Good detective / mystery novels / TV series

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
caribou

Good detective / mystery novels / TV series

Post by caribou »

Anyone have good recommendations for other detective/mystery series? Recommendations for books and TV series are welcome (that includes manga and anime too!).

I have read most of the Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie stories, and have watched both the modern TV adaptations of Sherlock Holmes (the BBC version as well as the CBS version).

I am also a fan of Jasper Fforde's books, but he has not updated his Thursday Next / Shades of Grey / Nursery Crime series in a while. :( I also have watched quite a bit of Doctor Who.

I tried following the Detective Loki manga for a while but I find the detective/mystery elements a bit lacking...

If there is already an ongoing thread for this that I did not see, apologies and please direct me!
"Shh! Celebrate after the curtain of this bloody stage closes."

dumytru

Re: Good detective / mystery novels / TV series

Post by dumytru »

Some in this list aren't exactly detective series, but the mystery is definitely there. And I'd say every single one of then is worth watching/reading.

Anime: Tantei Gakuen Q, Zankyou no Terror, Shinrei Tantei Yakumo, Gosick, Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi, Higurashi no naku koro ni, Shinsekai yori, Death Note, Monster
Books Out by Natsuo Kirino, Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
dumytru's Karaoke Project!