The B'z Hype Topic! ("This Love" Lyric Video Now Available!)

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
IrelandCalling

Re: The B'z Hype Topic! ("This Love" Lyric Video Now Available!)

Postby IrelandCalling » November 8th, 2017, 7:02 am

PS Thanks so much JD for the message with link to B'z XX9!! Hope to d/l and view this soon as :)
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Deportation applications available.

Postby Jd- » November 12th, 2017, 9:37 pm

IrelandCalling wrote:The Return of B'z!! This past week has seen me delve straight back into B'z world with hours of Live-Gm viewings (on YouTube and DVD) in anticipation of the upcoming 'Dinosaur' album.

ELEVEN: I hadn't listened to B'z for a while so this week has been incredible, all of the live stuff, as well as 3 of my top favourite albums - 'Brotherhood', 'Loose', 'Eleven'. I wonder, how is 'Eleven' viewed by the fandom? It's borderline heavy metal in some instances, which is why I love it - the variety in their catalogue is huge. 'Eleven', much like 'Brotherhood', features mainly very hard hitting and propulsive rock, and is a very exciting album. Four great singles ('Ring' for instance, just wow!) - and an album of all killer no filler. Is this almost heavy metal B'z fondly remembered by the fans, the whole 'Brotherhood'/'Eleven' era? I notice not many songs from these two, with the very obvious exceptions, are played live.

I ordered the 2CD/1DVD 'Best Ultra Treasure' also (I had the accompanying set with the bonus fabulous Zepp 2007 show on DVD), I love the rock versions of 'Pleasure' and 'Bad Communication'.

Yo IC! Long time indeed! Glad to see you back around on the cusp of the new hype.

Brotherhood & ELEVEN is indeed part of an interesting era... In fact, there's a story as to why they are so hard rock. When B'z The Best "Pleasure" came out and was such an explosive success (after two months it was the biggest-selling album in Japanese history!), Tak said he "started to feel a sense of crisis after seeing what sort of sales [the best albums] had generated. That's why I think [the next album] Brotherhood went in a hard direction." Quite literally, the expectations around their next studio album were unprecedented. This was a real turning point for their output, because while LOOSE and SURVIVE had started to move more into hard rock territory, it was really with Brotherhood that it all changed for good. As far as the fan reaction to those albums, there are certain signature songs from them that have overtaken the others... Those songs, at the very least, have been very warmly received.

I highly recommend giving the relevant B'z Wiki article a read sometime. The backstory behind Best "Pleasure" may come as quite a surprise! (For example, did you know it was called B'z GOLDEN BEST and that both Tak and Koshi were completely against it at the time? It has quite a history now!)
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Deportation applications available.

Postby Jd- » November 13th, 2017, 8:10 pm

Kogorou wrote:Alright Folks:

This is it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jMk3NVatas

They are back!
And WOW!

My response:

This aired on the radio with "CHAMP" earlier, to note. My first two thoughts: "Thank goodness this isn't just a 90 second intro track" and "This HAS to be the LIVE-GYM opener!". Listen to that opening guitar "roar" with the ESP Random Star (Black Star model). I'm not usually an ESP guy but I always appreciate a nice black guitar. The chorus is especially strong here, and we may get to hear it live sooner than expected because B'z will be on NTV's Best Artist 2017 the day before release. Not sure what they're playing yet, but it's probably something from the album and this one would be a hype fit for sure.

The real question now is: Will we get another PV from the album next week? If so, which song would it be? There are technically three now (counting "Seimei" and "Still Alive", which they will I'm sure).

Return to “Media Discussion”