Books You're Currently Reading?

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Re: Books You're Currently Reading?

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

The witcher books :V
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
miakakiri
Really not sure what I should put here....

Post by miakakiri »

Uh.... I just finished reading Winter, the last book in the Lunar Chronicles series. Haven't quite picked up another book.... although I'm also in the middle of an e-book, Wren Journeymage. I keep forgetting about ebooks I'm reading. ~_~* I think I was in the middle of one of the Young Wizards book... (Abroad?) on the other device, and I need to actually read Lifeboats....
It's been a busy couple months, what with picking up a second part-time job (which ended Wednesday as the shop closed) and trying to write a crossover fanfic (see NaNo stuff). So far, I have more than 135,000 words written, but I have not yet made it through the first week of the story. ~_~* Beginning to work on editing because I'd like to get a chapter one put together so I can post it....
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
Dak

Post by Dak »

Just got through my first Christie novel, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Was not disappointed.
ara_aa_wa

Post by ara_aa_wa »

The Vagrants by Yiyun Li
“You seek a false comfort when you demand that I define myself for you with words. Words do not contain or define any person. A heart can, if it is willing.”
Robin Hobb, Golden Fool
brycec

Post by brycec »

I am reading Spice & Wolf Volume 2, so that I can write a review later
ara_aa_wa

Post by ara_aa_wa »

Peter Pan in Scarlet
“You seek a false comfort when you demand that I define myself for you with words. Words do not contain or define any person. A heart can, if it is willing.”
Robin Hobb, Golden Fool
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

Re-reading Good Omens!
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

So I finished Ellery Queen's The Greek Coffin Mystery and the last twist was absolutely insane! Holy flying toenail. The story has quite a few good twists to it but the way it was written does not make the reader get ready for what's to come; I'm pretty sure the vast majority can't predict it and it was even written in the Challenge to the Reader page: "Ungentle reader, you now have in your possession all the facts pertinent to the only correct solution of the... problem. ...I say with all good will and a fierce humility: Garde à vous, and a pox on headache!"

Right now re-reading Christie's Death on the Nile.
Prince Rénine

Post by Prince Rénine »

I'm currently reading the Arséne Luping saga, and it's even better that i thought. A lot of people like Lupin 3rd and Kaito Kid, but i don't see many fans of this saga. It has great mysteries, and interesting situations with a resolve that leaves you more than satisfied. Without mentioning that Lupin is one awsome main character, always smiling and being silly, while remaining a genius.
"That is life", he said. "When one knows how to use one's eyes. Adventure exists everywhere, in the meanest hovel, under the mask of the wisest of men." - The Eigth Strokes of the Clock, from the Arséne Lupin series.
Joddy

Post by Joddy »

Pet Sematary by Stephen King
“A secret makes a woman woman”
CreepyBF

Post by CreepyBF »

New Gods by Neil Gaiman
glowEmma

Post by glowEmma »