SHERLOCK HOLMES COMPLETE COLLECTION (in PDF Format)

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
jamiecabascos
Community Hero

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES COMPLETE COLLECTION (in PDF Format)

Post by jamiecabascos »

too bad for me. :( unlucky. thanks anyways.
Umandsf
Something witty should go here.

Post by Umandsf »

Download? (looks at huge harcover gold-trimmed version purchased awhile and not read) I really should go read this, especially, since I've finally exhausted all nine DC volumes I've purchased in the last two weeks.
jamiecabascos
Community Hero

Post by jamiecabascos »

haha! :D
jamiecabascos
Community Hero

Post by jamiecabascos »

waw. thanks JD, you didn't reveal who requested :(
Umandsf
Something witty should go here.

Post by Umandsf »

Hmm, interesting. Will have to watch. Will there be spoilers? I haven't read all his stories yet.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Umandsf wrote: Hmm, interesting. Will have to watch. Will there be spoilers? I haven't read all his stories yet.
Nope, Holmes is only mentioned in passing. It's all about Doyle.
tantei okuoku
kindaichi freak

Post by tantei okuoku »

I used that in my paper about conan doyle so thanks
Mizzicco
The Rabbit With A Murderous Desire....

Post by Mizzicco »

so, did he prove their innocence?
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

Does anyone know where to find the "illustrated" version of the novels and short stories in pdf format?
jamiecabascos
Community Hero

Post by jamiecabascos »

illustrated? what does this mean?

short stories are in PDF format, otherwise stated.
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

jamiecabascos wrote: illustrated? what does this mean?

I have a hard cover copy of the "illustrated" Sherlock Holmes novels and some of the stories which I think is mostly the same as what you shared with a few pictures inserted here and there
Mizzicco
The Rabbit With A Murderous Desire....

Post by Mizzicco »

Moriarty wrote:
jamiecabascos wrote: illustrated? what does this mean?

I have a hard cover copy of the "illustrated" Sherlock Holmes novels and some of the stories which I think is mostly the same as what you shared with a few pictures inserted here and there
I think I know what you mean. I think these books are the "Great Illustrated Classics". They're like a company which takes old stories like "Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde" (Just read it, it was awesome) and "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer", model that book with a different cover on them, and put illustrations of the events on some of the pages. But as far as I know, you can't find them in PDF or anything on the Internet. I saw the "Sherlock Holmes Mysteries" as one of the "Great Illustrated Classics" in the library before, but I took a different version of it (Signet Classic Printing). The "Great Illustrated Classics" are somewhat smaller than they should be, and I think they change certain things in the stories. (To make them easier to read for younger people? I honestly don't know.)
Gamer1104

Post by Gamer1104 »

Moriarty wrote: Does anyone know where to find the "illustrated" version of the novels and short stories in pdf format?
I actually found a book like this at my local Borders in the bargain section.  It's the original stories except they're printed with the occasional pictures that were found in the original chapter printings.  It only covers from the beginning of Sherlock Holmes through till "The Return of Sherlock Holmes" or something similar to that though.  It's unabridged and only $8 so I couldn't help and pick it up...

Of course this may not even be what Moriarty is talking about though so idk  8)
"I hope when you upload the movies, that includes the few that I haven't seen, the quality I found of some of them looked like they were taken by a camcorder recording a TV playing a VHS of a camcorder recording a TV playing a VHS of the movie." -Akonyl
"One Piece has been halfway done for a while now so I'm going to bet that One Piece ends sometime after the end of the world but before Guts gets off his boat." -Nitan
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

I haven't read through the last few posts, but I did see "illustrated." The best illustration of anything Holmes was Nic Jessen's version of A Study in Scarlet. It's amazing.