Books You're Currently Reading?

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
Toddler Naruto
Playful Explorer

Books You're Currently Reading?

Post by Toddler Naruto »

Note: Please don't discuss what comics/manga etc you are reading. Light Novels are okay though.

I'll start us off ^_^.

I started reading Artemis Fowl Book 04: The Opal Deception, I'm really loving this nostalgic trip into my childhood (I was obsessed with the series when I was a teen).
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Re: Books You're Currently Reading?

Post by mangaluva »

I'm trying to resist the urge to read World War Z again but I know I'm going to fail horribly.

Also, I should probably reread Good Omens soon. Because Good Omens. PSA: Good Omens is the greatest novel to have ever existed. It is not possible to read this book and not love it with every fiber of your being. It was written as a collaboration between Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett and is somehow even better than it sounds. With a full chorus of angels, demons, witches, witchfinders, hellhounds, Horsemen, children and other denizens of the Apocalypse, it is a book that everyone ever should read and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

(I just really love Good Omens okay.)
rohitjadhavrj

Post by rohitjadhavrj »

And then there were none. >:D
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

I started reading Alice in Zombieland today. It's one of my best friend's favorite books, and I usually have the same opinion (or close to it) on books that she does.
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
char13happy

Post by char13happy »

I'm currently catching up on Sherlock Holmes's A Sign of Four. It's actually pretty... Coooool.
Toddler Naruto
Playful Explorer

Post by Toddler Naruto »

I finally completed Artemis Fowl 4: Opal Deception, and I also read and finished both Books 05 and 06 of the series (Lost Colony and Time Paradox).

My next goal will probably be to buy both Books 07 and 08 before my vacation in September starts (my family will be renting a "cottage house" near the coast for 9 days).
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

Doing my Irvine Welsh reading for my dissertation. Decided to start with Skagboys. It's been a while since I've read anything in Scots.
Toddler Naruto
Playful Explorer

Post by Toddler Naruto »

I've started re-reading Inkheart, just finished Chapter 02: Secrets.
Stopwatch

Post by Stopwatch »

Toddler Naruto wrote:I finally completed Artemis Fowl 4: Opal Deception, and I also read and finished both Books 05 and 06 of the series (Lost Colony and Time Paradox).

My next goal will probably be to buy both Books 07 and 08 before my vacation in September starts (my family will be renting a "cottage house" near the coast for 9 days).
Once you've finished the last two it may be for the best if you selectively forget certain parts :P. I mean, they're not the worst things to read in the world, but personally I would have preferred it if the series had ended sooner and if all the continuity errors, especially in book one, were straightened out.

And there's a book I have, but am not really reading until I can get up the patience for it (maybe never) called "Play the French" (It's a chess book so it's obviously talking about the opening :V) but it's by "John Watson". Just... that amuses me way more than it should.

As for a book I'm actually reading, the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I've been trying to get through it for ages but I've been away more than I've been home and when I've been home I've been recovering from the horrors that are school trips (I somehow got sunburnt in Wales and we had to spend around three hours counting plant species in quadrats; plus classmates who don't know there's this thing called the volume button that they could dial down a notch when they have others trapped in a minibus with them for four hours) and DofE (because I thought trampling around getting soaked and then attacked by midges while having a huge weight of a bag on my back would be good idea at the start of the year :V) and yeah. So going to finish that by the end of the week hopefully. The book just leaks Scandinavian though :x.
Terry Pratchett wrote: The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.
Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image[/spoiler]
TanteiSa

Post by TanteiSa »

The Girl Who Saved The King of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson. It's good so far. I've read another book by the same author which I highly recommend; The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out Of The Window And Disappeared.
Longest book title out there, probably.
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

Just finished a collection of short stories by Flannery O'Connor and Kobo Abe's Suna no Onna. I'm currently reading Natsume Soseki's I am a Cat and re-reading Neil Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane which is my favorite book by this author (sans Good Omens because that was a collab effort).

I read Annie Dillard's For the Time Being almost everyday. (Seriously this is probably Dillard's best book I've ever read. It has so much existential feels, plus it's a great time-killer when I'm waiting in line or just bored in class. It's divided into short segments that resemble flash fictions but are more reflective than narrative. And it's creative non-fic.)
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

"Villain" by Shuichi Yoshida.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
dumytru's Karaoke Project!
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

Some Edward D Hoch short stories I found on OpenLibrary
blurfbreg

Post by blurfbreg »

I just finished a book titled "Night Train to Lisbon" by Pascal Mercier, which was originally written in German, then translated into English due to its popularity in Europe. The book brings you into a world where you begin to discover yourself and the world through the lens of the "protagonist".
Sleep tight; Don't let the bedbugs bite.
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

The witcher books :V
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays