moments near the end. Case three reminds me of a case in DC which I won't go into detail about to prevent spoilers. It definitely has several tricky points where clear headed thinking is needed. Hopefully in the translation they won't shove the solution down your throat. (aka "If you are so eager to turn this case upside-down, why not start with this sketch?") Case four is pure distilled awesome, but judging the difficulty is tricky because there is quite a bit of testimony rather than visual details to pick apart. Case five seems variable, sometimes hard, sometimes not, but it's a long one that strongly reminds me of Rise from the Ashes.
Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on October 30th, 2010, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.