SHERLOCK HOLMES COMPLETE COLLECTION (in PDF Format)

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
yukionna

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES COMPLETE COLLECTION (in PDF Format)

Post by yukionna »

Jd- wrote: If you're mental enough (and I hope at least a few are), my publication of choice for the canon has always been Leslie Klinger's annotated series. There are notes for every single oddity, discrepancy, nuance, bluff, and typo for every page of every short story and every novel.

They're sold in two different sets: two volumes for the short stories, and one for the novels. Here are the linkz:

The New Annotated Sherlock Holmes: The Novels (A Study in Scarlet, The Sign of Four, The Hound of the Baskervilles, The Valley of Fear) (On sale for $37.77 as of this writing)

The New Annotated Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Short Stories (2 Vol. Set) (On sale for $59.85 as of this writing)

Yes, these collections are very bulky, but Mr. Klinger has laid out notes on every single story like you would never believe. It's basically a Sherlockian Encyclopedia laid out across every single piece of the canon, and there are also some brilliant introductions to each and just all sorts of small details that you have to search far and wide to find elsewhere. And really, even should you not be interested in like, these editions still have every word of every story ready to go. Even if you really aren't interested in the extras, they really are the most aesthetically-pleasing of all the publications (I should know, given I have at least eleven different complete collections alone; much less the publishing clearances I have for individual mini-collections and of the canon collections themselves--I can't resist a good cover :'().

Also among the pages (there's rarely a page that doesn't have a footnote off to the side) are theories presented by various Sherlockians over the years to explain discrepancies within the canon (Watson's injury being a classic one, but also about his second wife, and everything else you can imagine).

I highly recommend both of them and would say they're worth every penny (or yen, or euro). :-*
My library has those books! They're huge!!! They're also practically untouched... perhaps because people are intimidated from looking at the size of it. it is HUGE. The annotations = priceless!

tantei okuoku wrote:
jamiecabascos wrote: i don't know if that "coming soon" SH movie is good. i watched the trailer but i didn't get interested. if you guys would only watch the older SH series/movies, you'll not going to get impressed with the coming soon SH :)
I am worried about the coming soon holmes movie, however I would LOVE for that movie to do for true mysteries what transformers did for it (just saw the second movie and I thought it was better then the first one).
I'm looking forward to seeing RDJ's performance. I just wish they used an actual SH story. Oh well.
Last edited by yukionna on August 12th, 2009, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamiecabascos
Community Hero

Post by jamiecabascos »

when will the SH be coming? some people said it's on December. i've seen the full trailer but i didn't see the date.
akai-kun
Community Hero
http://www.fanfiction.net/~ffbyakaikun

Post by akai-kun »

jamiecabascos wrote: when will the SH be coming? some people said it's on December. i've seen the full trailer but i didn't see the date.
US Release Date: (Mid) December 2009
Other release dates depend on the countrys... (Germany: January 2010)

;)
He's named Cool Kid and they named me the agent who feared them most...:  Shuichi Akai !

-----------------------------
PLEASE READ:

ShinRan36's DC Photoshop Works

My Fanfictions

The Oceanus Mystery

Four Leaf Clovers

+ fanfictions of WBoon / ccppfan
jamiecabascos
Community Hero

Post by jamiecabascos »

akai-kun wrote:
US Release Date: (Mid) December 2009
Other release dates depend on the countrys... (Germany: January 2010)

;)
[/quote]

waw. 4 months to go. i can't wait :(
tantei okuoku
kindaichi freak

Post by tantei okuoku »

that date must mean they expect it to do well since they gave it a release date around Christmas. 
jamiecabascos
Community Hero

Post by jamiecabascos »

do you know where i can DL the movie? (if ever the producer released it to the other country.?) ;D really can't wait to watch it.
tantei okuoku
kindaichi freak

Post by tantei okuoku »

it probably won't be download-able until the DVDs come out.
Found
Dead.

Post by Found »

Hi again..

Our library has several Agatha Christie books but I don't know which ones of them have Poirot in it >_> And can you recommend some books too? I've only read the Mysterious Affair at Styles.

[currently devouring literature. Artemis Fowl, the Arctic Incident!! xD]
No amount of apologies will express how much I regret it.
tantei okuoku
kindaichi freak

Post by tantei okuoku »

death in the clouds is one, murder under the sun, murder on the oriental express, and there are a lot more
jamiecabascos
Community Hero

Post by jamiecabascos »

i have agatha christie's collection. if you wanna visit it just click the link on my signature. ;D sorry for uploading it late, i'm so busy with the thesis. sorry.
Last edited by jamiecabascos on September 3rd, 2009, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xAerialAssaultx

Post by xAerialAssaultx »

Thanks alot. I have been reading these at work. Through the Iphone lol. I have already finished Study in Scarlet, Sign of Four, and the the first case in the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
jamiecabascos
Community Hero

Post by jamiecabascos »

hi. can i ask you where can i download adobe reader for sony ericsson. i want to read stuffs on my phone :D thanks
xAerialAssaultx

jamiecabascos wrote: hi. can i ask you where can i download adobe reader for sony ericsson. i want to read stuffs on my phone :D thanks
I don't really know much about the Sony Ericson, but I ran into this while looking for an answer. I don't know if all Ericsons work the same but here  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/391680
jamiecabascos
Community Hero

Post by jamiecabascos »

thanks. a, wait. if my phone is SE and yours is iPhone, do we have the same adobe application for our phones?
xAerialAssaultx

jamiecabascos wrote: thanks. a, wait. if my phone is SE and yours is iPhone, do we have the same adobe application for our phones?
I don't think so because the Iphone can read PDF without any kind off application. I could simply send the PDF to my email and open it on my IPhone or I can download an app called Stanza and use that to read PDFs natively on my phone.

But I don't know how it works for the Ericson.